2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 70
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1200
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

went to a couple of flea markets and some yard sales today. They aren't what they used to be. I did get a few books, and some large pieces of quilt fabric for $1 each. Also a cool oversize tea cup, Chinese ware, for $1. I like using them instead of mugs, the tea cools off faster.

Most of the stuff for sale fell squarely into the "not even if it was free" category.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paid DS2's tuition for Fall semester. Hope he does well since most classes are easy for him. One class has a untraditional way of teaching that he's not used to and he is worried about the first test.

I found a scar cream and ordered it on Amazon. I hope it works.

Made asparagus/chicken/noodle skillet tonight. I guess I didn't make enough because the family had oven fried chicken afterwards. DH is making smoked pork tomorrow. He wants to make pork green chile with it in the crockpot. He got a verbal recipe from a friend at church since his is really good.

I got a vacuum from Target as mine keeps overheating every 10 minutes. I hope it doesn't arrive broken like the one from Walmart.

We have a appt next week with the bank to discuss a refi. I'm certain an appraiser will come out. I spent time tonight doing touch-up paint and dusting and vacuuming. I've never seen so much dust on things.... I worked on the stairs, dusting baseboards and removing fixtures and repainting shelving. I simply must look at every area with a keen eye because I look at it this way: I am trying to sell my home to someone who will put a value on it. There's a very dusty lamp above the staircase. The lamp has an open top with a lightbulb inside and the amount of dust in it is shameful. But because it is dangling above the staircase, the only way to get the dust out with a vacuum is to try to get a very long flexible hose and toss it into the lamp. Or (which is my preference) just not turn it on and hope for the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you and your loved ones are safe from the upcoming hurricane.

I can’t bring my cat if I want my brother’s apartment, so I’m staying where I am.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hot & humid outside so I'll be working on indoor projects - sort & file papers, sewing, laundry. I do need to shop for groceries, so I should plan a menu for the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

raining here, hoping to cut up a lot of fabric squares.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

should have known don't allow teen boys to organize or get details. long story short a 5 min drive to drop off turned into 20min pickup each way plus more. he wasn't happy. so too late to get in to a place w friends before it was full. so not meeting them. going to a cheap movie later instead. went to fair w friend yesterday. not frugal but fun. friend gave us a hydrangea bush to plant as a memory for mil.

using food from home. laundry cus cat peed on things. always housework of course. doing some organizing and decluttering. want to move some furniture downstairs too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had my Austin kids for the weekend. Everyone is gone and I washed sheets and put up 3 quarts of okra in the freezer. Relaxing and taking a breath to night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- What a kind gesture from your friend. How sweet.

Making cheese steaks for dinner from frozen steaks. Not sure if they're freezer burned but they don't look too bad.

Trying to deep clean and want to wash the garage floor. I asked DH what he wanted to do with the wood flooring in boxes out there and he got cranky. I said unless we have a plan for it, it needs to go. I asked DS1 if he could toss empty boxes that housed his electronics and have been laying around for years but he said he needed the boxes... : I can see this is going to be a big chore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking it easy today. Have to get air checked in my tires, but that’s it. Heavy rehearsal tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My brother and I did yard work at my mom’s house and had dinner with her yesterday.

A good friend is getting married on Saturday. I’m staying with her from Friday evening to teach them to dance the wedding waltz and help her with hair and makeup. She is getting married on top of the roof of a museum in the countryside.

2019 Frugal Challenge-225870_moesgaard-museum-visitaarhus1024.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ can you collapse the boxes?
    Tine - what a neat place, I sure hope the weather is nice.
    This is pretty much how I spent Sunday - Virginia Scottish Games "Dogs of Scotland" area letting everyone pet our dogs.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-dsc00332-2-prince-girl.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- Good idea on the boxes!I'll see what I can do. The pup in the photo is beautiful.

Tine- The museum is a great piece of architecture in itself! wow.

Well, I was supposed to wake up DS2 for the bus and didn't wake up. I guess I was in a deep sleep. DH came home and asked what time DS2 needs to catch the bus...He did catch the next one and made it there in time....I got him a R2D2 alarm clock many years ago but it chatters sporadically when the alarm is set and keeps DS2 awake....So, he refuses to use it. I asked if he wanted a different alarm clock but he doesn't. His phone doesn't have a alarm setting as it's nearly 12 years old....

I got my vacuum today from Target. I used the crevice tool to get into the deep corners of the stairs. Wow, what a difference.

Just about everyone in the house has caught some kind of bug. I'm almost over it and DS1 just got it. DS2 had it 2 weeks ago.

DS1 and I are buying DS2 a birthday gift and trying to figure out costs and such.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Martha- What a kind gesture from your friend. How sweet.

Making cheese steaks for dinner from frozen steaks. Not sure if they're freezer burned but they don't look too bad.

Trying to deep clean and want to wash the garage floor. I asked DH what he wanted to do with the wood flooring in boxes out there and he got cranky. I said unless we have a plan for it, it needs to go. I asked DS1 if he could toss empty boxes that housed his electronics and have been laying around for years but he said he needed the boxes... : I can see this is going to be a big chore.
    haha you are too nice ..those boxes would be gone. esp ds 1's I would just get rid of them. a funny my friend said she needs to see the garage that I supposedly have cluttered up so much according dh lol says she has heard of it so much. said come over when dh is not home and you will see ..not mine. but now maybe I should just take pics for her lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

maybe buy a new alarm for his birthday! had a job interview today so will see how it goes. nice place. went to dora movie and got groceries yesterday. today laundry dishes etc. tomorrow go over to mil's place to get personal stuff we want. more laundry. all the kids activities starting up again. cat peed on shoes again ..and again... think she realizes we are upset about mother in law.

dh went to the libraries for me. going out to breakfast w friends tomorrow. need a pedicure too so will see but not tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you get the job marthamfi…
    rujerro maybe set the alarm and put it in another room....or do you have Alexa or Google...ask them to wake you up....those two scare me....
    Had a friend for lunch. I cheated and ran to Chick fil la and got two market salads....got some spinach and dumped it all in a big salad bowl, added some more strawberries and blueberries....opened a container of tomato basil soup, threw some cheese rolls in the oven and called it a day.....had angel food cake and topped it with homemade peach jam that didn't jell and cool whip...easy lunch..
    She stayed for three hours....so I think she had a good time....we use to volunteer together and I like her better now that we are just friends.....
    Had the leftovers for dinner so it wasn't such a hard hit to the budget. Husband wasn't crazy about the salad but he ate the strawberries and blueberries and I made him a sandwich.
    Ran to Wags and picked up 8 packages of little bouncy balls for my shoeboxes...one larger ball and 8 smaller balls for .59 a package.
    My sister sent me 96 pencils and 14 little girls infant outfits. I will be sending those to hurricane relief. My heart goes out to all those who lost everything. Very sad....

Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 ... LastLast