2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 68
Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1194
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS2 told me he needs the access card for his book. I figured he would. so I'm glad I got one with it. whew

We found a renter for the condo that we were updating. She moves in today and I hope it all works out.

I'm feeling better since the surgery. This morning, I feel pretty energetic and never thought I'd ever feel that way again. I was so exhausted all the time. I had to force myself to do things and just get moving. Wow

Have a meeting today. The HOA board will be discussing landscaping, so I printed paperwork re: sod. There's an area tgat won't grow grass so sod or turf may be an answer. I think we need someone to assess it first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro, happy to hear that you are feeling better after your surgery! That has got to be great to have energy again.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went out Monday and bought 2 pair of new jeans, on clearance. Not a great deal, but cheaper than the "sale" price and much less than retail. Both fit at the waist but were much too long. Just finished shortening them. Even used the orange thread. You can't tell except for one leg where the bobbin tension was a little off. Still, nobody is going to be down on the floor inspecting my ankles. Also picked up a cute new tee shirt for $2.50. What a steal!

Leftover frozen empanadas and L/O salad for dinner. May make some rice and beans to go with it. I can freeze leftover rice for later if there is too much.

Leftovers for lunch tomorrow, then we have a potluck gathering with friends in the evening. Or maybe the other way around. I'm taking a salad with garden tomatoes.

Rujerro, glad you are doing better. I know that exhausted-all-the-time feeling. Hope your incision heals up fast and clean.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Managed 2 weeks between filling the gas tank. Also testing the range on the car, it is under 500 miles, I was on the last 1/8 mark, kind of just wanted to know. Gas is $.30/gal cheaper near dad's house so I try to buy there. Cheap lunch of hot dogs. I brought 1/2 homemade cake, used canned frosting but 1 can frosts 2 9X13 cakes so only about $.70/cake. Weather is nice thru Sunday, not sure what next week will be.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Surgery went well and DH is on the road to recovery. We don't go back to Texas until mid October.

Looked at the CC bill today and I was expecting it to be high due to the 3 trips to Texas - Wrong! It was $500 lower than it normally is. WTH?!? I guess I need to do a better job of monitoring of my spending.

Been eating at home/our friends house while in Texas, No extra driving and only spend this week was a few groceries to get thru the week (hubby wasn't allowed to drive until Friday), and a new high dollar extension cord to plug in the camper ($100). Other one was low amperage and ended up with a burnt plug - glad that's all that happened.

Not smoke free yet but we are smoking a lot less. I was 10-13 and now 2 a day. Hubby was 30-40 a day and now at 10. We are in a free stop smoking program thru MD Anderson. Hubby is on a medicine and I'm doing patches. It's all free and they call each of us weekly to see how we are doing. I'm shocked that hubby is still on the program. I though for sure he would go back to smoking after surgery - Very proud of him.

I increased my 401k amount today by 3%. My return rate has been 19.5% for the year and I thought that was way better than paying extra on the Ohio house at 6%. My plan is by April 2020 to max the 401k with catch-up and then pay off the Ohio House, which is down to $6,580. Don't know if it will happen that way but at least I have a plan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you two for getting on a plan to quit smoking. That's great that they follow up with you each week to help positively reinforce the new behaviors. Glad to hear your DH is recovering, and smoke-free too. That will make a big difference.

DH is in a mood. He's trying to do laundry and prep for our trip and the washer is broken. He's tried a few things from helpful web sites but can't get it working. It's only ~20 years old. Major appliances always break at the most inconvenient times. Well, I suppose there is no good time to have a washing machine break. Will call for a repairman tomorrow, and have them come Monday so we don't get charged the "special" weekend rate.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL that is good news and I hope everything keeps going well.
    Looking forward to Sunday off, I need a break. Did some cleaning at dad's house and emptied his PJ drawer because he doesn't wear them, he is put to bed in Depends and a t-shirt only. 1 pair is size L and should fit my husband. The rest are probably cleaning rags. I will save all the buttons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL- So glad your DH is doing well after surgery. I'm happy that you're on a cessation program and wish you and DH all the best to your health!

