2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 71
Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1614
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah, flattening boxes is a good idea. But with electronics, if it's been a couple years he doesn't NEED the boxes as it is too late for returns or exchanges. He only needs the reference booklet, if any, and any software CDs or licences that came in paper form. DH is bad about that, too.

Had my chemo yesterday and walked around the rest of the day like a zombie. Had to get groceries and at one point was so confused I didn't know where I was. Tired today and my arm hurts because they had to jab me a few times to find a vein.

Picked up 4 bags of bite sized candy bars yesterday 2/$1. DH will take them in to work for the lady who maintains the office candy bowl. DH is still sick and I've been feeding him lemon tea, home made juice with ginger, and making him gargle with salt water. He is working from home so not losing any pay.

Going to take it easy today, still have unpacking and laundry to do from our trip.

We're thinking of dumping the cable TV. Google just raised the price to $160/month which is just way too high for something we rarely use any more.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH hope you feel better.....I know it seems you start to feel better and then you have another treatment and you're right back there again, not feeling good....hang in there....there is a light at the end of tunnel....think positive...don't over-do....things can wait...take care of yourself...if the laundry doesn't get done....so what??? Tomorrow is another day....

Hope you DH feel better soon too....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ch hope you are feeling better! and your dh. $160 wow that is $$ of course ours has gone up and up .. on the list to get that lowered.
    I am a mean mom lol I am... I pay the mortgage they are going. I don't wanna or any lame excuse doesn't work for me. everyone tells me that I shouldn't expect teens to clean their rooms or not having a pile of dirty dishes. like no. not a neatkik but there are standards. was raised that way too.

cat peed on shoes a couple more times..sigh. we went to mil's place got stuff we wanted mostly stuff that we gave her in the past or our pictures. dvds like carol burnett show, carry on series etc. there are a lot to donate to the assisted home library for them. she liked all types of movies so there are westerns, war, adventure..walker texas ranger, musicals ...she couldn't work the dvd player well so stopped watching them. her wedding dress and veil not that anyone fits it..tiny back then lol but if dd decides she wants it in the future we can modify it. of course a mish mash of stuff everywhere. coins in pin box in sewing box, random coins in underwear drawer etc. known for that lol plus expired food. guess sil didn't clean out her kitchen well before she moved in because there was stuff a few years out of date. the winner nesquick 2007 lol beats the 10yr old jar of relish I found years ago. have sensitive system and i know mil didn't so always checked dates on things I ate there. a few upset systems taught me that one lol. dh says he never had a sensitive system until living with me for a few years lol

the neighbours dog was excited beside she thought mil came home. of course she doesn't understand why because of how sudden it was.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha, have your cat been to the vet? Peeing outside of the litter box can be a sign of a urinary infection.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- Yes, take it easy on yourself after chemo. Can grocery shopping be done online and have it delivered? I truly believe in that when it comes to illness, new baby, car in the shop, etc....

Martha- Expired foods can be quite terrible. I'm glad you're able to help out MIL with it. I think SIL should do that but if she isn't, I guess you're the chosen one.

Bills are heading my way. I got one for $768 for therapy and have to pay it and fill out a form for the insurance company to get 50% reimbursed. Then, another coming in at $350 for a MD. I can't wait for my surgery ones. I saw that my co-insurance max is $4000 and my out of pocket max is $6350 but have no idea where this will fall and how much I'll end up paying. And the co-insurance is not part of the out of pocket max..... It's so confusing.

I will try to make a dish called chicken David. I don't know who David is, but the recipe looked good. I'll post it if it comes out ok.

DH and I will be putting free plywood up in the attic so we can store stuff up there. I've never been up there as it's just a panel in the ceiling that gets pushed over. I understand it has slanted walls and 5 inches of dust and no lighting. We'll have to cut down the plywood to get it through the opening and then nail it into the beams. There isn't any lighting, so we'll need to bring flashlights. DH is NOT looking forward to this project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked pears this morning to make more cinnamon cranberry pear jam and more okra to pickle. Ironing and catching up at home before rehearsal tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ru, good luck with the attic project. Plan on throwing away clothes after working up there. I hope you don't find anything nasty.

GB, I can see tomatoes from my kitchen window, and peppers. Got to get out there soon. Wish someone would eat them besides me.

I am feeling better today. The brain fog is gone and last night DH rubbed out the sore muscles in my arm that cramped up during the infusion. Normally I wouldn't have gone grocery shopping after, but we were completely out of fresh food (milk and veg) after being away for 5 days and DH was home in bed. They wouldn't have let him in the clinic the way he was coughing and carrying on. DH seems to be feeling better, too, but still has a harsh cough.

