2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 60
Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ that is great news on the scholarship.
    Monday the I/T team screwed up our internet so I returned home 10 am and worked at home all day. Supposedly they have fixed everything so I'll have to go back to work. Taking a book in case that is just someone's fantasy that everything is working again.
    It cooled off so I'm using the oven tonight - casserole, rice pudding, muffins.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This was a good morning to get out into the garden. Weeded the carrot and garlic rows. Pulled one carrot to see how they are doing, getting fat, but still short. I will slice it into a veg medley for dinner along with the peas from last week. Pulled out all the garlic, it is time. Have to let it dry. Also pulled up a few onions that were ready, 2 white and 2 yellow. I planted an assortment. Also picked a few cherry tomatoes, two cukes, and a bell pepper. Noticed that my tomatillo pollinated after all, there are teeny tiny fruit on it.

It's fly season. We had 8 in the house this morning. Sigh. Going to the hardware store this afternoon for sticky traps.

DH is home from work, sick, today. They had a company lunch yesterday and a few people got ill from it. He's already feeling better, whatever it was it wasn't serious.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL-Loofah? Wow, never knew it could be eaten.

Well, looks like we're gonna try to refi, much to my surprise. The rates at the new credit union were great and the closing costs were half that of a big bank. So, it's cleaning and purging for me and I don't know what to do with a lot of this stuff. DS1 keeps boxes and the amount of clutter from floor to ceiling in his room is intense. It looks like a hoarders episode. Seriously. I'll do my best and pack my car. But DH and DS1 will have to pack their cars, unless they want to throw stuff out (Do we really need stacks of magazines that haven't seen daylight in 15 years?)

I cooked up eggs/chorizo/potatoes/onions and DS2 made a burrito from it. I didn't get to the applesauce muffins yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working from home today Wednesday, probably Friday also. The I/T department deployed laptops to us on Monday on which we basically cannot do our work. I can work pretty well from home on my OWN laptop, thank you. "Training" Thursday on the new work laptops that don't work. That should be fun. Leftovers for supper. At least the weather is decent and I'm not wasting 2 hours driving today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another morning headache, but I have to keep going. Laundry, grocery store and then home to sew. Rehearsal tonight. Haven’t a clue about dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ....every little bit helps when it comes to paying for college....congrats to your son....
    Husband got a $50 visa gc for test driving a car....didn't even have to test drive it....he just filled out paperwork and that was it...of course they are bugging me on my phone but I don't answer....anyway, used it today to purchase some small baggies for my pencil packs for Operation Christmas Child.......had to pay almost more for shipping then for the bags but it's still cheaper then using my hefty bags...so, still have $35 left....will get some good pencils at Walgreens this week and maybe some crayons....
    Had brakes replaced today...not cheap but needed to be done....
    Taking bookcase to grandson tomorrow nite so will make lasagna to take for him and room mates....tonite is leftover quiche...husband won't be happy with that but I need to use it up...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank You, everyone, for the good wishes on DS2's college blessing.

I started cleaning my bathroom and will wipe down the baseboards and use the magic eraser on the sinks/tub. I had to get some new towels as new ones will be fresh and pretty for when the Refi people come wandering in..... The good news is that I used Swagbucks for them....And Target sells bath towels for $2.50 !! Deal.

I found these frozen meal kits at the market marked down to $1.29! They are a citrus garlic chicken ( frozen chicken breasts with the sauce to marinate in) and fried garlic chips to put on top. I got 2 packages and hope they taste ok....

I was lucky to get an email from a airline saying I needed to use up my miles on buying something.... I usually get free magazines but had enough for a gift card! I sent my Sis a birthday gift from these miles to Walmart. I'll send her a card with lottery in it, too. She only wanted a card this year. Does she really think I'd only send her a card?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ I like Target's prices a lot too. I use them for pantry goods orders about once a month - free delivery @ $35. Sweatpants for dad were only $10 a few months ago. Your sister should be pleased.

I have to drive in to work today for "training". I doubt it will be worth while. I'm hoping the computer issues are still bad enough that I can justify working from home Friday. My computer at home works just fine.

