2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 51
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sleepover at dad's house tonight since brother hurt his back and cannot do lifting. So far I managed to fix the vacuum cleaner (hoses totally clogged, works great now) and get the sheets in the laundry and mop floors. I tested various mattresses here - none anywhere near as comfortable as at home. How do people sleep on bad mattesses? Will see what else I can get cleaned up. New sink stopper seems to work here, I had doubts since it did not appear to work on my laundry tub at home. Got a free small first aid bag at CVS from hubby buying bandages several weeks ago.
    Last edited by dlrcpa; 06-22-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: additional

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hot and humid here. Suppose to storm this evening. Found a huge zucchini in the garden yesterday. Going to make bread, cookies, or relish today. Not doing much today. Need to finish laundry and look at sales to hit for the week. May do some sewing while I watch yv this afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like we will be catching up on yard work. It's supposed to storm overnight and tomorrow so it has to be done. At least our property is the driest it has been. Thinking of going to the Blue Water Bridge boardwalk tonight to watch the boats and tankers, I'm sure with the nice weather we are having everyone will be out. It finally feels like summer is here.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's wet here. DH and I are staying home. I went last night after supper for groceries so I would not have to go today. Milk, cat food, TP, and the doorbusters. They had bacon, eggs, biscuits, juice, etc all real cheap. Had to get a raincheck on the OJ though.

Going to do a little cleaning up. I think it's time winter coats and ice scrapers got put away, LOL! Coffee table needs a good clear-off and polish. Kitchen needs swept, etc.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I helped move my brother's stuff into his new apartment yesterday. He's currently i Asia, will be home on Wednesday, and already leave for London on Friday. We thought it would be nice for him not having to worry about moving in as well.

I made elderflower cordial today and will have dinner with my mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is turning out more frugal than expected. Put up 9 quarts of blueberries I got cheap. I made zucchini bread and cookies from the zucchini I grew, dehydrated basil, lemon thyme, and parsley for winter use. Making grilled zucchini and chicken dish tonight for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

peaceful here overcast . ds sleepover in backyard w friends went well.. though did have to tell them to go to bed at 3am a few times. picked up my yarn order from mailbox and did some grocery shopping. picked up a tent too from bass pro shop for a trip. small one. made a breakfast casserole for them. don't think they liked it too much lol too many veggies

we went to toy story 4, good one of course..stay until the lights come up lots of extras if you go. put the dishwasher on and relaxing. dh cleaned out more from the garage and took the load to the dump. $40 it cost. no idea what is for dinner yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We added the memory foam that did not work in the camper to the guest bed today. Instead of replacing the bottom sheet and mattress pad, which now need to be the deep pocket style, I used an old sheet and added four inches to both so they both fit. Since color didn't matter, I used odd colors of thread bought cheap on the serger to sew in the new strips.

BLTs for both lunch and supper, so minimal dishes and cooking. Had to try out a microwave bacon rack I got NIB for $1 Friday. It worked well. It sells for $17 on Amazon, so good savings.

Instead of trashing the basil and mint in an AeroGarden that needed to be shut down, I dehydrated the basil and froze the mint.

Instead of drinking pop today, I stuck with ice water with a slice of lemon. One lemon lasts me a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted a padded box to protect a food scale in the camper, so I repurposed a little bag, cut it in half, and bound the top edge with bias tape. I added a scrap of foam to cushion the ride. Everything was from my stash so this cost almost nothing.Attachment 49065

I also made the wall protector. I wish it could have been put in a more decorative spot, but it has to be there to do its job.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190624_140820_1561403933033.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Huh. The padded box didn't show up.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190624_115024_1561404065340.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Busy day. Walked 2.84 miles, gathered veggies, donated bug spray I got cheap to homeless, going to make zucchini relish and pickles today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB you seem to have a lot of zucchini. Have you tried making it like applesauce? Recipe I used has you puree the cooked zucchini with sugar, cinnamon and some lemon juice. I like it just like that, but you can add it to any kind of recipe that calls for applesauce.
    We're having salad for supper. We had rain yesterday and last night so I hope it is dry for a few days. It's hot and less humidity would be preferable.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH stayed home today, not feeling well. I think he may be sick of work. That or the heat is getting to him. Neither of us were very hungry so I skipped the planned dinner and made tuna salad sandwiches.

Haven't grown zucchini in a while, but always tried to get to them when they were small. Pickle relish is a great way to use them up. You can make nearly anything into relish.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got an hour of yard work done last night - in long sleeves & pants. We have a row of huge bushes that has not been trimmed for a few years. Nearly done w/ that project although there is a bird nest that I circumvented until I can check there are no birds in there. Laundry tonight and hopefully leftovers for supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I attempted a teriyaki chicken last night. I made some changes and it turned out to taste like garlic chicken. I wasn't happy with it but DS2 gave it a 8/10. I'll attempt it again and DS2 will grill it as he volunteered.

Maybe DH will take me to run a errand at the MD's office to get papers. Then they have to get emailed and a appt made. My fatigue has increased and I'm exhausted.

DH was outside and a truck pulled up next to him. The guy asked if he could buy DH's car but DH said he just bought it and needs it to get around! The guy said that he had one like that and it gave up at 400,000 miles and he wanted another one.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast