2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my last day in RI. It is -4 here. I’ve enjoyed my time with my family. Just wished they lived closer. I am hoping to come back in April.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Peg. I've been working on bonnets today. I'm about half done. I'm hoping to finish tomorrow, and then I might take a break before starting on the pouches for the really tiny babies.

We're at +11 here, so it warmed up. Of course that means snow. Last I heard not more than 5 inches, so nothing major. Then it's back into the deep freeze for us. Yippee skippy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still very cold out, even with putting 2 sweaters on the little dog he only lasts outside 90 seconds. (if that) He and Beastie do what they have to do quickly and come right back in. Not even worth it for me to walk away from the door! Worked today and then stopped at a Christian bookstore to pick up a card for our pastor. We have been going to a new church for about a year now and just love it so wanted to let the pastor know we appreciate him. I have to scrounge something up for me for dinner. DH picked some roasted chicken at Kroger yesterday that was marked down so he will have that for dinner.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a blizzard warning now. Kids start school and I told DS2 that he cannot stand out there waiting for the bus. I will drive and turn around to sit near the bus stop. Better to stay in the car and wait. The bus driver said that when it snows, there is no set time that the bus will arrive- it gets there whenever..... Oh yay...…

I got chicken for $1.49/lb. Will make baked mushroom chicken for dinner. Maybe bread or focaccia.

I moved stuff in the basement so there's room for the treadmill I ordered...I'm so tempted to call for a donation pick up to get some stuff outta there. I'll keep asking everyone if they want/need that luggage carrier/empty boxes/books/ etc....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ru, what seems to work best for me is to gather up a bunch of stuff to get rid of and then have Husby pick out anything he wants to keep. Usually there's nothing. If I try to get him to sort, he can't part with anything.

Hope your storm is not too bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our flight to DFW was cancelled. Hope to go home tomorrow. Getting antsy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Thanks, Peg. I've been working on bonnets today. I'm about half done. I'm hoping to finish tomorrow, and then I might take a break before starting on the pouches for the really tiny babies.

We're at +11 here, so it warmed up. Of course that means snow. Last I heard not more than 5 inches, so nothing major. Then it's back into the deep freeze for us. Yippee skippy.

I was telling a friend yesterday about your angel gowns. She had a stillborn baby back about 1980 and her daughter had a stillborn one about 10yrs ago. both pass the 6mth mark. she said there was big difference between then and when it happened to her dd. the hospital had a gown for her , photographer came. very healing for them. so your gowns make a big difference. I did tell her that in england there is cold cots so you can take them home for a little while if you want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

raining here. cats of course not happy about it. was sunny.. don't think most of you want to hear that! our winters on our coast are usually mild esp this year. lots of rain though. ended up returning the tv colour sucked and got a new one 3x the price but 60" so dh is happy. don't buy tv's often so all good. his eyes going. got it at costco. so did a costco shop for somethings plus pants for ds and summer casual shoes for me. went for breakfast early special w friend and value village..got a couple things for gift box. new not used. crochet kit and bath set. grocery shopped again at different store frozen bread and desserts on sale. got to love after xmas sales and donations. errands to run libraries, guides tonight. learning about Italy for thinking day. using what we have cookies and sprinkles and got some icing to make cookie pizzas tonight. not sure what is for dinner tonight something easy boys may be going out for dinner with mil.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

forgot frugal things besides shopping sales etc had enough store card points to get 10 bucks off my groceries. dh signed up for executive membership for $15 extra for 2% back for what you buy at costco. so will get 50 bucks back off tv. so ahead already. using up a bunch of pantry and frozen stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad fainted and fell on the street and hit his head and whole body last week. He has a concussion and is very confused. I’ve spend a lot of time helping him out. Doing his laundry right now and helped him with some insurance stuff earlier today.

I have the day off from work tomorrow and have a dentist appointment in the morning.

The store where I work is having a graphic art exhibition this week as part of a festival in town. We got four large boxes with pictures, and I spend all day sorting through them and finding spots for those I liked. Think I picked about 30 pieces.

2019 Frugal Challenge-img_20190122_143357053.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine- So sorry to hear about your dad! Did he get to the hospital? My dad fell when he was walking to his bed- turned out to be a aneurysm. He was very confused and my sister called the ambulance.

Not working today so no $ going out.

The blizzard warning is over but it's very windy and snow. DS2 refused to wear his winter coat and we sat near the bus stop in the car. When the weather's bad, the buses are not on time. We've never been through this before, so we waited....The bus was early! I hope he wears that coat tomorrow and a hat at least.

Since I was awake, I made a pumpkin pie and am proofing the dough for focaccia. Will make dinner after my nap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, I hope your dad will be okay soon.

Martha, thanks for the feedback. I don't know anyone who lost a baby except my mom who almost lost me, and did lose a baby after me. She's 90 now and still gets emotional about it. If I can assist someone in getting through such a terrible experience and healing, I'm more than happy to do it. I just want to get better at it so I make nicer gowns.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, I hope your dad is doing better. That's scary, I know.

Been cold here (cold for Georgia, anyway) with lows in 20s and highs barely in 40s with lots of wind. DH had gone to our best friends' house last week to cut wood from an oak tree that had fallen so we've been enjoying our fireplace. Sunday night we made a pallet on the floor in front of the fireplace and we slept there with our granddaughter. Cheap and fun. Our granddaughter is only 14 months old but it was obvious she got a kick out of it.

Had to get some canned cat food and cat kibble today so went to a new pet store and got some good deals and excellent service. Found cat treats marked down to $1.47 from well over $3 so I got the last bag. I also treated myself to a $1 Coca-Cola at McDonald's. No more spending today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Day off, used up some aging cole slaw mix by saute-ing with peppers, onions, and carrots, and adding to rice. Enough for two meals. Did some more shoveling. Rescued a pretty sad looking Christmas cactus from late landlord's empty house next door. I'll try to bring it back to life.

two walks to PO, one walk to library. Hard to keep step count up in this cold weather but I can manage short walks. Selling lots of stuff on Ebay.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, how scary! Hope your dad recovers quickly. I'm sure he is appreciating all the help you are giving him.

Stopped at Costco after work and picked DH up some ski goggles. When he is snow blowing, the snow is always blowing back in his face and it's bad enough that he is usually doing this sometime between 3-5 am so it's dark and our driveway is about 250 feet long. I hated to spend the money but if it makes his time out there a little easier, so be it. He needs shoulder surgery so I could be the one out there doing it next. <insert scream> I have never used a snow blower in my life and ours is almost as big as me! That should be loads of fun if it comes to it.

I also ordered some dog tags online since they were on sale so I got 6 tags for $5.30. I like to have one on each collar because they are such a pain to switch out.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast