2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 69
Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1614
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, repairman comes this afternoon. I hope it's a quick fix, we leave for vacation in 48 hours and don't have time for this. DH can't pack until he does laundry.

Pouring rain, lot of thunder today. So much for getting the yard mowed. On the other hand we have never seen an August lawn so green. All the ripe tomatoes are getting knocked off, but we are sick of eating them. I will have a lot of volunteer plants next year. It is cold today, 67F this morning, definitely feels like fall is coming early. We usually don't get the downturn in temps until mid-Sept.

I've got to pop out to the PO and pick up a prescription today, and then start packing while I wait for the repairman.

Dinner, who knows? DH wanted to go out for chicken last night. There's a few leftovers, bits of this-n-that. I think there is enough salad left for one meal. I will be doing a fridge clean out today or tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walked my 3miles. Then on to the theatre and finally to costume room to work a couple of hours. Dinner tonight will be chicken and rice and steamed veggies. I’m tired but I have a rehearsal tonight.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Washer fixed. Bad lid switch. Was a 15 minute fix and he showed me how to get the shell open so I can get into it next time something happens. Going to run an empty load with vinegar to get rid of any mildew.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walked my 3miles. Then on to the theatre and finally to costume room to work a couple of hours. Dinner tonight will be chicken and rice and steamed veggies. I’m tired but I have a rehearsal tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Have the windows open for the first time in months. 70's today, dropping to mid 50's tonight! DH will finally be able to mow the lawn.

I'm almost completely packed. DH has clean laundry. The car is serviced and gassed up. The weather tomorrow looks great.

Hope the storms clear up GB, I'm going to be in your area and I plan to spend some time by the pool this weekend!

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good it was an easy fix! have a good time on your vacation ch! sunny here all week up to 80 or 85 hot enough for me. not much motivation but getting things done... did a basic resume to send off to a couple of pt local jobs. went to library have lots of dvds and books now that were on hold. took my mom so went to grocery store another 89bucks. but at least stocked for hot weather more pop, ice cream on sale plus hotdogs buns, cat food, fruit, lunch meat etc. meeting a friend for breakfast tomorrow too. otherwise hiding out and just doing the basics.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary- So glad it was a fast fix. Have a safe trip and lots of end-of-summer fun.

Martha- Good luck on your job search!

Grammar- Sounds like the walking is going great! How do you feel?

Had a MD appt today...Bloodwork looks great and the tumor was causing me high BP! Today, BP was 119/65. Back to normal. I'll need more bloodwork for the 2 groups of docs each month. Maybe I can just get it done once and send a copy to the other group, hehe.

Made breaded chicken and rice for dinner. Bought a baguette too.

Chilly weather here. Storms rolling in and nights are in the 50's...

Watching Netflix tonight. We saw Ocean's 8 the other day and DS2 liked it. Tonight is Ocean's 13. Should be really good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ that is great your blood pressure went back to normal. Should make you feel better also.
    We got our "raises" info yesterday. New company decided to just give us cost-of-living adjustment, no real raises. Everyone disgusted, one woman went home crying (so I was told.) Will see what the attitude is today around the place. I am paid hourly and used the "Glassdoor" web site to check comparable, it indicates I am already paid fairly for the zip code I work in. So not raising a fuss since I plan to quit in January anyway.....

I have a couple of GCs that I may use on Labor Day Sale items, new casual shoes for one thing.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Organizing and picking up costumes and got to buy a new scale. Guess I blew mine up. Rehearsals are going good. I’m exhausted! Got to move my walk for later. Doing laundry and got to run to grocery store later. Meeting a friend for lunch. I’m keeping all the balls in the air at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH smoked a chicken for dinner. I'll use the rest of it for enchiladas tomorrow.

DS2 gave me a nasty cold. I couldn't sleep all night. Hot & cold and the usual drainage/sore throat. I kept getting up and moving around the house to sleep.

The DOT is ripping up the streets in the neighborhood and we can't park on them. Not sure for how long. They will start on our street today. I just hope I can get to work and everyone else can get there as well.

DS1 was telling me how he would like to move out and buy a property- not rent one. He feels that the longer he waits, the higher the cost. I said that's probably true. Just stay home and save your $ so you can put 20% down on a place. That will help lower the mortgage payments. He said that owning a home is expensive! It's not just the mortgage but the car insurance, gas, food and utilites...It costs a lot and then with medical bills if a hospital visit is needed....He said he doesn't think he'll ever be able to afford a home. I said that's why people get married or have roommates- to help pay bills..... I think he's really thinking about how hard it is for people to go out on their own if they want to live alone....Which, he does.....I'm glad he's trying to figure this out and I told him that in 2 years, he should be able to come up with 20%. He is a spender, so he will need to reign in that compulsion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks rujerro hope you feel better soon. yes you can't be a spender and home ownership too. applied at a couple of places. my resume is probably a little old fashioned and ageism of course will pay into it. people only get cost of living raises here for ages. they say 1% or 3% if you are in a union but cost of living is really more like 5% a year with everything going up.

was out with my friend at ihop when got the call from dh. mil had a massive stroke and was in hospital. she passed at 10 last night. we expected her to have a stroke one day but not so soon. she was doing good. she has had health problems for years like diabetes, weight hbp etc. so we are in shock. dh went to work for distraction. he can take time off but will later. have to find out some things like when her assisted living apt has to be cleared.

kids had last pet sitting duty so got them to go to library and the grocery store for milk too. threw out rest of pasta salad for crows. no one is big on it here. just the reg household duties dishwasher etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Marthamfi sorry for your loss....
    Rujjero it's really hard for young kids to get out on their own....rent is so expensive....my 21 year old grandson just moved into his apartment in June with a roommate. They are friends from high school and so far so good. He finally got a "real" job and is learning it's tough out there and you rent, electric, and car payment, insurance has to come first....I have been helping him out with food and paper products but I also do the same for the oldest one who just rented a house for himself and his gf and her little boy. I remember how tough it was to pay all the bills and still keep food on the table and the lights on.
    GB hope your play goes well.....be careful walking in this heat....I can only have 32 to 40 ozs of water a day so I stay out of the heat....
    Forgot to pick up my little boys shoes I won at an auction....hopefully they took them back to the auction house and I can pick up there. I'm one of their best customers...lol Wanted the shoes for my shoeboxes. Got five puzzles tonite.
    Ran to Kroger today and spent too much but found soup on clearance for .29 a can so got a dozen cans for the food pantry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha I'm sorry - that is a shock. I hope your DH is able to cope.
    Nice weather here and we were given the day off so I'll work in the yard, clean off the deck and spend some time out there. Saturday will be back at dad's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not feeling great but had to run and pick up my auction win.....the puzzles are great...there are 8 in one box and they have never been opened....I will cut the pictures out that goes with each puzzle and put in another ziplock bag....plus got four smaller ones...two never opened.....will do the same, cut out picture and put pieces in ziplock bags....easier to pack in a shoebox....if I leave in the box, it takes up too much space...…
    Hot again today.....not doing much....suppose to have someone coming to lunch on Tuesday but think I will cancel. I'm just not feeling it....hopefully the antibotics kick in soon....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks everyone. we are all in shock. he is meeting his sister this afternoon to go over things. we will really notice it soon. friend came over for coffee for a couple of hours today. yesterday took the kids to the angry birds 2 movie it was good. they are better then you think they would be. appeals to adults too. local theatre is having cheaper seats this weekend. housework decluttering etc. the usual
    going to michaels for sale and want to go to garden centre too.