2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 66
Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976 ... LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The cat goes for her allergy shot and vet visit today, if I can find her. She knows. After that I hope to get to Joann's for a very specific color of thread, and maybe lunch or a snack while I'm out. My fav pizza place is having a special....

Tilapia with broccoli for supper.

Sorry to hear about the wasp sting, GB. We seem to have more than usual this year.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB those wasps can be mean...glad you got it taken care of...…..the heat is horrific....101 for the past few days.....too hot to do anything...

Leftovers for dinner tonite….

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I declared another work-at-home day Wednesday. Too many interruptions and complaining going on in the office, impossible to accomplish much. Some idiot flipped his car over on my route home last night so it took double the usual 45 minutes to get home. I will be really glad when I can stop working. Hot and humid here. There is leftover BBQ chicken but I don't know if hubby is willing to eat that for supper, he dislikes leftovers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very spendy day yesterday. Doc appt (at least that was free), then went to dollar store and WM, Home Depot - got an orchid for friend's birthday, potting soil, fertilizer spikes. Couldn't resist cherries in the grocery - only $4 a pound but wound up spending over $9!! Worth it though, they are so good, shared with friend/neighbor on the deck last night.

Then took another friend to lunch at the Chinese buffet.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Milk I purchased yesterday was opened so had to take back to store....then the ribs I got out of freezer smelled funny so I spent the day returning.....ran to Aldi's to pick up some nuts and cheese snack they had....I find if I eat one of those for lunch my weight does better....it was only 99 here today but ozone very high so didn't stay out too long....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bookworm, how frustrating to have to return food. And they always try to blame you for it.

It is cool and breezy here. Was 67 this morning, hard to believe it is the middle of summer. We should be baking, but I'm not complaining. We are going out to the city cultural festival this evening and it should be beautiful weather.

We heard thunder all night but it doesn't look like we got much rain. I will need to water again this week.

I am also going to a free presentation on cooking with summer vegetables being held at our community garden. They have a new girl doing it, so there will be some fresh recipes. I'm going to take some of my little tomatoes to share.

I think I have just about enough time to look through the grocery ads before that starts.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have to be careful about food packaging that's been opened. There's a fad lately where people will open pkgs and then lick the food, put the lid back on, and put it back on the store shelf. They have a friend record the crime (yes, it's a crime, tampering with food) and then they post to social media to share their big accomplishment. I saw one where the woman opened mouthwash, took a swig, rinsed her mouth, then spit it back in the bottle and put it back on the shelf. Wow, so impressive, right? I guess they're too stupid to develop real hobbies. Saw another one where someone opened an ice cream carton, took a big disgusting lick, and put it back. Of course, they think they're hilarious. SMDH. ☹️

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used to work in retail. Product tampering is nothing new. They're just recording themselves and posting to social media now. Used to be that people were not aware of it happening (unless you worked in the store and saw it every day), now it makes the news. Does anyone remember why Tylenol put tamper evident seals on their bottles?

Had lunch at the community garden. Tomato salad, cucumber salad, succotash with corn, beans, squash, etc, asian eggplant stir fry, "guacamole" made with zucchini, and more. Everything fresh picked, and sooo good. I even ate a piece of okra and didn't gag, though I didn't go back for seconds. Was able to talk with other gardeners about what is growing well this year and what is not. It's very irregular around town.

Looks like we are getting a 2nd round of storms late tonight. Hope we get rain for the garden.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dismantled the old sofa cushion and cut a piece of padding for the crate seat, squared off the fabric I'm using to cover. Need to find the staple gun and extra pair of hands (if hubby is available later.) I'll remove & save the long zipper from the cushion. Upholstery fabric is not worth saving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Returning is a pain...but had no problems....I got to Aldi's quite often so the milk wasn't a problem....the ribs I only went to that store as I had a $3 off coupon....and have to admit since I didn't have my receipt I didn't mention the coupon....it would have just caused problems with the return. Today I had to go back to Aldi's AGAIN, different store, because I purchased a goat cheese log and the sign said $1.99 and they changed me $3.99....I went back today and took picture of the sign and they gave me back my $2....had to pick up a script right across the street so it wasn't out of my way.

