2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 61
Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Josantoro—Really curious about the denture cleaners. Do they work better than other type toilet cleaners?

Taking Gdaughter to get a mani-pedi and then to buy DH a birthday present as his birthday is Monday and I will be rehearsing. Going to the theatre tonight to see James and the Giant Peach. First time for Gdaughter to see a live performance. She’s been around theatre so much since she’s been here that I hope the bug bites her.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks like it will be warming up again today. Got some sewing to start on, then a free lecture at the community garden, before going across town to meet DH and his family for lunch. Going to be busy.

No idea what dinner will be, very likely at a restaurant with family. Haven't received grocery ads for this weekend, probably won't need to shop for a few days anyway since it looks like we are all invited to a cookout tomorrow evening.

Need to call and get the car in for annual inspection and a new windshield.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought 4 more cases of the cheap ham pkgs. Some will be used for dog food, by mixing it 1:1 with more expensive ground turkey, which I'm running out of.

Finished the basket covers. I used mostly scrap fabrics, 2 remnants bought at SA, and snaps bought at GW or salvaged.

I used a scrap of lining and a scrap from the basket covers to make a couple pockets for Husby to use next to his bed in the camper. He needs a place to put his cell phone, charger, and ear buds at night. The pockets got stitched to a cloth flap that covers wiring in the camper. Total cost was nothing.

I've done about 25 large and small mods to the camper so far this year. For most, we have had what we needed without having to buy much, or anything. It's all making a huge difference in comfort and convenience. Most of it has been fun, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Frugal Challenge-20190726_121504_1564175241891.jpg  

2019 Frugal Challenge-20190726_141118_1564175482597.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

josantoro, stuck in an elevator?! Yikes, that is one of my fears.

Came home from work, cut the front property and it was so long since we didn't do it last week when it was in the 90's. Didn't feel like cooking after that so made a layered dip for dinner and we ate that with tortilla chips out on the back porch. We try to use the porch as much as possible in the summer and it's always nice to eat dinner out there and watch the deer and wild turkeys.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought ground beef on sale, had burgers for supper. I will take a leftover burger and split w/ dad tomorrow. I made pasta salad too, and a chocolate cake. My brother will get half the cake. Found $.36 while walking the dog this evening. Sunday I want to work on the yard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jo- What great deals you got! *Flash Mob* LOL

Spirit- How nice to find that table and finish it for your mom. I'm glad you're able to use the ripstop for other projects.

I cleaned the bathroom and moved on to the bedroom. I went through the closet and will donate a bag of clothing. I will store all of the heavy winter items to lighten up the look in there. DH had books under the bed so those got stored. Lots of hangers to store and will need to dust/windex in there. Then I'm done. Then I'll move on to the hall closet and DS2's room.

Made chorizo & eggs, applesauce muffins and cooked a bag of chicken carbonara for dinner.

We have a court hearing for the ex-tenants next week. We're trying to get $ for the damages that were done. I doubt they'll show but all of our paperwork has been organized and we blew up some photos of the damage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am dad-sitting today. I hope he is sleepy and I can do some paid work because I'll get OT for anything done today. Even 2-3 hours would be good at 1.5X regular rate. I'll take home more of brother's stuff to donate because the pick-up is Tues at my house. It is going to take forever to clear my parents' house out. I checked but the donation trucks don't come out to their zip code, it all has to be hauled out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ran errands to Target, Lowe's and Costco. DS2 wanted cornflakes from Target but I'll wait until my GC from Swagbucks arrives.

I'll make the citrus garlic chicken and chicken flavored rice for dinner.

I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime.

Dlr- I hope you were able to get some overtime while at your dad's place.

I've been working 3-5 extra hours/wk to help pay for my upcoming surgery. I called my insurance to confirm some things and it looks like one group is out of network but since they work at a in-network hospital and the patient doesn't have a choice for using this group, they are considered in-network. The caveat is that my claim may be denied and I'll have to file an appeal before insurance pays that bill. Another thing I found out was that my out of pocket maximum is a blend of pharmacy and medical. I was told that the out of pocket max is 1/3 of that total just for medical procedures...….Hmmmm….I've never heard of this but I certainly hope it's true!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I did work 4 hrs at dad's house (he was quiet and sleepy) so getting paid like 6 hrs.
    Found a dime while walking the dog this morning. Did I mention I found $.36 Friday night?
    Going to work in the yard this morning before it gets too hot. Later inside, will gather more things for donation pickup and try sewing a bit.
    I have chicken tenders to use for supper, salad, rice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

brought some stuff to a rummage sale yesterday and stayed to help them organize it. Got a straw hat, some shirts, some pants, stuffed animals that we give out to kids who come through the food shelf with their parents. Everything was free at the end. Also 4 DVD sets of "Last of the Summer Wine", my fav BritCom.

What a load of STUFF from this small town. Going back this afternoon to help them clean up. As a bonus, I put over 13K steps on my Fitbit, not even trying.

Also got a bunch of free books after the book sale, listed over a dozen on Amazon.

If you want to try the denture cleaner, you can get a small box at the dollar store for $1. It cleans even the parts you can't see. (fizzes).
    Make America Kind Again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not sure what today's plan is. May meet up with BIL and his wife for dinner, I don't know yet. We spent all yesterday afternoon at a big family&friends cookout. Recovering from too much of the wrong food today. Made a tabouli salad with fresh tomato, cucumber, and mint from the garden. Bought some day old (marked down) cooked chicken from the grocery deli this morning. Will be a nice easy lunch.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been a long week. I've been working extra hours do I don't need to use a sick day on Thursday when we head back to Texas.

Yesterday I cook lasagna in the sun oven. I made the sauce using garden tomatoes, garlic and onion. I used yellow squash and zucchini from the garden instead of noodles.

today I used the last of my foraged blackberries in a cobbler and it's in the sun oven. I'm trying to keep the heat out of the house and as a bonus it saves on the gas bill. I also took a bag of strawberries out of the freezer and turned them into jam, 6 pints worth. Picked a few more tomatoes from the garden and thinking about picking another watermelon. The tomatoes sure have slowed down production due to the heat. I'm hoping the cooler weather last week will make a difference.

This weekend I've used from the freezer; last of bags of shredded cheese, a bag of string cheese, last of the foraged blackberries, gallon bag of strawberries, a container of lo gumbo and lo vegetable soup.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4 hours of weeding this morning and 2 cans full of weeds. I was too tired to accomplish much else. Did 1 load laundry, a little sewing. I rolled coins, I have almost $70 to take to the bank. Hubby is making Chinese with the chicken.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After years of searching, I finally found a salt free Montreal steak seasoning we like. It's made with spices I always have on hand, so nothing special to buy, and DIYing it is almost free. I think the store variety is at least $3 for a small bottle now. Lucky me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$3 for the store seasoning should be $2. Stupid fingers. Still a good savings.