2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 65
Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know how expensive lumber is, but since it's pretty permanent I would not begrudge the cost. Plus looks like a good place to hang laundry to dry....

It rained hard just now, hopefully some soaked in and not all runoff. More leftovers tonight. Thursday I will put chicken legs and BBQ sauce in the crock pot. I have a table runner to sew and 1 more hour of "Home Fires" DVD to watch. Undecided whether I like this book or just want to return to the library, not really what I was expecting.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ld-on-a-monday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't worry about the cost of lumber especially on these small projects, but I love to save a few bucks, too. And use up stuff. And reduce waste at the dump. I hate seeing good stuff just thrown away. I don't salvage everything, just stuff I think we will have a need for in the reasonably near future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made chicken legs w/ BBQ sauce in the crock pot. Leftovers to dad and brother on Saturday. I declared Friday "work from home" day. We got our reviews recently and everyone is in a bad mood, so a lot of griping and not much getting done in the office. Surprise, surprise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked from home saving 1.5-2 hours of wasted traffic time. I did go to the library to return DVDs and pick up 2 books. Lots of leftover chicken to take to dad's house tomorrow. Sunday weather may be good for yard work. Still 1 weedy area I would like to get cleared.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent most of the day driving round doing small errands. Need to put gas in the car, I see the price is dropping so it's a good time to fill up. Had leftovers for dinner. Tomorrow and Sunday are both potluck nights with different groups of friends, so not cooking then either. Will put together a couple easy salads. Nobody wants hot food anyway.

DH's office chair broke. The metal spindle that holds it up snapped right in two. So, furniture shopping in our future. He knows the drill, get online and find the best chair at the best price. Not driving from store to store in the summer heat.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looking at those muffins reminded me I have a container of blueberries in the frig....going make them in the morning....thanks...
    My friend who doesn't know how to cook gave me two whole chickens to cook for her....going to put them in the crock pots and go with it...
    Had friend over for lunch this week and gave her a bunch of placemats and tablecloths....I have a ton...another young mom is coming tomorrow and I have a ton to give her also...slowly cleaning out....I don't cook and have company like I use to...my daughter doesn't even have a table....she doesn't want to be like me ….
    Had leftover pork roast for dinner....won't be doing any cooking over the weekend other then the crockpot chicken for my friend.
    Been really hot here....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I baked cookies from a mix at dad's. I could probably make my own mixes in a jar easily enough. Placed Target pantry order for staples. Need to buy gas on the way home, it is cheaper here than home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purchased a tablecloth from ebay. Trying to find a oval cloth made of cotton is tricky. And the prices have gone up a lot on ebay!

We received the correct door that we needed. I ordered it correctly but the company sent the wrong size. It will get installed today. I'll finish painting and redo grout another day.

I got loss leaders ta the store. DS2 will be eating more when college starts back up and cereal and snacks will go fast.

Surgery is this week. I hope my sis can make it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going to try and figure out the menu plan this morning. I spent a LOT last week and we didn't eat much, and I picked up a few more things yesterday. So fridge and pantry are full and I want to use it. Have to come up with something for a potluck dinner tonight without making another trip to the grocery store. Someone is bringing meatloaf, and someone is bringing corn casserole, so I probably need to keep it light.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 bean salad and deviled eggs are my usual go-tos - or bake dessert. Fruit salad?
    Nice weather so I spent 3+ hours in the yard. Hubby stacked logs from the trees that were cut down several months ago. Yard looks good now. I never had time for flowers or ornamental stuff but weeds are gone and pruning got done so it is tidy. Rest of the day is laundry and low-energy chores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I found a bag of broccoli-kale salad we hadn't opened yet, and decided to take that. Glad I did, it was the only vegetable in a sea of pasta salad, quinoa salad, rice, bread, gratin potatoes, corn casserole, meatloaf and pie. Much too heavy for August, IMO, but good food all around.

Weather was good here, too. I spent 2.5 hours doing dance rehearsals outdoors. I think I got a bit of color on my arms.

Tomorrow I need to take the tax papers and go renew DH's car.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I puree'd the remainder of the black beans into a dip similar to refried beans. Tastes pretty good, so I have 2 ways to use them in the future. I think there's another pint container in the freezer. I have 2 lbs of dry pintos and 1 lb split peas coming in the Target order. There is also a 6-pack of Ramen-type noodles/soup for about $1.40. My brother says I paid too much for that...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A man that bought tomatoes from me Saturday at the farmers market and brought back bruchetta about an hour later. It was so good, that is what I am having for dinner tonight with a salad. I had about 30 tomatoes left over so I am saving a few for the week, and the rest will be turned in to pasta sauce tonight.

I need to weed. I mean I really need to weed. Not only the flower beds but also the veggie gardens. The only thing that is really growing right now is the eggplant, okra and red/green peppers. The tomatoes have some flowers and the squash looks like it may start up again. I need to start seeds for the winter crops. Im going to try broccoli, cauliflower, rhubarb and the brussel sprouts already have small pea size buds on them.

As much as I hate to do it, I have to fire the lawn guy I just hired. I cant be here to supervise him, and shouldn't have to, but he doesn't weedwhack and misses half the yard it seems. Tonight I am going to try to figure out how to wind string for my weed whacker and do his job ...... again. I told him about it last time he was here, and he a half job only hitting the places that I specifically mentioned to him. It just isn't rocket science, and so frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck with the yard. The mosquitoes are terrible here. In the morning, not as bad. I would love to sit outside on the deck or patio but really concerned about all the viruses transmitted by the mosquitoes. Just walking the dog in the afternoon and evening gets me several bites every time. I don't want to walk around constantly doused in bug spray. They even bite through clothing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I’ve been so busy and it’s so hot here. I had an encounter with a wasp on Saturday that sent me to the hospital, but I’m fine now. My okra is coming on and the figs are ripening, so canning is in my near future. Not doing much today until rehearsal tonight.