2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 73
Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1238
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Weather here is still hot but we are supposed to get a cold front and rain tonight, leaving tomorrow a little cool. It should be very nice.

A friend is coming over to bring me apples and pears. I'm going to give her as many tomatoes and peppers as she wants in return.

Need to go over the grocery ads, then I have a lot of the usual cleaning to do.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Martha- Will you have the tea at the house? Did it work out? What costume did you get?

Making chicken fajitas today. A little unconventional though, as I'll cook out Mexican rice and white rice, onions, mushrooms,Mexican cheese, salsa...I'll let everyone choose what they want to put in it.

I told DS1 that I'm renting a storage unit before the appraisers get here. And they're coming this month, so his room needs to look like mine (no clutter and very clean). He said that he'll put stuff in his car. I said that the beanbag and all those clothes will not fit in the car...He said it should....I want to decrease the basement boxes/stuff by 50% or more. The last few appraisers took one look and groaned and made a comment about how they didn't know it had rough-in plumbing (couldn't see it) and just walked out. Then chatted in the finished part of the basement.

DS2 is upset about a quiz grade in a class. He wasn't sure if he was going to do great or not. Well, it wasn't great at all. He wants to drop the class and we encouraged him to ask the professor for help. I'm not sure the best course of action.
    I got a cinderella costume..well made for walmart one. full shirt etc. classic one. have the newer one but sheds glitter so can't wear it lol just glitter all over. and can't bring myself to buy a fancy cosplay one.

No we aren't having the tea at the house. not big enough and don't want the work lol. sil lives like 40 mins away too far for most people and mil lived in this area her whole life. I have limited energy for sil since you know the years of bs. dh is just happy that she is behaving. could have had this all organized by now. seems like the tea at the home is for just couple people. told sil to deal with that. don't want to go to that. we can't do it at the church where fil's was ..which I had a feeling was a no go. so need to call the hall. suppose to have it on the sunday for one person. mil's neighbour across the hall who was so upset even passing mils door is now moving in asap. keeping mils bedroom furniture. mils place is nicer and bigger. but one bedrooms were suppose to go to couples now. guess the home didn't want to argue with her. she is there because she had an accident and in a wheelchair not cus mind going. just kinda ghoulish to me. you are so upset but can't wait to take over her place. don't like her she was the one yelling at me. she says they were like sisters yet pulled away when she realized a friend w dementia is different then being a nurse w dementia patients. she is getting people to take the other furniture like the lift recliner asap too. but we aren't clearing out the place fast. paid for the month so not stressing ourselves out about it. so will be happy that I don't have to deal with her after this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

slipping into spending cus upset so have to watch it. mils death is hitting us more now since the shock is over and ds bday coming up. the one place was so expensive so no. have another hall to book. have a work meeting this morning too. it is at a church so bringing 3 board games there too. cat peed on ds flip flops again.

didn't get the other job but didn't think I was going too. but nice experience. looks like they will have to move too because the owners want to redevelop. $$$ land is so much here that that what happens to old places.

was going to go to mils place last night but friend came over for dinner which was nice. got a big pot mum for fall from the garden nursery $12 instead of the $30 at store. plus some winter seedlings kale etc. to try. have been decluttering things that have been sitting around like magazine rack. gave british mags to british friend and others to moms group. my crochet hook box of sewing stuff. things like that. my freezer downstairs was so full and rearranged but turns out I left a bag of chicken cordon bleus out..too warm to cook. so crows have food for the next few days. pulled out a big tray of mild italian sausages to cook for tonight. have lots of meat to use up. so shouldn't be shopping! but going to mcds for egg mcmuffin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I worked from home today (big project) and plan to do so again Friday. Going to sis-in-law house for supper Friday, hubby is supposed bring food - he coordinated. I just need to walk to dog and be ready to leave 5pm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cooked dinner today. Didn't plan on it but chicken needed to get cooked and filling from fajitas left over. So, I had the rest of the ingredients for enchiladas.

Going to make another drop off at the storage unit. DS1 said I could throw away one box. Good. It's a big one.

I'll be putting more stuff on ebay. Christmas ornaments. Maybe more stuff as time permits that I found. If I had my way, mom & dad's big tree would go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha ha, can you stick the tree (I assume Christmas tree) in the back yard and pretend it's real?
    Maybe once everything is in the storage unit and everyone has forgotten about the stuff you can send it directly to the trash from there? I am sorely tempted to do similar - sneaking stuff out a little at a time. I have a donation pickup on the 24th.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

haha why can't you get rid of the tree? I put our tree outside last year because it was shedding needles as bad as a real one. just went back to my old one. one of those cases of old being better quality then newer.

got mils tea booked nice person to deal with so one step out of the way. home puts off the other one so don't think they want it since now will be half way though oct so I think forget it. only for a couple of people staff can come to main one. put a save the date message out. of course housework. instead of going out for breakfast friend came over for cake and coffee.

washed mil's veil and headpiece. the tulle is very very fine. not very big so not a handful. feels like it would tear so easy.

ordered a cinderella wig from amazon too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, it's a big honkin' Christmas tree that has been in the man cave for 2 years now. Decorated and plugged in. I'm the only person who puts it up and takes it down. So, I decided to just leave it up. With the appraisers coming, I have no choice but to take it down, limb by limb, level by level. Everyone is glad it's coming down, so I asked if they cared if I just got rid of it? DS2 said go ahead. DH asked what I'd do for Christmas if we got rid of it. My response was to NOT HAVE A TREE. He was not happy with that. Well, I posted it on Craigslist. It's coming down today. I didn't ask DS1 his opinion yet.

