2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 53
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro..good luck! maybe he is scared of losing you. but it is better not to have them around if it stresses you out.

had plans but friend said lets go to value village senior day so why not discounts. need to make appts first though. dh got groceries yesterday bread and milk. long weekend because of canada day. did a overnight camping trip w family so that was nice. enough for us. allergies w smoke etc so we didn't do much yesterday. have enough for dinner in the house. so much food so need to use it up before going on the trip.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got an email last week that spectrum had a $14 per gig phone plan, and my usage is generally under that each month. I went to sign up today and they were able to knock $15 off my internet bill besides. So I’m still paying them the same amount, but dropped my old cell phone bill entirely. 😁

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Well, when I asked DH a question about the surgery, his response was that if it was him, he wouldn't do it. Unfortunately, this issue will gravely affect me and I don't have a choice. So, my plan is to go with my sis (she is my power of medical attorney) and relax with her at the hotel. I appreciate everyone's positive vibes on this!

I made shepherd's pie today with old potatoes and stuff around the house. DS2 loved it. This week, I plan on making fish from the freezer, pumpkin pie, banana bread, ranch chicken strips- either with a spicy rice or on a bun with bacon...Or both so they can choose as I have leftover buns and wraps.

I have to do so much today! Gotta get to the banks for transfers and pay the CC, gym exercise, visit a client, make dinner, go to work..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm doing good not letting food go to waste. Leftovers last night for hubby, salad for me. I made muffins for my breakfasts next 5 days. I will be limited in diet beginning tomorrow due to colonoscopy next week. Made a zippered fabric & mesh bag using scraps. I'm finding them useful. Working extra hours at home in the evenings due to other people being on vacation. Too hot to work outside & thunderstorms.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got my morning walk in followed by cooling down in the pool. Got to do laundry and clean house today. Going to Kroger for spareribs at 99 cents/ lb.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy 4th of July!!

DH wants to grill whatever is in the freezer for dinner. Some steak and brats I think. I will make cornbread, rice and spinach.

I'll be working today. It should be busy as it was busy yesterday.

DS2 did well on his first test. Two more to go until Fall semester starts... He complains a lot about college but we ignore most of it.

My sis sent a thank-you for taking her and my niece on vacation with us. She gave us a box of a variety of items from Omaha Steaks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby is in charge of supper today. I don't plan to leave the house. Going to do odd jobs and sewing, finish an audio-book and load another one onto the MP3 player. I got a paperback from the little free library yesterday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Packing up to spend the day at the beach. Can't wait to stick my toes in the sand and relax!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy July 4th everyone. Hope everyone has a great day. I accomplished my first goal of the day, which was to sleep late.

No plans here, going to relax and tidy up a bit. Friends coming tomorrow. I already made a last minute grocery run for things we needed. Glad I picked up the essentials earlier. I heard from other shoppers the store was out of burger and hot dog buns. Yesterday I hit Aldi early to get their weekly specials and saw a woman with an entire shopping cart of buns. Must have been a big party she was planning!

Rujerro, that dinner sounds nice. We are going to have burgers and probably salad. Tomorrow DH is in charge of the smoker while I am at the clinic.

Raining here today, but won't last long, just make it more humid.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy 4th!!!

4 days off work and LOTS of plans/things to do around the house/garden.

I picked the garden this morning and put 3.5 gallon bags of tomatoes in the freezer. Took all the bags of bones from the freezer and made chicken broth, used it to make cream of mushroom soup, from mushrooms I foraged on Sunday, 8 quarts and 4 1.5 pints and the only ingredients that cost me $ were salt, pepper and flour, Total cost was less than $1. While the soup was canning I cleaned the wild garlic I found and dehydrated the stems. Tomorrow I will turn the stems into power.

Lunch and supper was creamed chicken with peas on hm bread. I used lo chicken from the freezer and hm chicken broth instead of milk.