My SIL and BIL quit smoking to figure out how much $ was spent per year. Now, this was 12 years ago, so I'm sure prices have gone up..But, it came to $4,000. SIL said they could take a vacation.

I spent part of the evening pulling/weeds/grass and clipping suckers/dead branches from the front yard. I'll finish tomorrow and attempt the backyard. One lilac is leaning, on the ground, all over the rock garden. I have to figure out how to clip it.

Yesterday, we finished the grout/cleaning/plumbing in the rental with an hour to spare. Honestly, I thought we wouldn't have a tenant until next month since we had updating to do. But I did a lot of advertising and contacted people who might be interested, so it worked out quicker than anticipated.

DS2 has a cold of some sort, fever, coughing, sore throat. He refuses to take pain meds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL great news about your husband. Hope he continues to do well....and congrats on trying to quit smoking....you will get there....
    CH it might be cheaper to buy a new washer then getting it fixed....
    Ran to Kroger and got 4 packages of Oreo's an apple fritter and a package of Tide pods for $4.31.
    Picked up an antique cabinet that I won in auction for $3.00..needs a little tlc but it's really nice....grandson doesn't want it so I need to find a place for it in my little house....
    I ran to Dirt Cheap the other day and got a bunch of things for my shoeboxes for 10 cents each and flip flops for .50 cents..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been to the grocery store. Supper looks like HM pepperoni pizza. Working on various sewing projects. Weather is nice, I will pick up branches from all over the yard. Deer ate a bunch of hosta tops along the side. Not sure whether to cut the stalks down or if that will be harmful. They don't look nice right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro glad your surgery went well and you are seeing results fast! LL good for you guys! I know a pack of cigs start at about 12 bucks here now.

being lazy here. lots of dvds from library. both of us not feeling great. was going to go shopping in states yesterday but border wait was nuts everyone had same idea so renewed costco membership and shopped there. mostly stuff for lunches. got my yearly calendar and movie tickets since it is cheaper there. we cleaned up the garden a bit, and basement getting stuff put away.

end of summer sale going on at fabric store ..last day of extra 10% off. dinner is out of the fridge. lots of options and veggies to use up. weather is lovely feel like should be out there but nope. need to run the dishwasher too. all the teen attitudes and cat have settled down mostly. so peaceful lol catnip helps too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Raining here. Good for the garden, but it means DH can't mow and the grass is only getting taller. I thought I'd give the washer a go. Found several generic repair videos online. The problem is likely to be a plugged hose, easy to fix. After a while I figured out the top doesn't open up like many models do, so the only access to the innards is through the back. That means moving the dryer out of the way and then moving a washer full of water to get to the back panel. Nope. This is what we pay other people to do. Made a call and have a service person coming tomorrow afternoon.

Leftovers for dinner. Still have fried rice and salad in the fridge. Found some leftover chicken in the freezer. DH can have a salad for lunch tomorrow, too.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL - Good luck on the quitting smoking. I stopped about 13 years ago and it is probably the single greatest
    gift i ever gave myself. Sounds like you and husband are on your way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary- How is the washer after the repairman came to visit? We've had our washer/dryer set for 18 years and they show some cracking in the machines but apparently, nothing to worry about or repairman would tell us....I think...They have both been repaired due to heating element not working on one and washer leaking... We thought of getting new ones but they are way too expensive. Besides, I'm kinda attached to these. Not sure why.

Busy day at work....Wow. School is in session for sure.

I hope to make chicken parm for dinner.
    My niece's bday is coming up. I'm sending her a GC to Ulta since she's into makeup.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In and out right now due to my production. Busy day ahead. Going to get back to walking 3 miles, have to stop by the theatre and leave my set model, then on to work in the costume room as we have just moved to a new location and are culling and organizing. Rehearsal tonight and have chicken to cook for dinner. It’s suppose to be 108 here today. I learned to crochet, so I’ve been practicing. Been pickling okra and mad cinnamon cranberry pear jam. Got the pears from my neighbors tree as she doesn’t use them.