2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 78
Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ that's good news the nuts are selling.
    I cut dad's hair this morning and he keeps asking how much he owes me for the haircut. Lunch is ham & mashed potatoes or maybe potato salad. I may try to do some paid work this afternoon but feel like relaxing & resting is more important today. It turned cold overnight (49 degrees.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted to get a jump start on the outside work yesterday but weather did not cooperate. I did manage to carry all the back porch furniture in, except the table and get it in the basement. There was a lot of peppers in the garden so I picked those, cut up and got in the freezer.

This morning I worked out, did a load of wash, dusted, vacuumed but still have to do a run through in the kitchen. Started to put things away outside, the hanging bird baths, bird houses and my decorative rabbits. Also dug up some plants that I wanted to get rid of in the front flower beds and rearranged the rest. Waiting now for the grass to dry to be able to cut it. DH is doing a oil change and tune up on my car. We have a conference at 5:00 at church tonight so have to get things done to get there. I have a feeling we are going to be calling it close.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went outside to peel the nuts. It was a lovely day all day and in the 70's.

Took DS2 to an induction ceremony on campus. Quite nice with light refreshments and although only half of the RSVP's showed, we thanked the hosts for putting together a slideshow and setting up the room.

We missed church tonight but plan to go very early Sunday morning. Not exactly DH's fave as he likes to sleep in, but no choice. Hopefully, work tonight won't take too long and he can get decent rest.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made roasted root vegs on a sheet pan with some brussel sprouts and it came out quite good. I think I burned the onions though, next time I will put them in half way through.

Brought all the house plants in from the deck, all the Christmas cacti are ready to bloom!! Should be quite a show in a few weeks.

Got my flu shot (free) and got on the list for the 2 part Shingles shot. It will be a while.
    Make America Kind Again.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They had 5lb bags of potatoes on sale so I am making soup for dinner. Large batch, leftovers will go in the freezer for winter. Need to figure out the menu plan for the rest of the week.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked 7 hours at home. Pretty sick of working at this point. Meatloaf for supper and a wild&white rice dish with fruit I like to make. It is good hot or cold and there is a lot left over. Meatloaf sandwiches for lunch next few days. There are other leftovers for Monday's supper also. Hoping for rain on Monday, we need it. I moved some long sleeve tops to my closet and put some of the short sleeves away. Wore long PJs last night instead of a summer nightgown.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah, we have broken out the flannel shirts here. Supposed to get down into the 40's tonight. DH brought in the tender plants. Should be a nice couple of days otherwise.

I put 3 meals worth of potato soup in the freezer. Did a quick inventory. There is chili, pulled pork, chicken pot pie filling, minestrone soup, chicken tortilla soup, and a pot roast with vegs as well. Also baked stuffed potatoes and parmesan breaded chicken. This means the large freezer is full (not really my plan this year) of easy meals that can be simply baked or heated up if/when I have bad days or health lapses this winter.

Have a potluck dinner next weekend and nothing else planned, so unless the weather is completely miserable, I may smoke a rack of ribs. Or maybe I'll do it earlier in the week and we'll eat them all ourselves, lol! Still need to menu plan.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary- That's great planning for the frozen meals.

We're expecting snow this week...Oh yay. I'm getting cold just thinking about it.

I'll wrap DS2's birthday gifts. I originally thought me and DS1 would get him a switch gaming system and one game....But the games turned into 4. Now it's 5.....DS1 said he will get them at discount since Walmart has them for $10 off when they come out. We did get a refurbished system to save $40.. He's a good shopper but I think I'm in the hole for $250 or so. yikes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hope everyone is well. just have been busy decluttering home and mil stuff..and usual cleaning/laundry. got the job so did some training online..signed up for wrong one at first. starts next week. allergy season for me so brain dead kept smelling dust so cleaned under the bed and dusted in there though not a lot of buildup. found my earring at least too. had to take a pill so will sleep well. up early and had the cat peeing on the shoes again in front of us.

