2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It’s been snowing, but not much. Don’t know what we are doing today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still working on angel gowns using all the assorted stuff I picked up cheap. I think I have 23 sewed now, and just have to press them and add embellishments. Then I can get all the matching bonnets done, then move on to making a couple dozen pouches. If I'm not too sick of the whole project by the time I'm done with that, I want to make some more gowns and pouches from some of the colored adult size gowns I bought. I also have some gowns that will require special handling so will take more time.

Other than that, just doing the usual.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

raining off and on here. because my friend is back today from vacay. seems when she goes away to a hot spot is it sunny here until she comes back so I bug her about it. still leftovers to eat. don't think the boys touched them yesterday. dh out tonight. my shows to watch. housework/laundry to do. decluttering all the stuff around the house that builds up. kitten was a pest half the night bugging the other cat on the bed. so of course he has been asleep all morning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ever have one of those weeks where you feel everyone else has 24 hours in their day but for some reason you only have 18? That's been my week. I don't know where the missing hours are, maybe with my missing socks.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not doing much. Going to make cookies with the GD today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished eating some left over mac cheese, green beans,still have a little meat loaf left.Got a crock pot of pinto beans an d roast in another crock pot cooking will be putting some in freezer.Bake a fruit cocktail cake yesterday fixed icing this morning eating some now. And watching it snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Snowing here too. Started late last night and supposed to snow all day. I had no plans to leave the house so did a run through on the house this morning and then spent the day reading, napping, making a puzzle and playing on the computer. Love snow day on the weekend, just not on work days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

was raining and a wind storm further away not here like they thought. home weekend. ds and dh getting the rest of the lights off the front window. needed to be home during the day for the light. switched area rugs so living room now downstairs.. housework/laundry ..want to rearrange playroom to be better for crafts. clear out some stuff. dh picked up the 50" tv from walmart sale ordered a couple weeks ago so will see how nice it is and if we will keep it. ds starts a new course with his friend this afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It snowed overnight in RI. Sent pics back home to show them real snow. Made snow ice cream for me and GD this morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny and 16 below here. Severe clear. We're headed for a high of minus 6. Luckily we don't have to go anywhere till Husby goes back to work Tuesday. I hope all in the path of the storms can stay safe and don't lose power.

Still keeping the gas fireplace off during the day. Not sure that saves much because the main furnace the has to run more to heat the space.

Got the current batch of baby gowns done, all made of bits and pieces of things I've picked up cheap, like $5 wedding gowns, and lace, thread, flowers, etc picked up for pennies at thrifts and garage sales. Still have to make bonnets for them all.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190120_105111_1548003997011.jpg
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190120_105052_1548004064040.jpg
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190120_105038_1548004134583.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

leftover pizza for lunch, with coleslaw. Cooked down some lamb bones to make broth which will go into the freezer awaiting lamb stew.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here, with wind chill, 15 below. Of course with the wind blowing snow, I have to keep going out to clear a path for the little dog. Brrrr. We went to church this morning and then stopped at Meijer and Kroger to pick up sale items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're at 26 below already at 10 PM here. I don't think we have much wind though. I've been watching the temp on our little digital weather center and it's dropping like a stone.

Nothing frugal going on in the heating department tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my.....that is cold......please stay warm...
    SD those gowns and outfits are adorable.....I donated my wedding gown to a place in Dallas a few years ago and I pray that someone made it into outfits as adorable as yours....you are talented and I am sure everything you do is appreciated..... it's one less thing these poor families have to deal with.....
    It was just windy here...not as cold as expected....thank goodness....I don't think I could go back to that cold.....
    Tomorrow I will be making chicken noodle soup and a cake....have to provide dinner for the teen moms on Tuesday....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9 degrees F here and windy. A tree fell on a neighbor's house yesterday (someone I know from dog-walking). One corner of upper story roof punctured and tree still leaning on the house. My furnace has been running quite a bit. Dog club meeting tonight, I baked a cake and taking deviled eggs and cheese & crackers. Wind is supposed to die down this evening at least.

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast