2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 56
Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the boardwalk done and the rain barrel set up. I followed instructions and diagrams and the diverter doesn't work. Grrr. I can fix it but shouldn't have to. Aggravating.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190709_120655_1562716091875.jpg

We started the tube storage mod on the camper by using a piece of scrap lumber. We have most of what we will need. I'm not sure how soon this project will get done because it's not a priority, but we've hashed out some details now, so I should be able to cut the tubes and work on the project a little at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, wow, you guys are really knocking out the projects fast since your husband retired. Great job on the boardwalk.

DH is off this week so while I was at work today he started to paint the railing on the back porch. He bought the paint from a garage sale a couple of years ago. It was the same color RustOleum that we used so he bought two quarts for 25 cents each. It was nice that we didn't have to buy paint. We washed the cars this afternoon so no money spent at the car wash.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ugh that is frustrating but at least not a huge expense and you can did you check good out of it a few times lol . due for rain here apparently for a couple of days but not cool. ds was suppose to wash my car for money but didn't get bird poop scrubbed off showed him a couple of times. so he didn't bother going back to finish and I didn't pay him. would have today but he started summer school. cranky today too lack of sleep for both of us. kids activities. spent a lot on groceries and household stuff like garbage bags. visited my mom in hospital ..waiting for gall bladder out. always waits until health problems are bad. introduced her and my cousin to facebook video chat.

had people over for dinner last night. went for lunch w friend, library , etc. trip coming up soon so need to get things together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD- Looks nice and the rain barrel is very modern looking.

Martha- Sorry the car wasn't washed. I tried paying my kids for chores but it didn't work either.

MIL went home from nursing home. She needs full time care and has a hoyer that can put her on toilet and in bed. She seems to be in better spirits now that she's home. A nurse and a relative come in to care for her. The relative will be leaving in another month for college, though. FIL is with her but unable to help lift or anything.

Ate leftovers today- smoked chicken & rice. I'll probably make bbq chicken pizza tomorrow. I made a pumpkin pie and DS2 said it tasted like the Fall season. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the bathrooms cleaned this morning and two loads of laundry done. One is on the line and one I just ran through the dryer. Going to the beach today since the high is supposed to be 88 degrees. Tonight we will be going to a free Journey tribute band.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M, it's not worth it to keep my car washed. We have trees and there is always bird poo. This week they are repairing sidewalks across the street, sending big clouds of cement dust this way. There is always something.

Rujerro, hope MIL gets settled comfortably.

Rabbit, have fun at the beach and concert. That sounds really nice.

It was supposed to get very hot today, like 99*, but a thunderstorm is moving in so I am not sure that prediction will hold. It was nice about 5 minutes ago and now I hear thunder.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking my car for its 1st 5K service tonight (complimentary). It's nice that they have evening hours (I think until 11 pm) so I don't have to take off work. I returned and got another book from the Little Free Library this morning so I would have something to read while waiting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been too busy to post. Granddaughter is visiting and grandsons come tonight. I have a theatre meeting today. Been canning zucchini relish and dill pickles. Going to make pesto and dehydrate more basil today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got back from vacation Sunday afternoon....took us five hours with the traffic....picked up a dresser I got for our grandson....didn't tell husband it was a 3 story townhouse and God was listening to me, praying it wasn't on the third floor....got there and they had brought it down from the third floor and even had young men there to load it....Thank you God!!!!
    Laundry done but I am looking for a place to put the nine cases of books I got few weeks ago. I am thinking I need to purchase a bookcase at Big Lots on Sunday at 20% off on Sunday. Will see what husband says.
    Made appointment for oil change, dentist appointment, and lunch all next week.
    Storm coming in but they are saying it won't hit us directly, but we may get the rain. But I don't think they really know what this storm is going to do.....the rain makes me nervous.....we don't need another Harvey.....people are still recovering from that storm.... I'm prepared...as much as we can be prepared......have water and plenty of food that doesn't need cooking...of course I worry about my freezer but not much I can do for that....it's packed so should hold at least a day or two.
    Worked on my pencil packs for Operation Christmas Child. Have a bunch....need to look for some small notebooks and small toys to fit in the bags.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

peg, hope the storm misses you completely and the rain won't cause any problems with flooding.

Off today so we will do some chores around the property and then plans are to take the dogs to a park by Lake St. Clair this afternoon. One thing we have to get done is to patch up some holes made by the dogs by the back door. My weird dogs don't dig holes, they know better, they EAT holes in the yard. Dirt apparently is delicious to them. We will have to dig up some grass and patch it in the holes. Some trees need to be trimmed too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking the grandkids to Burger Lake swimming hole today. I’m sure I will be pooped when I get home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes the crows I feed poop on it lol I hose the car off once in a while. need to make a list of stuff to get done before I leave in a week. got dh to order the air mattress and luggage locks off amazon ..cheaper and if I go to states will spend money on more stuff.

work meeting and see if my mom had the op yet on way home. grocery shopped yesterday again. will only get fresh stuff like milk and bread. froze the extra spaghetti sauce. will use up veggies etc because boys will ignore them. of course housework etc. visited my neighbour for a few hours yesterday hadn't a proper visit in months. will move a litter box in the dining room because miss pissy pants will pee while I am gone so why have pee sitting around. she pissed on a tissue on the floor this morning after dh left. under the dining room table.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Leftovers for supper. Made chicken salad to take to dad's Saturday. Baked a cake and mocha frosting from scratch, half will also go there for my brother. Mocha to use leftover coffee. Thinking I will try to work extra hours next week since my evenings are free. This week was too busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg- Hoping the storm doesn't hit your area! Glad the guys brought the dresser downstairs.Whew.
    Martha- I knew someone that used a water spray bottle when their cats did that. But it looks like Ms. PP does it when nobody is around. Would a cage be an option?

DH extremely tired today. Got up, went to gym, ate and back to bed. Working a lot of hours and overnight to boot.

Still no word from the surgeons and setting up my surgery. They called me for a consult on Wednesday and I didn't answer. I called the office and left messages and an email but no further calls. I'm sure they will try again next week. They won't say when they will call either. I just have to be available! It's frustrating. If this doesn't improve, I'll call the hospital that my MD recommends in Ohio. I already paid $500 for the consult, which they claim that insurance won't cover.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, I went through a lot of phone tag setting up my surgeries, too. Always too busy to call me back. The consultations were the worst. Showed up at appt times and left sitting in the waiting room for hours. Hospital overbooked and doctor needed to retire. Don't care if they are considered "the best" in the city, I will go elsewhere next time.

We went out to do some shopping and ended up getting sandwiches for dinner. Have leftovers in the fridge and vegetables in the drawers. Going to look at the sale ads in the morning and see if there are any good deals. Otherwise we'll use what we have for a few more days. No plans for the weekend unless I need to get food.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown