2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 76
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is good news rujerro. do you need iron pills too? that is another reason for hair loss. sunny here after days of rain and overcast. cats not happy because they are working on the roads here. separating sewer and water lines. all the pipes are in front of the house. and they were left w me asleep with dry food bowls that you can see the bottom the horror lol

been in a funk because it is hitting home the last couple of weeks that mil is gone and dealing with her things. plus that it has taken longer to get things settled. neighbour being gleeful about moving into her place after saying how she was so upset like guess what we are upset over here cleaning out her place. silver lining is that won't have to see that person again after the tea and sil after we deal with parents ashes. she is being uber pleasant.. why who knows in her mind we aren't completing for affections anymore. sad. because there never was. limited emotional range..doesn't understand you can love many people. even her own niece when my dd turned about 13 jealous of her. at least my kids know not to blame themselves. so will have her friends glaring at me during the tea since all the lies she has said. but I am doing right my mil and always have. dh just wants all those 70s portraits of him gone lol promised him after the tea. friend asked if they can help so I said sure for setup of tables etc because last time w fil a bunch of people showed up half a hr early which was a pain.

got an email from the hall..forgot to get insurance for the event! so that was a rush but done. ordered trays, picked up mums. no white available at the moment because thanksgiving is here in a couple of weeks. so purple yellow and burgundy. just didn't want rust. so just more errands to run tomorrow. got refunded for the food I bought for scout camp. puttering and cleaning mils stuff ..they cleaned out the rest of her place when I was at camp and bought back stuff that was really expired but didn't realize it. they put it away in cupboards so I keep running into it. easy dinners like fast food or frozen pizza this week.

ds the poster boy of spending money..got a package that I had to pay $20 for custom services...he owes me. turns out he ordered a pepsi can costume that is like a skintight dance costume with no eyes holes..plus looks like he will have to tuck lol show it all.$40 from the states. I am gone for one and a half days for camp...dh doesn't ask questions like is this a good buy.

need to get some work done for client and I putting it off lol housework.. pile of laundry.. dh complained no shirts need more for my upcoming birthday....I was you have lots..then he found a bunch because amazing what happens when you look further into his closet a few inches lol told him I used to rotate them between long and short sleeve w seasons but haven't bothered the last couple of years because mostly wears short sleeve now. allergies bad w mils stuff and sept everything dropping. babbled long enough..off to put on the dishwasher and get to work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB enjoy your rest. I am looking forward to some time off also. Weather has turned nicer and less mosquitoes (still a few though.) I have so much stuff (mom's) to sort through and try to donate or pack for storage. Some china going to niece, I need good boxes and packing supplies because I don't expect her to really use it. A shame.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grammarbug- So happy lots of folks came to the show! I didn't know the Doobie Bros. were touring. How cool!

I worked at the food pantry today. It was nice to see people. It seems like the pantry has a ton of food to offer or is bare. And today, it was bare. We were chatting about what's going on and it seems that our church has not had anyone donate. Plus, we need 3 people to run it due to the high volume of folks using it. Today, we had 4-5 people running it. I'm not sure what they'll do as far as donations. One church gets donations and delivers them to our pantry right now. The church has been buying products for the pantry and now has to decide what products are not in high demand so they can be eliminated. We decided razors and tissues can go so we can purchase more paper towels.

I did more deep cleaning today. I cleaned out the refrigerator, behind it, dusted under furniture and dusted bedroom dressers and doors/ air intake vents. Tomorrow, DH and I will finish painting the fence. And visit another bank to discuss refi. Then, he wants to go to dinner since we have gift cards.

No nuts have sold yet. I put an ad on Craigslist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been so bad about posting this past summer, we try to get as much as we can out of the warm summer months so not a lot of time for playing online. Now I have a foster dog who was completely shut down when I took her in 6 weeks ago but is coming around. She took just about all of my spare time at first but with patience and letting her progress at her own pace she is turning into an amazing dog. It's a cooler rainy day here so our plans of finishing cutting the lawn are on hold. Just puttering around the house today catching up on just about everything and have plans later to meet friends for dinner.