The local community center is having a indoor garage sale on the weekend that I'm on vacay. I'm tempted to rent a booth! From the boxes that I've gone through, I'd have boxed ornaments to sell, Mom's antiques, big plush Hulks, some Star Wars giant pez...Not a ton of stuff, but maybe enough to empty some Rubbermaid totes. I've collected through the years and the kids are not interested in such things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish we would have fall temps. Still hitting 90s during the day. My show finally opened last night. It is the talk of the town. So proud of my work. Not doing much today before I head to the theatre tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking care of Dad today, want to work remotely as it would be 1.5 overtime, hoping for 4 hours. I just made HB eggs since we had supper at sis-in-law's house last night and no leftovers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good for you grammarbug! I hear you rujerro.. everyone wants everything when they don't do the work or pay to store it lol... I think that is a good idea depending on type of people coming..if they think it is all for dirt cheap. I think of renting a booth at collectible show for my vintage stuff to get rid of. then you have the right customers. last time we had a garage sale .there were so many that hassled and were so cheap and then wanted something free along with what they got like pennies on the dollar. that we said no more. we give it away to friend if worth something or put an ad out. or just donate. we could sell mils stuff but nope not worth it. think it comes back in karma.

I looked in dh office yesterday lord that needs a cleanout. can't even walk in there. but now fall is here and it is cool and after all mil stuff is done he can work on it. ds kids bday party tomorrow just video games. so basement cleanup. he wants to make a cake so that is fine. wanted a new russian recipe..said don't try recipes first time for parties. dh is off w friend..taking him for breakfast as thank you for using his minivan and help bringing back stuff from mils place. plus more stuff in the basement. but things will go into the stuff he is bringing back like pantry cupboard I will switch things and put stuff in there so looks nicer and neater. have a glass door wall unit at the moment. cedar chest for dd I can put wedding dress etc back in how that I washed it and the veil. her tv well don't need it but we don't want just get rid of it. big flatscreen. so just bringing it home for now.

really we have too many interests and stuff. well and a hubby would fill a palace. so will say look at your moms place ..we need to declutter ..keep the momentum going. have a wedding party tonight too. got a gift card for them. need to get some groceries too this weekend. not sure if we are doing pizza tomorrow or not.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Back from friend's house. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of noise and excitement. Have a headache. Had sandwiches and snack food all afternoon, so no dinner. There are leftovers if DH wants. Wrote out a rough menu plan for next week but need more veggies, so I will do some shopping tomorrow.

We need to do more decluttering here, too. Thought we had taken care of the mold in the basement, but it is back and worse than before. So much crap piled up the air can't move. We have a dehumidifier going but it's not helping much.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats, GB!

Yes, this indoor garage sale is mostly for vendors who don't mind entertaining hagglers. I had a ring that was marked 10k. Now, I don't know if it was real or not, but I put a price tag on it for $20. Lady wanted to give me $10. I said no. She bought it anyway. There was a vendor who had a lovely collection of metal replica cars. He printed out what each one was selling for on ebay and put it under each car. He wanted $75- $150 per car. He sold most of them. I'll gather items and see if it's worth it to attend.

I did some yard clean-up after church. Pulled grass/weeds, trimmed bushes. I'd like to paint the wine barrel the same color as the front door (dark green). We noticed that the inside of the yard fence is discolored. DH painted part of it a few years ago and the paint is still great. But the rest really needs to be painted. DH also cut a limb off the walnut tree and one side towards the bottom has no branches. May as well do the other side!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Congrats, GB!

Yes, this indoor garage sale is mostly for vendors who don't mind entertaining hagglers. I had a ring that was marked 10k. Now, I don't know if it was real or not, but I put a price tag on it for $20. Lady wanted to give me $10. I said no. She bought it anyway. There was a vendor who had a lovely collection of metal replica cars. He printed out what each one was selling for on ebay and put it under each car. He wanted $75- $150 per car. He sold most of them. I'll gather items and see if it's worth it to attend.
    I get a kick out of those printouts! It's called an ASKING price unless they are showing completed items. I have a friend who works at the town recycling and sometimes brings me stuff to sell. Last week she came by with a "Collector's Plate." It had a printout from Amazon showing it for sale for $48 and up. And a yard sale sticker that said make an offer. I knew it wasn't worth squat but to please her I looked it up on Ebay - no sales even at a $10 price. And to top it off, when I looked closely, it had been broken into 3 places and carefully glued back together!!
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ sounds like good progress on your house, keep it up.
    CH - mold is awful, parents paid a lot of money for remediation. My brother is living in their basement now and I keep bugging him to run the dehumidifier, he doesn't want to because it's noisy. I guess I need to see what he will let me remove from the storage area at least. I have a donation pickup on the 24th to get ready for.
    I worked 15 extra hours last week so big paycheck coming - hooray.

Brother asked if I will instruct niece how I have been grooming her dog, the little white bichon frise. Good because she will be a mess if nobody cares for her. I have not seen the dog last 2 Saturdays.

Dog club BBQ picnic later this afternoon, I have to get chips, salsa, guac at the store. Taking baggies for leftovers.

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 ... LastLast