In the last week and a half our power has gone out 3 times, 3 to 16 hours. I've decided i"m going to reduce the amount of food in the freezer y canning what I can. I got 5 packs of beef roasts out of the freezer to thaw. I'm going to cube it and can it Saturday.

A few weeks ago we got a quote to cut down 2 trees ($1475) well....they guy hasn't called yet to set an appointment and as luck would have it a storm came thru and knocked down the best of the 2 trees. Hubby spent $350 on a chainsaw and finished cutting the tree down. Saved us $400 and now we have a chainsaw which is good because we have another tree that is down that we need to deal with. We will still have to pay to have one tree taken down because it's close to power lines on one side and is tall enough to hit the house.

Also fried up 3# of hamburger I bought for $1.89/# with onions from the garden and foraged garlic. Saturday I'm going to juice tomatoes from the garden and can chili. meat,beans and hm chili seasoning will be my only expense.

Supper tomorrow night will be stir fry - lo chicken, from the garden: yard long beans, yellow squash, zucchini, foraged garlic and mushrooms, from the store; broccoli and carrots. I'll make the sauce from scratch.

No drive. no spend day and I slept in. All in all, I would say we had a great 4th of July.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy 4th of July to my American friends! Hope you are all enjoying yourselves.

allergies w pills wiping me out , getting things done like booked flights, paid for one day camp, hit michaels for some steampunk stuff ..dd made a hat. housework the usual. cat to the vet yesterday but now sneezing etc so don't know if she picked up a bug there.
    my mom is in the hospital..a spell that was worse so she called ambulance instead of us. pancreatitis ..been having these spells thinking it was food poisoning. her not so great doctor said acid reflex but it isn't all lower but now she can get treated ..stubborn. runs in the family.

dh gets to fix a kitchen sink leak. did easy button frozen taquitos for dinner. kids and I have eye appts tomorrow morning which is in the mall library grocery store there. need milk and bread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL- Power outages are bad. All frozen food can thaw and I think that you are smart to can!! We've had that happen to us and we had an extra refrigerator in the garage. I was able to salvage most of it but not all. That was sad for me.

Martha- Sorry to hear of your Mom's pancreatitis! And how stellar her doctor is... My parents had doctors like that. One time , Dad's MD wanted him to go for a medical procedure. I tried to tell him to go to a different doctor and a specialty hospital. He refused as mom said she wanted him to go to a hospital near her so visiting him wouldn't be a long drive. Well, Dad told me he was put on a particular med before this operation and I got online and started looking into this surgery. It said that patients could NOT take this med before surgery!! So, I called him in a panic and told him he had to go to the specialty hospital or he was gonna die under this doctor's hands!! He finally listened and sure enough, the specialty hospital said he indeed would've died.....We have to be so vigilant with doctors because they really don't know everything.....

Had a hailstorm today. DH was trying to grill and the rain came after that. Food was burned but oh well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working from home today. Only need to go out to chiropractor this afternoon. Rainy and humid. Pasta for supper I think. Probably do sewing projects this evening. Need to make car service appt for next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been hot here. Getting my walks in early morning. First swim of the year yesterday. Supper on porch with my neighbor and her visitor, I made potato salad and pasta salad, no one ate either one except me. Oh well. They weren't that good anyway. Back in the fridge.

Still haven't needed to use the AC at night though.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2019 Frugal Challenge-img_3670.jpg

2019 Frugal Challenge-img_3665.jpgMartha, your poor mom! Hope she feels better soon.

rujerro, how scary about your dads dr. Thanks for sharing your story, it really shows that we all have to do our homework when it comes to health care.

LL, I'm exhausted just reading your post! Sounds like you got a lot done yesterday.

I got nothing done yesterday, just sat at the beach.
    We had been there for most of the day when a couple and their young adult daughter came and sat 5 feet behind us. It got a little crowded since there was a whole beach to choose where to sit! Very uncomfortable so we left. I told DH, that's one way to get the spot you want.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON