2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 72
Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 226269707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1209
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

was sunny here and muggy in the 80s hot for here. washed mil's wedding dress on handwash cycle came out great. sundried it and then got it dirty coming in so back in the washing machine. took my mom w me to safeway 135$ later...and I didn't even buy a full week worth if you go by what we use up. included cat food at least.

trying to organize mil's memorial tea. the home won't let us have more then a hour so that doesn't work so will split into 2 teas. one for residents very small and another one. wish could just get it done. dh would let me lol. sil was thinking $1000 was a lot ..at least admitted that she has no clue over the cost. and suggestions like just cookies and veggie trays.. money isn't a problem and no need to go nuts but people remember people cheaping out at events.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- Yikes! Did the stinger come out easily? I hope so! I am not a fan of those wasps by any means. They love our home and I've had pros take down nests.

Contrary- I hope you and DH are feeling better.

The storms here have been hard, cold rains. It knocked out the phones and we couldn't call the house and my sister couldn't call me. Plus, the construction of repaving the roads and our neighborhood doesn't help. They're digging in the grasses for stuff. It's still raining tonight and the temps have dropped dramatically.

The chicken David was very good.

We went to the bank and am waiting for the Feds to drop interest rates again on the 18th. We hope the banks drop their rates too and will then start the refi process.

DH is smoking ribs today. I was in the mood for some.

Pumpkin chip bread sounds great right about now. I got some cans of pumpkin to make it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Choc chips are also good in banana bread, just saying. Might make some knobbly apple cake today as a change from apple crisp.
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what is in the chicken david recipe rujerro? my dd was talking about learning to make loaf cakes and I said grandma makes lemon loaf a lot so learn from her. my mom yesterday said she froze a bunch of bananas but my brother doesn't like banana bread. said well dd wants to learn so you guys can get together.

cooler here this morning. I love fall. spent $135 at safeway and didn't even get a lot of wants. or a full week of groceries if I was the type that didn't stock up. dh going out w friend for coffee and to his moms place later to meet his sister. to go over memorial stuff and help load up furniture. I have welcome to beavers potluck bbq at dinner time and we are going to a variety show tonight. saved $5 by buying tickets online. really need to work on the clutter everywhere. stuff from mils place and I had pulled out stuff to sort and declutter before.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ru, ribs sound good. I have some in the freezer for later this fall. Not ready for pumpkin yet, and lord knows we don't need chocolate chips in anything, lol. May make some blueberry scones for DH's breakfasts next week. That will use some of the frozen berries.

AC has kicked in already today. Was hoping we'd make it to later in the day with windows open.

We seem to be good on food for the next several days, so not going shopping. Didn't see any specials in the ads that I really needed. Just using freezer, vegetable drawer and garden for now. Grilled kielbasa and potato salad for dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Seems I started something w/ the pumpkin bread. I have several more quarts of pumpkin in the freezer from last year. Maybe pumpkin tapioca later in the week.
    Lots of niece's furniture & stuff got moved out of dad's house, happy for that. I'm washing the various towels/throws that were used to cover the furniture in storage. Hopefully those will leave soon as well. Otherwise not much accomplished here. I got library books Friday and am reading one. Niece also took her dog (that I have been trying to keep groomed) so that freed up extra time here.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pumpkin is a nice addition to chili, either in chunks or as a puree to thicken it. I have made pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cake, pumpkin soup, and pumpkin ice cream. The last two were not favorites. I also made pumpkin seed salted caramels one year. I was way ahead of the salt caramel trend, everyone thought it was weird. Of course you can bake pumpkin and eat it like you would a baked sweet potato or winter squash.

Fun fact: the original pumpkin pie was a custard of cream, eggs, and spices baked and served in a pumpkin shell. You got a scoop of custard and a scoop of pumpkin in your bowl. More than you wanted to know, right?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's the recipe for chicken David...https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/40...eviews/199347/ My meal didn't come out exactly looking like that with a brown gravy, but it was very very good.

I tried making a pumpkin cake today. This one was fabulous. https://thenovicechefblog.com/pumpkin-dream-cake/

CH- what a fun fact! Pumpkin custard sounds good. I love custard. Dad loved coconut custard pie.

I didn't work today. I was extremely exhausted and slept a lot. I'm thinking of getting to bed soon, which is unusual. I feel ok now and wonder about increasing my calcium pill intake. I had to take a lot after surgery and then dwindle it. I take 2 a day now and will have bloodwork done in 2 weeks and see where we're at.