went to stock up across the border and lots of other groceries so no one can complain but I am sure there will be. apple day, craft fair w great stuff. garden cleanup and puts things away for winter. dvds to return to library ..aretha franklins amazing grace is great. will after scouts. leftovers for dinner so they can pick from 3 diff things. still have a spaghetti craving. need to pack up tomorrows shipment and find homes for clearance fun fur yarn I got yesterday. need to take the car in for new tailpipe. and get the car packed for thrift store run too. making sure mils stuff is not sitting around gathering dust. or it will go into the bad hole of the garage or dh office. some is just stuff that had to be moved out of her place. like phones etc. went though her xmas stuff..doesn't seem like she kept a lot of her handmade stuff. just odd things missing. but it is what it is.

long weekend this weekend..thanksgiving up here but no big plans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots to do today. Gotta take DS2 to bus stop.

Since it will be in the 70's, I will wash the garage floor. Lay nuts to dry in the sun. Go to a board meeting. Get to the gym. DH will smoke chickens for dinner. I will make a bacon cheesy pull apart bread per DS2's request. I'll get to Einstein's for free bagels since I filled out survey. Head to the bank to pay the CC.

I've been doing Christmas shopping. Made magnets with some pictures of kids as I didn't have enough to make calendars. MIL loves calendars but she hasn't gotten any in a few years now. Kids don't want their photos taken. So I hope she's content with a magnet.

Waiting for response on the request for an agriculture certificate. I sent the assessor a photo of land and bills of sale. I sold nuts in skins on ebay. A buyer told me 2/3 of the skins were brown and not as pictured. She emailed me this info a week after receiving them. I told her I sent them with green skins in ziplocks and they arrived in 3 days. Plus, why contact me a week later.....Not sure what is going on here. She makes tinctures but only need skins to be 50% green to make it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Beautiful day today, 68 degrees and sunny. Worked this morning and then went to Meijer to pick up chicken and a prescription. Used Good RX since it was $20 cheaper than using our ins. I was supposed to get a test done tomorrow at the hospital but my Dr.'s office called and told me to reschedule since the referral was still pending at ins. Not too upset since it's going to be beautiful day tomorrow as well. This will give me a chance tomorrow to cook up chicken dishes for DH and put in freezer.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro sounds like she forgot about them and then decided to complain. switches are pricey. kids get a bit of inheritance from mil so think will let ds get one if he wants it. not movitated to go out.. enjoy the time when kids are at school at the moment. feel like there is a full moon though it isn't ..kids nuts at scouts and cats in and out all day so far. mystery container I thought was taco meat was pulled pork so that is dinner.

just puttering and cleaning. watching the shows I tape dh doesn't like. finally unpacked the vitamix I won last year..you can tell how much I use a blender. was sitting in the dining room. just trying to get all the extra packaging , cardboard etc out of the house. dusting.. moved the skinny bookcase in the diningroom from bedroom to make room. holds my mandala yarn so looks like art piece lol that is my story dh and I will watch dvd show tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stayed off the computer completely last night, read an old paperback instead - very relaxing. I walked the dog to PetSmart - traffic and other distractions. He is not used to suburban life but needs to learn. So much more nervous than my old dog. 1 errand done at least. Leftovers for supper Monday & Tuesday. I pulled sausage from the freezer for gumbo Wednesday or Thursday. Cool weather but still no rain which we really need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I keep meaning to pick up a book and relax. I have about 2 dozen laying around, since last winter. I was saving them for a snowy day, lol! Maybe this winter.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by josantoro View Post
    I made roasted root vegs on a sheet pan with some brussel sprouts and it came out quite good. I think I burned the onions though, next time I will put them in half way through.

Brought all the house plants in from the deck, all the Christmas cacti are ready to bloom!! Should be quite a show in a few weeks.

Got my flu shot (free) and got on the list for the 2 part Shingles shot. It will be a while.
    Question about shingle Shot?
    A friend has been asking me how long do you have wait before getting the second single shot after getting first one he said something about 6 months. i am sure i never waited that long.Thanks in advance