2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 67
Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1200
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we went to see hobbs and shaw movie fun action flick. just dh and me. $80 at safeway too for wants and needs. ice cream on sale lol chicken thighs were on special so got 2 packs for the freezer. 1.99 a lb cheap here. plus frozen shrimp and sauce. was up really early so lazy day. sprinkler day so did the front. sun has come out so tomorrow I will put out the backpacks and suitcases to air out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took three of the four grandsons out to dinner....oldest brought his girlfriend and we had a great time....it wasn't cheap but it doesn't matter....we were together and had lots of laughs....I got two five dollar meals before we left so we have dinner for tomorrow nite also....it's been too hot to cook....

I won a living room chair in an auction....it was not a cheap chair but I got it for $4!!!! We were blessed that they brought it downstairs for us and carried it to the truck...we are getting up there in age so we were so thankful. My grandson loves it....sent me a picture with him relaxing in it.....It's a chair and half...really nice....

Hopefully this will be an easy week...lab work on Thursday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammar- So glad you're ok from that sting! Yikes! Hope you had an EpiPen or something that can help with that type of reaction. That's a very serious thing.

I had a tumor removed from my neck and am doing ok now. My throat is quite sore from the tube that was put in there and labwork will be done this week and in the next couple of months to see how things are going. The surgeon said the scar was placed in a crease in my neck so it shouldn't show. Any ideas on reducing the scar? Maybe cocoa butter once the bandages are removed would help?

School is in session and the traffic is back to its normal wacky routine. The store has been very busy.

I need to see a podiatrist as I have a lump on the bottom of my foot and it's painful. It's under the skin and not like you can see it, but it can be felt. I put cushion gel soles in my sneakers and it helps a bit. I looked up online what it could be and it looks like metatarsalgia.

DH and DS2 went for a drive to get peaches since they're in season. They're almost gone and DS2 wants to take another trip for more. I ate 2 today and must say, they're extremely tasty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ glad to hear the surgery got done. You could probably use make-up on the scar later if you feel it's necessary.
    It's hot & uncomfortable here. School starts in another week I think then the traffic will be horrible again, not looking forward to it. May try to work extra hours in the evenings this week since the weather is so poor. They say thunderstorms Tues-Thurs.
    Leftovers for supper, dog club meeting tonight. I would rather be sewing.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, there are scar reduction creams. A friend of mine had knee and ankle surgery and his wife rubbed this cream on his scars and said it helped reduce the appearance of the scars quite a bit. I hope that scar heals up nice and clean, and soon. I hope you do not have metatarsalgia, because that can be very serious. It is why I had foot surgery 2 years ago, and had the affected bones removed. I'm wishing you a neuroma, or a pinched nerve which will go away in a few weeks if you rest.

School here started last week. Last year the buses would idle in front of my house before going over to the school. I hope that does not happen this year.

Supposed to get hot hot hot this week. End of summer is always like this. Hope the tomatoes get a lot of sun and start ripening. Heat advisory in effect most of the week.

Quilt guild sewing bee started an hour ago. Need to get my crap together and get moving.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

got first full night of sleep. so extra tired lol popped an allergy pill too. went to ihop w friend gave her gifts I bought back. one since we are frugal and practical...special bar soap like sunlight dutch version for stains. library and to grocery store there because chips on sale 4 for $5 so stocked up for the boys. store brand is really good and not on good sale for a while. lots of dvds on hold because my holds are active again. leftovers for dinner or the defrosted chicken soup or hotdogs they can figure it out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Work from home day again. Terrible weather for the rest of the week, hot & storms. Glad I am not driving today at least. I have 1 armhole binding left to sew on the top so I expect to finish tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Planning a lazy day at home today. Supposed to be very hot, with oppressive humidity and a heat advisory. I already have a headache. Have some minor house work, some packing for our trip next week, and some sewing to do.

Leftover chicken, salad, and stuffed potatoes for dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made ranch chicken and pumpkin pie today. Also did some paint-on grout in the shower and will finish tomorrow.

I've been extremely tired again and not sure why. I'll have bloodwork done tomorrow and will see MD next week. I felt better after surgery but am now exhausted again. Not sure what's causing it and chest pain.

I'll do some weed pulling and hedge trimming this weekend. Some plants are sprouting all over the ground and I like space between the ground and about a foot above the ground under the plants. So, I'll need to pull/cut those sprouts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dropped things off at the recycling station and thrift store yesterday. I’m gonna fold laundry and vacuum today. Having dinner with my mom and brother tonight.

I’m really sorry you have to deal with Donald Trump on a daily basis. He’s throwing a tantrum like a kid who can’t have a new shiny toy because Greenland isn’t for sale. Seriously?! First of all people isn’t for sale and selling it isn’t even possible. Greenland is autonomous, and the law clearly states only the Greenlandic people can decide if they no longer wants to be part of the Kingdom of Denmark.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a lot of idiot politicians, it's almost a job prerequisite.

DH dodged a bullet (metaphorically speaking) yesterday. They called everyone into a big meeting at noon and announced layoffs. Said that the company might lose a lot of business next year so they were tightening up. But DH's department is considered "critical" so no cuts were made there. Whew!

Been listening to thunder for ~8 hours and we're just getting sprinkles. I want a good rain!

Feeling like crap this morning, only got 2 hours sleep last night, don't know why. Skipping yoga and dance class because the ankle I twisted on Friday is still tender. Don't want to risk making it worse right before vacation. Probably going to stay in and sew.

Leftover italian sausage, maybe pasta, and salad for dinner.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for your kind words, Tine. We can only hope the massive damage to our important alliances around the world can be healed once we get sane people back in charge. On the plus side, we've seen a lot of footage of Greenland lately. We never realized how beautiful it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0Contrary- So glad your DH was not on the layoff list...wow

DS2 needs college books. The search was on for them and does he want a rental or physical book? Physical book. . I looked high and low and it came down to 2 choices- pay $30 more but the new book has e-access card OR get a new book that has the company selling it saying it can't guarantee the access card....But it's supposed to be new..... Anywho, I paid the extra since it will have the access card...I can't take chances. The college bookstore was sold out, of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cooling off for a few days. Friday supper looks like pasta and leftover hamburgers. I'll make extra pasta for salad & bake a cake to take to dad & brother. I had hubby cook extra chicken on the grill tonight also. I bought hot dogs & buns for dad on Saturday. Dad is 90 so I feed him all kinds of bad food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My brother wanted to move back to Copenhagen as soon as possible and just got an apartment in his favorite neighborhood. I want the apartment he currently lives in, if I can bring my cat. My brother knows one of the guys from the rental company, so we hope they’ll agree to it.

I’m having my hair cut short today. A year ago it was halfway down my back, I had it cut to my shoulders in spring, and now I’m going for a jaw length bob. Gonna be strange.