Ran to Kroger and got 4 lbs. of frozen shrimp, cheese, and juice that was on sale today and tomorrow. So, wasn't a thrifty day...the shrimp was on sale for $4.77 a pound, sold in two lb. packages...cheese was .99 a package and juice was 12 pack for $3.99...

People messing with food is a big thing and in fact, someone took a bite of Blue Bell ice cream at a Kroger's store around the corner....Not the Kroger's I go to...just don't like the surroundings at that one...People really need to get a life...saw on the news some lady peed on the potatoes!!! That I don't understand....had a guy at the 99 cent store light the bread on fire a few months ago...(they knew who he was and he is mentally ill)…..strange people....

CH your lunch sounds delicious....nothing like fresh veggies....I can't do okra either....

Stopped at Walgreens for scripts and got 3 tubes of Crest and was suppose to get $7 register rewards back but it didn't print so I have been on the phone trying to get my $7....had coupons also so when I get my $7, it would be free....I may just take it back and have them rering it....dealing with the Catalina department is a pain...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am at dad's today. Menu today is HB eggs, potato salad, and applesauce cake. There are chicken nuggets in the freezer but I think he will be happy with what I plan. I started sewing a simple top last night, brought it here to do the hand hemming. Sewing machine was acting up last night so did not get as far as I would have liked. I can probably finish it Sunday. Need to groom niece's dog, she looks a mess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

when you think people can't be more stupid they prove you wrong. like why would think it was ok to lick things people are buying. hope everyone is ok. we got back from our trip yesterday still jet lagged. got chinese food yesterday so made some rice in the rice cooker to go with the leftovers today. ds is away so it lasts a lot longer. we went to michaels to use 45% off coupons got new yarn and clearance yarn plus 80% off gnome for the front planter. was up very early so just doing laundry. dh had cleaned the house before I got home so doesn't need cleaning. tub does but ds can do it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did a bit of grocery shopping this morning, threw together a fruit salad, and spent the afternoon with friends. It was a potluck lunch. For dinner I raided the vegetable drawer and chopped up onions and garlic from the garden, some yellow squash, mushrooms, a couple ears of corn, tomatoes and basil from the garden, and tossed in a can of black eyed peas. It was kind of like succotash. Toasted some leftover french bread I had in the freezer. DH doesn't like food all mixed together, but he went back for seconds. We have leftovers for tomorrow or a work lunch next week.

This week is going to be a lot of leftovers and eating up what we have in the fridge before we go on vacation.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shopped 1 grocery store this morning. Probably go to 2nd store mid-week. Going to make and freeze 2 meatloaf, maybe some cookie dough. Used almost all HM cake mix yesterday so make another batch. It makes a good basic cake and my brother is not picky.

SD - Leo Kottke (Minnesotan) is playing locally in November, I am driving to the box office today to get tickets. Basic ticket cost OK but ordering by internet was $13.50/ticket surcharge - robbery!!!! I had most of his records as LP. Going to see if I can get CDs relatively inexpensive.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Planning a nice quiet day at home. One of the local stores has eggs for .49 this week, want to get a couple dozen, so I will probably end up going out. DH ate the last of the cereal last night, too. And we're about out of cat food. Need to stop thinking about it or I will just come up with more stuff to buy, LOL!

Quilt guild meets tomorrow for a sewing bee. Taking quilt blocks I finished in January so it can get assembled. Their space is nice and big so I can lay everything out on the clean floor. My New Year's Resolution is not "what will I do better next year" but "what will I get finished before the end of this year". Going to get everything packed today so I can just run out the door in the morning.

Dinner is going to be pork chops BIL left behind a few weeks ago (frozen), the salad we have left from last week, and some leftover melon. I already made DH's lunch for tomorrow, a sandwich with the last of the sliced turkey, cheese, and some leftover mini sandwich rolls I had in the freezer.

Use it up, Wear it out,