We had leftovers for supper Wednesday. Either more leftovers tonight or salad.... Ground beef goes on sale Friday so I'll plan on burgers tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rehearsals are already amazing. This show is going to be the talk of the town. Finishing the doll dress today and spending the afternoon with the costumer pulling items we might use for the show. Think DH will takes out to eat tonight.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, hope your son does well in college. Great deal on the frozen meals.

Dlr, training is almost never fun, but I hope you get through it without computer issues.

GB, have a great day and enjoy dinner out.

Have family flying in today. Thought they were bringing the kids, but no it is just BIL and his wife. Have not seen them in 10 years. Not staying here but we will have them over several times, so a little more cleaning up is required today. I honestly have no idea what we will be doing for dinner tonight or the rest of the week, they have expressed interest in seeing some sights but not shared any other plans. Everything will be last minute. At least the weather should be great while they are here.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH have fun with your brother....10 years is a long time but everyone seems so busy nowadays....make some memories....

Slept late today....very little energy so not much getting done....I've learned to listen to my body...tomorrow is another day and if it doesn't get done then who is going know other then me....no one....

Got to run to Aldi's to pick up some milk for husband cereal in morning....and salad for grandson's dinner tonite….rethinking the lasagna and they may just get pasta and meatballs....they will be happy with whatever I fix. Will be glad to get bookcase out of the middle of my living room.

GB wish we lived in your town.....my oldest grandson use to do community theater and he loved it....now, he is busy working supporting his little family.....which is a good thing....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Training mercifully shortened due to the presenter not thinking to arrange for or bring a projector. So 1 hr 40 minute delay while he went to Best Buy and spent $700 on a projector. This is the type of I/T people we are dealing with. Work from home Friday since they did not fix any of the computer issues they are having all week. Hopefully Monday too. Love getting paid while working in the comfort of home.
    Neighbor gave us 4 ears of corn. I was invited to pick from their garden plot next week. Husband traveling but wife still staying home so we will go to the garden plot together (it is rather isolated) since that will be safer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary- DS2 is a sophomore and is doing very well. He goes to Summer college to get ahead and lighten his load for Fall.

Dlrcpa- That's so nice of your neighbor and it sounds like fun to go to the garden with her.

Peg- I think it's great when we know when our body can and can't do something or when something isn't right. When I'm not feeling well, I usually keep going as things won't get done. But sometimes, my body will stop me in my tracks. And I just have to accept that and eventually, I will get back up and running..... Just not yet...

Slowly cleaning the house. My bathroom is nearly done and then on to the closet and dresser and hope chest. I have the phone number to the charity that picks up donations and they will hear from me in 2 weeks.

For dinner, I'll finish cooking the rest of the chorizo and make an omelet. I'll also make chicken & rice since my chicken is thawed. Everyone can have whichever they like.

I'll run to Target today to get those bath towels. The gym is nearby so I'll stop there as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big shopping trip was cut short yesterday since I started the day with a 30 minute stuck in an elevator. Made it to Kmart to use up my $25 gift card. 10 pairs of crew socks, large box denture cleaning tabs (I use to clean toilet), big dish soap, dandruff shampoo. They still have winter clothes on sale from last winter, even at $2 I did not see anything I wanted. Still have winter boots on sale too. I think it must be a front for the mob or something.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked up 2 brand new tomato cages at the dump. Also a small glass top end table to rehab for my mom. It just needed to be reglued, sanded, and painted. I did the gluing and sanding and got it primed, just have to paint. I have everything to do the project, so cost is zero, Mom gets a new plant stand, and a nice little table gets saved from the landfill.

Shopped local ads for groceries and saved a little there. We also found 8 oz pkgs of diced ham for .68/pkg so bought 3 cases, 36 pkgs. Regular price was $2.32 each. Since these are in cryo packaging, they will keep in the freezer at least 2 years and be useful for so many things, and convenient for camping. Very happy about this find.

Still working on basket covers for the former freezer baskets we use for pantry items in the camper. I'm sewing on large snaps now. All 16 of them were either bought from secondhand sources or salvaged from discarded clothing. Linings and facings are being made from ripstop nylon pieces already cut for another project, an awning room for the motorhome we sold, so the room is not needed. It's good to be using up this stuff.