We're getting a Netflix movie called "Treasure Planet." It's a cartoon based on the movie Treasure Island. But it takes place in space. I don't remember the movie Treasure Island but I'm sure it will be good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I see Target offering a $5 gift card if you get your flu shot there (some have CVS Pharmacy inside.) So that's a plan. Need milk & eggs soon. I'll bake bread and muffins later for breakfasts.
    Planning to work from home, we are busy for the next month and I might as well earn the extra $$. Weather is nice for yard work but nothing urgent needs to be done today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had to go to ER last night as my arm was still swelling and itching. Dress rehearsal this afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- How is your arm? Did the ER give you anything for it?

I wasn't supposed to work today. OOPS. I came in and texted my boss.
    Not sure about dinner....I bought 2 frozen dinners that are of curry type cuisine. One was quite spicy but I liked it. I may make pasta today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gb how is the arm? thanks rujerro. is it allergies? they are hitting me a lot now. raining here off and on. coolish too so nice. not hot and muggy. just puttering in the house. have hit clutter overload and cleaning. stuff from mil's and others things. like books ds wanted from my mom but then sitting in the dining room for weeks so in his room. laundry of course. always housework. neighbour gave us a lovely pink orchid as a sympathy gift. talked to a friend about mils tea and realized there is a room to rent in a lovely setting garden/pond etc right across her old place. so emailed them. the home had been a bit blunt about us not able to do a tea there so now it is you can do it at sharing circle w chaplain.. seems to be how we are doing it for one person there who is more interested it seems in my mil apt since hers is bigger to move into. I don't want to be bothered with that so dh and his sister can deal with it. I don't know anyone there and don't need to show off to anyone. sil just wants to talk it all to death instead of reading emails etc. it isn't that hard.. pretty basic to set up but I guess since she doesn't really hold parties outside classroom, it is a big deal. or trying to make up for being a royal you know what at her dads.

watched overdue hallmark dvd. we had gone shopping across the border so $$$ but got a new halloween costume, food deals , big bag of halloween candy. dh got gas and his philly cheesesteaks sandwiches for lunches. I have spent so much on groceries in the last few weeks no one can complain we are lacking anything lol ds decided he wants a video game party at home so that is easy. made dinner late last night so lots of leftovers for tonight. pork roast and veggies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Will you have the tea at the house? Did it work out? What costume did you get?

Making chicken fajitas today. A little unconventional though, as I'll cook out Mexican rice and white rice, onions, mushrooms,Mexican cheese, salsa...I'll let everyone choose what they want to put in it.

I told DS1 that I'm renting a storage unit before the appraisers get here. And they're coming this month, so his room needs to look like mine (no clutter and very clean). He said that he'll put stuff in his car. I said that the beanbag and all those clothes will not fit in the car...He said it should....I want to decrease the basement boxes/stuff by 50% or more. The last few appraisers took one look and groaned and made a comment about how they didn't know it had rough-in plumbing (couldn't see it) and just walked out. Then chatted in the finished part of the basement.

DS2 is upset about a quiz grade in a class. He wasn't sure if he was going to do great or not. Well, it wasn't great at all. He wants to drop the class and we encouraged him to ask the professor for help. I'm not sure the best course of action.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My arm is fine. I’m on steroids, antibiotics, and meds for itching. My show is in its last dress rehearsal and we have a preview tonight before we officially open the 50 th season tomorrow night with a champagne event.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The cold air at night has arrived....Brrrrr….I close all the windows and grab a blanket. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but the cold just chills me to the bone and sometimes, if my bones get cold, I end up with a cold...It's hard to explain, but it always happened to my Mom as well.

I've been doing the deep clean on the house. I drove the first carload of junk to the storage unit. I'll take a bit everyday. I was going through boxes and ended up throwing out some things and creating a donate/sell pile. I got accused of breaking stuff (?) and an offer to help take items to the storage unit. I also got into a debate on why I did/didn't need to rent this unit.... Oye. In the end, DH wants to help drive stuff on Saturday but to me, weekends are busy there, so I'll do a lot before then. I'll just need his help with tossing his old magazines & boxes/cleaning garage. DS2 can help take down the tree.

Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 226269707172737475 ... LastLast