2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad had a medicine overdose because his doctor told him to take more than what is safe. He was at the hospital for about 24 hours. It could have done lasting damage to his heart, but he “only” got the concussion, scrapes and a damaged tooth.

My landlord called me today. A potential buyer of the building is coming on Friday. I’m taking it as motivation to get my apartment cleaned. It’s messy. My focus has been on my job and my family this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, the building I rent in is going to be for sale also. I have a lease until the end of March. I am hoping the buyer will be someone who wants to continue having rental units. I would like to stay here.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you can stay!

The rules in Denmark are very strict. A new owner can only kick out tenants, if they want to live in the home themselves, and even then the tenants have a year's notice.

The most common way of renting homes here don't have expiring dates. It continues until the tenant cancel it with a three months notice. As long as the tenant pays the rent, it can in most cases be difficult for the landlord to force a tenant to move out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, so sorry to hear that your dad's fall could have been prevented. Glad it was figured out and he didn't have worse damage done. Medication overdose by doctors is a problem here too. My SIL was in a coma for a week and they were talking brain surgery before they figured out it was a over medication issue.

I called to get a quote today on new auto/home ins. I saved us $1330.00 a year. Very happy about that, auto insurance is insanely expensive in Michigan. It snowed a little late last night, then freezing rain and now just steady rain. My gravel driveway is a sheet of ice. I want to go to the library to return/pick up books but will wait to after noon so see if the driveway looks any better. The driveway is 250 ft. with an incline at the end by the road and we live right after dead mans curve, so you have to stop at the end of the driveway to hear/see if someone is coming. Not a good setup in the winter.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally back in Texas. Had a great visit. Got several freebies in the mail today. Got a cap for my DB, coupon for free panty from VS, coupon for free room fragrance from BB&B, and samples from oil of olay

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG on the freebies GB. I'm waiting for the free Purina dog food coupon. We have training at work tomorrow and they will feed us pizza & salad for lunch. I need to bake muffins or something to use up buttermilk and cranberries. I tried a buttermilk pound cake recipe but was not impressed the first time. Muffins would fit in the freezer at least.

I returned a gift to LL Bean for merchandise credit. I would like some new blue jeans but need to try them on in store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Headache still around. Going to the neurologist tomorrow. Have to buy chicken feed today and pick up ground meat and tomato paste for goulash tonight. Using up noodles with it. Sprouts has blueberries and blackberries 88 cents a carton. Need to get the blueberries for the freezer at that rate. Have plenty of blackberries. Coaching a girl tonight for an upcoming audition for Annie. Suppose to work at food pantry today, but just not up to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope your dad is better Tine. Your gowns are beautiful! I don't think anyone would have a complaint about them. just grateful.

overcast the last few days. not doing much not feeling good need to go though the change of life. too old for this. and allergies..things starting to come out. decluttered the tables. company I work for is closing so though I can continue with the new one. not happy with their company..they subcontract ours. standing in one place is hard on me so was thinking of changing jobs anyways. applied to one already. have a coupon so going out for free burger tonight. don't feel like cooking. just puttering, housework and tv. ds is off because school is out. went to moms group to see a friend yesterday bday so gave her a card and yarn. teaching her to crochet but mixed up hooks I have her and she has mine..my favourite!

smell something so think the cat peed on the paper instead of the litter box again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to neurologist and is changing my meds. Got my blueberries and put in the freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, hope the med change helps. After I did wash I noticed that my favorite black shirt had a few small bleach spots on the bottom of the sleeve, probably from Softscrub when I was cleaning the sink. I took a black marker and fixed it. Just the usual catching up around the house for me today. Freezing out so decided to stay in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was supposed to frugally bake bread today, but I got distracted by a shiny object, namely a beaded part from a wedding gown I ripped up to use for angels. I was going to pack it away for some other time, but ended up making it up instead. I wasn't sure about it at first, but now I like how it turned out. I'm pretty sure I paid $5 for the wedding gown this came from, with lots of fabric left over for other baby gowns including 2 more smaller beaded sections to use. The 2 little flowers were either .25 or .50 at GW. Both types of ribbon on the dress front were donated by someone here on FV. Ribbon ties came from a garage sale. I doubt I have $1 in the gown and bonnet. ( We won't discuss the 2+ days of work!) I hope the next 2 from the big dress turn out as nice.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20190125_142902_1548451652123.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer, that is beautiful! I have laundry going and made DH pancakes for breakfast. Going to make beef stroganoff for lunch. My hens are really laying, so we will be eating eggs a lot. Probably will just stay home today. Not feeling too great.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, GB. I didn't like it after I put the heart ribbon on it, but once I added the bow and pink flower, I loved it. Funny how a little detail can make a difference.

I baked cinnamon swirl bread and just realized I forgot the cinnamon. 😁 Oh, well. It has brown sugar, dried cranberries, and hazelnuts and it tastes pretty good as is. I made it in a vintage glass tube pan so it's round. Love those. I also baked buns and made another batch of WW pork ball soup and a double batch of WW hot pretzels.

I cut out some baby pockets from a piece of satin I bought at a thrift store, and reorganized my angel baby fabrics to empty one of the totes to make storage space for completed gowns.

My feet hurt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

can't say I have done anything really productive except some reg housework. giving an ear to a friend who needs it. excepted more work and told her that I wouldn't say I was leaving until after the company closes and the new one takes over. time for a new job. working this weekend and pulled out premade taco meat from the freezer for dinner. need the basics milk creamo and bread. dh dropped off dvds and books due

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We stopped in at SA today to look around. I know I will be needing a pair of tennis shoes in the near future so decided to look for some. I had bought a pair of Saucony shoes about 3 years ago at SA and at a dr. visit was told that they were very good shoes. I found another pair today, hardly worn for $13 so was very happy. DH looked them up online and found the exact same pair new for $150.

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast