2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 57
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked the garden and froze the tomatoes. Baked 5 loves of zucchini bread. We leave for Huston in the morning and our friends are charging us 2 loves of zucchini bread to stay. Gotta love it!!

We had another baby goat born today. We now have 4 goats.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Living Large hope you don't plan on traveling this weekend with storm coming in.....Houston is expected to get rain but LA is really getting it bad and they are saying don't travel between TX and LA.....please be careful.....
    Husband said we can look for the bookcase this weekend if weather is ok.....I need to get these cases of books out of my living room...

Going to take my antique library table to grandson so will be changing up living room a little. I am slowly getting rid of things....having lunch with a young mom on Wednesday and am taking her a tote filled with things for her home. I think she will appreciate them.

Have another mom coming for breakfast in morning if weather isn't bad. So weekend is looking to be busy...hope everyone has a great weekend....stay safe.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to volunteer at the large cancer fundraiser, working in the food tent. I've done it for many years, it's an amazing event (bike ride, walking, rowing, golf - raises over $3 mil a year).
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today we are taking the grands to the Perot Museum and then to the rodeo tonight. We will meet DS to drop off the Gsons. Gdaughter will be sad. DH tilled the area in the garden yesterday where kale was, so GD and I will plant cantaloupe there tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brother gave me several boxes of his stuff to donate, so need to schedule pickup. Also a plastic "crate" that I want to turn into a footstool for patio use - make a removable top w/ cushion. I may try cutting down a piece of cooler styro-foam for the top.
    I scheduled a dog club event at a winery today. It's going to be hot. If nobody else shows up then I'll buy a few bottles of wine and leave. It always seems the case people say they want club activities but then never bother to show up.
    Meatloaf for supper I think. I'll make muffins for next week if the oven is on anyway.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, I hope your winery event happens. That sounds nice on a hot day. So good of you to make arrangements. I know what you mean about people not showing up. We were supposed to get together with friends yesterday, but could not get anyone to confirm even after sending multiple reminders. And then in the morning a flood of apologies and excuses. This is the 2nd or 3rd time. It's getting to the point I want to stop trying and go live as a hermit.

I know it's the middle of July but I want to get the final seedlings planted. I think they still have a chance. It's hot this morning but will only get hotter this afternoon so might as well get it started.

Need to grocery shop. Did not go last weekend, so we have a big list now. Another potluck tonight and I am trying to decide between three salads: a simple shredded carrot salad, another corn salad with fresh local vegs, or the apple and cucumber salad that is really good but requires julienning everything by hand. Nobody else in that group makes any of the three, so any one will be welcome. We'll see how much energy I have left at 5pm.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Doing laundry and first auditions tonight. Taking it easy until then. Gsons went home, but Gdaughter still here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

didn't get much sleep last night.. dh joys of sharing a bed. coughing snoring etc. popped another allergy pill. we are watching the upside. have a bunch of things to watch before leaving on trip. my mom is good home in a couple of days. kids activities etc. getting ready for the trip. just putting things on the dining room table as I think of it. eating at home. short power outage yesterday morning.

discovered a hidden moldy black banana in the fruit bowl. so clean up time. usual housework. cleanup. not sure what is for dinner. not going to be that ambitious today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to Sandfest today, weather was perfect and had a nice time. They had the lighthouse keepers duplex open to visitors and the hospital built in 1829. There was live music too. Will attach some pictures, hopefully they will not be sideways.2019 Frugal Challenge-img_1711.jpg
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2019 Frugal Challenge-img_1696.jpg

Hopefully this one won't be sideways!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

those are really cool thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool sculptures. Hopefully it wasn't as hot as we had yesterday. The winery turned out to be very nice. Lots of people seemed to come there just to picnic and they had dozens of tables w/ umbrellas. I got sunburned anyway despite sitting in umbrella shade. Bought several bottles of wine.

I noticed there is now a Tractor Supply Company on the way home from dad's house. Have not shopped there before as it was never convenient. I know they have good prices on some things. What types of things should I think about getting there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning!
    Have to hit the library and return things we took out for vacation and need to take DS8 to the dermatologist. Also need to make a bunch of phone calls (insurance, doctor appts) today, and then am planning a hike with DD18 later today. Dinner is sausage and pepper sandwiches, a fan favorite. Hoping to keep this as a no spending day! We did well with the grocery shopping yesterday...want to keep the momentum going!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Debt:
    Mortgage - $399,526.10
    Grocery Budget Challenge: $749.08/$800.00

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tractor Supply is a farm/garden/hardware store. I've never been in one, not close to us, but I guess you could check their web store, or get on their sale flier/mailing list and get the ads.

Cloudy here, getting the edge of that tropical storm, not enough to actually rain but it may keep the temps down.

I discovered yesterday that tomatillos need a partner to propagate, so I am off to the big expensive nursery to see if they have any vegetable plants left. They are the only ones likely to. A friend of mine says they will cross pollinate with peppers, which is great, but it's planted right next to a ghost pepper and I really don't want hot and spicy tomatillos.

Then quilting guild sewing day. Then dance practice. And then if I have any energy left there will be home made kibbe, with pita, yogurt, and tabouleh for dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TSC will carry outdoor items such as camping, hunting, and fishing gear, feed and seed, garden and farm needs, possibly canning supplies and spices, barbecue and grill supplies, possibly parts and supplies for boats, ATVs, and stuff like that, tools, hardware, tires and other automotive needs. We don't usually go to TSC but they're similar to the fleet supply place we go to. I love their spices, and we also go there for tools, truck and camper batteries, dock parts, sometimes small kitchen appliances, pet gear, garden dirt, and stuff like that. Not sure TSC has exactly the same stuff but it's similar.