2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 77
Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1614
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

At home today, going to relax and enjoy a quiet day. I have Dr, vet, and other appts all the rest of the week. Making minestrone soup for dinner. I bought a loaf of freshly baked french bread a few days ago and don't want to throw it out.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is a lazy day....I didn't sleep well at all....the house alarm went off by mistake (think husband set it wrong when he left) so I'm up....This weekend we shopped at DG for clothing for my shoeboxes and I got a bunch of stuff (17 little dresses, 5 shirts, shorts, flip flops and shoes) for about $40....also went to Big Lots and got more pencils for my boxes....since we were out all day Sunday we stopped and had bbq….which I usually don't like but had a turkey sandwich and it was good.
    Saturday had a friend over for lunch. I ran to Chickfila and picked up salads and just took them out of the to go boxes....I'm getting really lazy in my old age....
    Soup is my favorite thing to make....husband isn't crazy about it but I love it....but it's still really hot here....

Leaving for New York in two weeks so I need to get organized and get my clothes together...
    Hope everyone has a great week.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sunny here today. allergies bugging me bigtime. getting dh to drive us to corn maze. scout thing but we all can go. need to finish off the soup made w veggie leftovers broccoli and cauliflower. will add the pepper cheese from the other tray. that is dinner. we need to drop off dvds at library and get milk etc. rocketman, secret life of pets 2 and john wick 3.

froze a bunch of cheese and lunchmeat. puttering w housework. washed my cinderella costume to get wrinkles out but that didn't work so will have to iron it. money out for groceries and the maze. plus reloaded dd bus card.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cooked out ground beef/rigatoni/sauce for dinner and DH baked frozen baguettes.

I was able to pull more grasses/weeds and mulch around the trees. I had to do some food shopping and hopefully, DS1 eats after his illness. DS2 has lunches for school this week. I spent 3 hours last night taking down the tree, vacuuming, touch up painting, taping up insulation and trying to stuff that tree in a small zippered bag. I needed DS2 to help get the zipper closed while I tried to pull the bag together to zip. DS2 said he doesn't want the tree up this year and DS1 said he didn't care one way or the other. I decided that I will decorate the mantle and around the living room and maybe, just maybe, get a centerpiece of some sort for the coffee table and put presents on the table. I'll hang stockings for the kids, too.

Tomorrow, I will wash the garage floor and hopefully, pull the last of the weeds. They are in the window wells and need to go. I may drive to the storage unit to bring more empty boxes and misc.

I got a letter from my long term care policy stating that I'm unable to collect at this time...I have no idea who called them or why or if it was fraud. So, I called to find out. It seems quite crazy, but a company (Georgia healthcare) wants to be reimbursed for a patient on Medicaid/medicare for medical services...But, they were requesting money from my LTC under my name, birthdate and policy number!!! My LTC rep said to call them and find out what's going on. I said that's not MY problem. You turned them down and maybe YOU should call to see what's going on. As far as I'm concerned, they didn't get any money and I'm letting you know that I didn't call about having medical services on 8/28 or any such thing. Besides, I'm not even eligible for Medicare! She said I should call but she would send an email to her supervisor for an investigation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ glad you are done having to deal w/ the tree hopefully for a long time.
    I'm trying a sliced/rolled tortilla-chicken-cream cheese recipe tonight. I made it once years ago for a potluck, want to try again before planning to make for the dog club open house in 3 weeks. I got eggplant and zucchini last night so ratatouille later in the week.
    Sky is overcast and the weather can't decide if it wants to be hot or cold.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's going to be hot today, high in the 80's. I love this weather so I'm happy! Pulled some weeds this morning when I went out with the dogs. Vacuumed the house and now getting ready to go to work. Afterward have to stop at the shelter for heartworm pill and food for foster dog. Tonight I plan on cutting back the dead Black Eyed Susans and pulling the cushions from the patio furniture in before it rains tomorrow. With cooler weather heading in, I don't think we will be sitting out on the back porch anymore this year. I may put 2 of the plastic chairs out there just in case we do have some warmer days later this month.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rained last night with cool weather today at 61 degrees.

Dinner will be chicken pot pie from leftover smoked chicken.

Today, I plan on taking stuff to the storage unit, shred papers and wash the garage floor. I don't know how to open the window wells to clean them out and hope to get DH to do it. He's been exhausted lately and has trouble trying to wake up. This morning, he was walking and stuck his leg all the way out. It looked strange and I asked what he was doing. He said he lost his balance and it happens all the time. He did have balance issues after his first brain surgery, so I'm pretty sure that will always be an issue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Attempted to work from home last night - failure because the "cloud" software quit working at 7pm. Gave up and charged them an hour anyway. Planning to work from home Thursday-Friday and maybe the weekend. IF the software is working. I have to drive in today for a staff meeting. Not sure about supper, maybe the last 2 frozen grouper burgers. Warm & humid outside- uncomfortable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Very cold & rainy again today. I believe temp is supposed to be in the 60's most of the week for a high!! Well, it does snow this month so not surprising. I am not ready for it. House is 66 degrees now.

I ordered a few things from Target last night with a GC. I will pick them up today. Target sold the socks I ordered and I was able to get free shipping from another store for those socks. Good. I need roomy socks as my ankles are too big for even ankle socks....Unless companies are shrinking the sizes or something? I see that other folks are reporting the same problem.

I'm using up the rest of the smoked chicken for soup and put it in the crockpot. No carrots in it this time, tho.

My job is advertising seasonal help wanted. When I spoke to the store manager a month ago about DS2 working over the holiday break, he said that it wasn't worth training for seasonal help! Well, the signage says they're hiring seasonal help now and his application should already be in the system from Summer. I'll talk to HR next week about it.

Donation pick up coming tomorrow. I don't have too much this time. If things don't sell on ebay, I'll donate them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had the day off today and let the morning get away from me, I just couldn't get any momentum going after that. Cleaned the kitchen, did 2 loads of wash and wiped down some storage tubs in the basement that were getting dusty. Did waste some time finishing a puzzle that I started on Sunday, just a 500 piece so easy. Also worked on my library book, I have to return it on Friday and it will be cutting it close to finish it. Watched my show that I taped last night, a pretty lazy day here.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Packing a few shoeboxes.....unpacking the totes is like Christmas....I buy all year and I forget what I have so it's exciting and fun...
    I said 12 boxes this year but I think it will be more like 112.....I forget what I buy so end up with tons of stuff....will pack till I run out of shoeboxes and then will send everything extra for fillers (for boxes who come thru with room for more or needed stuff).

Having leftover chicken for dinner along with mac and cheese and veggie.

Still very warm here.....not going out today....

Got some really beautiful tablecloths.....doing a Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless and it was cheaper to buy real tablecloths instead of paper....paper was $3 and these were 60x120 $4.00....I got brown for the tables and gold for the food table for November.......also got 5 deep eggplant color......just beautiful...will use those for the October dinner which I won't be in town for but want to be sure the tables look nice.

Stay well everyone....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Brr! Storms came through last night and the temps dropped ~30 degrees. Feels like fall now, though everything is still green.

Have to take the cat for her monthly shot, other than that... not sure what I'm doing today.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked from home 8 hours. I may do more tonight. Ratatouille is simmering, with thin spaghetti. Temp dropped to the 70's, only supposed to be 60's tomorrow. Friday I have a chiropractor appointment and the library is near there. Working from home again. I did a little bit of cross-stitch last night. Need to pull ground beef from the freezer, I guess Friday is meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked from home 8 hours. I was going to eat my free yogurt for lunch but it was moldy when I opened it. I sure won't ever buy that brand! I had salad for supper since hubby will be late. I will probably make the meatloaf Sunday. I have a ham slice to take to dad's on Saturday and potatoes that can either be potato salad or mashed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS2 has a honor society ceremony that we'll attend.

It's been chilly for me, so wearing double sweats for work. I'll probably add a 3rd layer in December. DH likes the house at 68 degrees but I'm a bit cold for that. I washed some blankets but will finish this week.

I'll be cleaning more nuts today and try to put more on ebay. Sold more on ebay.