ru - awesome news about your kidney function! I'm sure you were very relieved. I had issues with hair loss a couple of years ago and my dermatologist told me to take Biotin 5,000 mg. I have been taking it ever since and have seen results.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It has been a long week but I broke over 40 work hours Friday so the rest is 1.5X pay - yippee. I have done at least 4 hours today, probably another hour or even 2. Tomorrow I will take it easy. It rained here at dad's house for a while but got sunny again so now it's humid and not pleasant. We really need some rain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 7 pairs of panties from Victoria’s Secret. 4 of the 7 were free. I also picked up my granddaughters birthday present and got some fall nail polish. Also went to dollar store and picked up items to donate to soup kitchen. DH and I went to see It. Never thought a horror flick would end with a good message.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found an abandoned flower pot while walking the dog, pale green plastic, should work for the kalanchoe I rooted in water. I think I'll make chicken-corn chowder for supper (bought 8 lb sack of potatoes Friday) and 2 loaves of bread. Need to work on sorting/shredding papers and I have several sewing projects in mind. A nice quiet day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mils celebration of life tea today. will be nice to see some of the people. and others well out of my life after this. need to pick up trays and pop. chilly so far today. put all the cookies on platters..why you keep them lol to use once a decade. watching a taped hallmark movie..started as one movie and then switched to the one it was supposed to be 10mins later lol cat peeing on pee pads but then flipped it over and peed. sigh. that floor is wrecked. thankfully laminate over the hardwood. one day we will get the floors refinished. when kids are grown and she is dead. so 10yrs from now....

not sure what is for dinner ..leftovers maybe from tea will see. laundry to fold etc will see what gets done. having a spaghetti factory craving at least cheap place. need to shave the legs too lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to church this morning and then to breakfast. On the way home stopped at BigLots having 20% sale. Got sparking water and V8 plus 5 deodorants. 12 pack razors and 2 bottles of Tylenol for less than $20.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to church and then to Meijer to grocery shop. Stood at the deli counter for 1/2 hour waiting in line for DH's lunch meat. If I had known it would take that long I would have had him wait and I would have done the shopping. Finished a puzzle that I started last weekend. Another rainy day so just finding things to do indoors, after spending much of the summer outdoors it's hard to be indoors so much, I feel caged up. Still have to watch This Is Us that I taped last week. Foster dog has learned a new trick, she eats the cherry tomatoes that she can reach in the garden. Being a Lab, she really likes to eat.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy weekend, I am sore and tired. Spent yesterday helping with an event at a local high school. Was on my feet most of the day and hoarse from yelling over the noise of the crowd. But everything went well, it was a great day and the kids were awesome. Today went out to the renaissance fair. Very muddy from last night's rain, but smaller crowd, too. Tried to meet up with friends, but lots of apologies, or unread text messages. Was a beautiful late summer day out, but we got tired and left early. Leftovers for dinner, though neither of us has much of an appetite right now.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- It sounds like the tea went well. I hope it did and everyone was able to see each other in peace. It sounded like the cat was doing well with the pads until she flipped them. Ugh.

GB- What a great deal at Victoria's Secret.

Dlrcpa- Glad you're getting the overtime and it's been working in your favor.

Lots of running around today. Went to the ethnic store for Asian foods and the gym and the bookstore so DS2 could look around. I saw a small Lego Harry Potter set and got it for DS2's stocking. DH smoked a turkey and I made squash and Spanish rice. I'm baking cookies but I don't think they're good as they are too puffy. I tried.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spent the day (DAY!) wrassling with my laptop which didn't want to let me log in. Finally got it somewhat fixed. Thank goodness for Dropbox and Google Drive or I would have lost everything. Stupid updates.

Back up your files!! They can be gone in an instant.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Martha- It sounds like the tea went well. I hope it did and everyone was able to see each other in peace. It sounded like the cat was doing well with the pads until she flipped them. Ugh.

GB- What a great deal at Victoria's Secret.

Dlrcpa- Glad you're getting the overtime and it's been working in your favor.

Lots of running around today. Went to the ethnic store for Asian foods and the gym and the bookstore so DS2 could look around. I saw a small Lego Harry Potter set and got it for DS2's stocking. DH smoked a turkey and I made squash and Spanish rice. I'm baking cookies but I don't think they're good as they are too puffy. I tried.
    thanks it turned out lovely lots of leftovers gave mums away. froze a bunch of cheese and lunchmeat like the roast beef. decided sil is just weird. keep saying it was my party..no it isn't whatever. she didn't socialize with the people that came. one from the past found out because she was looking for a different friend obit. they hadn't seen each other for years. that was sweet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

News article that due to drought here (no rain in Sept) the trees are dropping leaves early so don't expect pretty fall foliage. Planning to grocery shop tonight. I have a GC to an organic store that I have never been to, it's close the Safeway also. Safeway is having a 50 cent sale so I will take advantage. Hubby will be late so I don't need to cook a big supper at least.