2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 80
Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1388
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I scrapped cookie baking plans - kitchen is just too dirty/disgusting at dad's. I cleaned some but will bake at home on Sunday. Tuna/mac&cheese casserole for lunch here. I did not make the pumpkin lasagne Friday so that is the plan for Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 loads of laundry today, the 1st is in the washer. Bake the cookies and pumpkin lasagne. Put away some deck furniture. I would love to get to the library and Safeway (beef on sale.) I have a looonnnnnggg list of other things to do but they will have to be postponed and spread out during the week/s ahead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Leftovers for lunch. Picked up and shelled a handful of pecans. Trying to get them before the squirrels. Using more leftovers and making vegetable soup for dinner and took pumpkin out of freezer to thaw and make pumpkin pie. Trying hard to use what’s on hand. Read a little this morning from my free paperbackthat I got from bookmooch. Haven’t bought a book in years. Nothing else today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to church and then to Meijer for groceries and for our flu and shingles vaccination. We finished a 1000 piece puzzle this morning before church so that was put away and we flipped the pieces for another 1000 piece puzzle to start later or tomorrow. Put the hoses away outside and took the clothesline in. Practiced with foster dog going for walks, we just walk on the front of our property but it's a start, also practiced going in the car. Today is the first day I started the car and let it run for a few minutes...............baby steps. Having crockpot lasagna for dinner tonight.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quiet day at home. Enjoyed the cool, but sunny weather. Had leftovers for lunch. Picked more tomatoes and took those with the home made pesto and some toasted bread, and a bottle of wine over to potluck dinner with friends. Someone brought chicken, someone made a butternut soup, there was a green salad and apple cobbler, it was nice.

I think DH has to work tomorrow. Oh well, glad he has a job.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Our heat has been on due to temps in the teens....We're supposed to have weather in the 60's but who knows. The snow is still on the ground!

I will make chicken lasagna today. DH smoked chicken but I dunno if I'll have enough. So I threw a whole chicken in the crockpot. The whole chickens were marked down to 50 cents a pound! I'll try to make lasagna in the crockpot as well. I found great recipes on fresh family meals dot com. I'll try chicken parm in the crock one time.

I put items for sale on ebay and craigslist and items for barter on craigslist. One lady had items for barter. She's an artist and likes to sculpt, carve and do leather things. She didn't say what she wanted for barter so I offered lots of things ( a lot are new) if she could make a pillow or leather doll. She said she couldn't and wanted to sell her stuff...….Bummer.
    sounds like she is using that area to try and sell her stuff instead. bait and switch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- I agree. I've noticed on Craigslist things for barter...And I've been responding but sometimes they don't answer back. Or, they put something for barter and say to email them on what you have OR they'll take $40 for it....Yes, I think it's another avenue to sell stuff.

I made some mashed potatoes and will make gravy. I'll heat up the crockpot chicken and have all of this for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working at the soup kitchen today. Hope to bring home some extra produce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! haven't been that frugal the last couple of days but don't need groceries. got deals on apples and veggies we needed. plus a ham and cake for today. dh bday tomorrow so will use a gift card for us to go out but he wanted ham today. toupie hams were 9.99. still have pumpkin pie from friday that ds hasn't discovered. dh has had a lot of stress lately so we are having a lazy day lots to watch taped and dvds.

the seedlings I bought ages ago are still not planted so should go to that. probably dry too! haven't looked in the backyard for a week. got dirt last week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

I'll use up the crockpot chicken. I have a pineapple to cut today so DS2 will enjoy it. I have 2 bananas to use as well. I may make chip bread with them.
    I have errands today. The bank, free bagels to pick up, gym.....Then bake and cook.
    DS1 not feeling well the last month. He's been on antibiotics and nobody can figure out what's going on. He has pain and the latest idea is scar tissue that may need to be removed. More testing will happen today and I hope a CT scan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like rain today. Going to sew and iron. Cooking out of my freezer today. Dinner will be corn on the cob, fried okra, sliced tomatoes, and turnip green casserole. Going all Southern.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds delicious, GB! The clouds have cleared up here and it will be a lovely fall day. Have a doctor appt, driving over and back will take more time than my visit. Got tuna steaks and stir fried brussels sprouts for dinner.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    Looks like rain today. Going to sew and iron. Cooking out of my freezer today. Dinner will be corn on the cob, fried okra, sliced tomatoes, and turnip green casserole. Going all Southern.
    It all sounds good but if you don't mind telling what is turnip green casserole?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made a pot of Vegetable soup,washed and dried load kitchen laundry,worked on grocery list trying decide what i want to fix for dessert this week end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ermadunk, how is your daughter doing? Keeping her in my prayers.

rujjero - hope they figure out what is causing your son's pain, a month is a long time to not be feeling well.

Went to Costco after work and filled my gas tank and did some shopping. Hopefully I won't have to go again for a bit. Pulled the can of coffee off the top shelf this morning and apparently DH did not put the top on all the way yesterday because it dumped all over the pantry shelves, baskets and floor. What a mess. DH wanted to scoop it up off the floor and put it back in the can! Um.....no. I got the canister vac out and cleaned everything up. The woods behind us are just starting to turn colors, it's so pretty to look at. I love fall but its just too short.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.