Martha, that's a big job. I hope you're able to get stuff cleared without too much stress.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Tine View Post
    Martha, have your cat been to the vet? Peeing outside of the litter box can be a sign of a urinary infection.
    yes she has had all the tests. it is just her. problems from previous owners screwing her up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    CH- Yes, take it easy on yourself after chemo. Can grocery shopping be done online and have it delivered? I truly believe in that when it comes to illness, new baby, car in the shop, etc....

Martha- Expired foods can be quite terrible. I'm glad you're able to help out MIL with it. I think SIL should do that but if she isn't, I guess you're the chosen one.

Bills are heading my way. I got one for $768 for therapy and have to pay it and fill out a form for the insurance company to get 50% reimbursed. Then, another coming in at $350 for a MD. I can't wait for my surgery ones. I saw that my co-insurance max is $4000 and my out of pocket max is $6350 but have no idea where this will fall and how much I'll end up paying. And the co-insurance is not part of the out of pocket max..... It's so confusing.

I will try to make a dish called chicken David. I don't know who David is, but the recipe looked good. I'll post it if it comes out ok.

DH and I will be putting free plywood up in the attic so we can store stuff up there. I've never been up there as it's just a panel in the ceiling that gets pushed over. I understand it has slanted walls and 5 inches of dust and no lighting. We'll have to cut down the plywood to get it through the opening and then nail it into the beams. There isn't any lighting, so we'll need to bring flashlights. DH is NOT looking forward to this project.
    mil passed away last week so we were just in cleaning up the place. she wasn't big for decluttering and w bad eyesight on top of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Ru, good luck with the attic project. Plan on throwing away clothes after working up there. I hope you don't find anything nasty.

GB, I can see tomatoes from my kitchen window, and peppers. Got to get out there soon. Wish someone would eat them besides me.

I am feeling better today. The brain fog is gone and last night DH rubbed out the sore muscles in my arm that cramped up during the infusion. Normally I wouldn't have gone grocery shopping after, but we were completely out of fresh food (milk and veg) after being away for 5 days and DH was home in bed. They wouldn't have let him in the clinic the way he was coughing and carrying on. DH seems to be feeling better, too, but still has a harsh cough.

Martha, that's a big job. I hope you're able to get stuff cleared without too much stress.
    Thanks not too bad since she was in assisted living so the worse was when she moved last year from her condo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Plan to work from home today. Meatloaf and a big pan of mac & cheese for supper so I can take leftovers to dad's house Saturday. Undecided about baking a cake, maybe. I see sneakers on sale @ Kohl's under $50 and I want leather ones for winter, the mesh type are not warm at all. So I think I will get them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just cleaned out my large flower bed and got stung by a red wasp. Getting my hair done today and then going to a bluegrass concert tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ouch! GB, hope that sting goes away soon.

Hanging out at home today. Looked at the grocery ads, not much reason to go out this weekend. Got half the tub scrubbed, the half that is easy to reach. Doing it one step at a time. Picked a lot of tomatoes last night. Left a lot in the garden, too. DH won't eat them cooked, only in salads. Next week he can take a bunch in and give them away at work.

Sewing on quilt blocks for the guild charity projects. Just a warm up for a bigger project, using up some bobbins, and clearing some space.

Spinach ravioli with garlic basil cream sauce and brussels sprouts for dinner.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ended up not making mac & cheese but did make 2 loaves pumpkin choc chip bread. I'll take a box of mac & cheese to make tomorrow. Hubby went to Omaha Steaks w/ a gift card and got a large variety for the freezer. I will be really unhappy if the power goes out now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shhhh dircpa….lol.....but I know the feeling....losing power with a full freezer is a nightmare....

It was 103 and the ozone was high.....picked up some king size sheets for a young mom who needed them....I got them at an auction and paid the price of the pillow cases for them....two sets plus a mattress pad and a comforter...
    Stopped at the pizza place and got a pizza....just too hot to cook....had sandwiches two night already so decided pizza was going be it...

Getting stuff together to donate to Jamaica. Have blankets, baby clothes, diapers, and fixing baggies with coloring books, paper, pencils, crayons, stuffed animals, little toys and anything else I can find to put in each bag. Hopefully it will give the kids something to do while their parents deal with what they need to do. I have way too much for my shoeboxes so will share.

Pumpkin choc chip bread sounds delicious....I love homemade mac and cheese but husband isn't crazy about it....he would rather have the blue box.....