2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 82
Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1360
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

raining off and on all week. dh back at work , did ham dinner for thanksgiving for his bday dinner and we used a gift card for his bday dinner out date night. got him some candy and shirts on sale. sil just proved she is who she is and never will change w mil tea at home.... nice people don't think about how to screw people. at least proves something to dh..just cus she is nice at the moment doesn't mean she changed.

spent $560 on a new muffler tailpipe etc ...old one holes where pipe meets muffler. my tailpipe fell off ages ago. we got car insurance renewed. plus other errands. packed and sent off another box on free ship tues. got gas, some groceries etc. leftovers for dinner. usual kids activities too. we watched godzilla from library not great ..

started my new job today so far so good. nice people train for a couple of weeks. tomorrow a different store. cinnabon was near the one today so got a pecan one. only get them rarely not a common thing here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here is the Sell to Us link on their web site, it was under Services.
    https://www.replacements.com/sell-to-us/
    Faster if you research and know the name of the maker & pattern first by looking at the back of the piece and getting a possible match. They have codes for the various patterns. For example my dish is pattern code KISREPFCH. Then you fill out online form asking for a an offer on the pattern. They will email a PDF that is a a description of all the pieces in that pattern and if they are buying (or not) and how much they will pay. There are check boxes if you will accept less than full price if the piece is not perfect, if you want pieces returned, etc. There also measurements for when pieces are similar, such as 5" vs 6". If you do NOT know your pattern, you can submit good quality digital pictures also thru the web site and they can identify. I did that w/ some plates. It is a fair amount of time and effort to research. I have been pleased with the process when I could find pieces they were willing to buy. This little silver bowl is worth $36 so I got lucky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- the kids out here try to have their cars sound like it's missing a tailpipe...And the louder the better. You could've been very current if your car was out here in the West.

Not much to do today...Stopped at the supermarket for a flash sale and it didn't ring up on sale. DH paid it but then looked at the receipt. He went to customer service and they refunded him $26 !!

We had odds & ends for dinner- frozen chicken fingers, rice, …..

It's been raining and cold. DH will smoke chicken on Sunday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Collected a couple more pieces of identifiable silver-plate (mfg & pattern on the back), will see if they are worth anything. There was a huge ugly brass platter probably 30" sitting on top of the silver cabinet that goes in the donation pile. I really dislike the India-motif brass stuff and there is a lot of it here at the parents' house. Emptied a cedar chest that had stuff still in bags w/ price tags. What a sad waste of their $$$. Otherwise trying to relax today & read a book today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol you would be in trouble here people spend lots of money ..kids living at home w no bills...on fancy mufflers and tail pipes to make them loud but no one likes it. my old volvo...not a chick magnet lol that was a good catch by your dh. $26 wow.

rain and overcast so the same. dh went to work for a few hours to get something done that need no one there. tech stuff. allergies and women stuff so not doing much today. kids can go to their activities and ds can go to library. dh can run to vets for revolution flea meds..keep forgetting it. and the cats need flea meds! $100 for a 6 pack.

of course laundry etc what else is new. need to treat grease stains I found on shirt. all the little things that make a house go round. may go to famous garden done up for halloween tomorrow night. watching my shows and crocheting. have a marinated marked down chicken I bought yesterday for dinner. throw potatoes or something in the oven too. warm up the house too.

new job going well too. dvds to watch from library or lots of taped shows too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh sold a car jack for $5 less than he paid for it 15 years ago. The guy came all the way from Detroit, he was so excited because it was a Craftsman, he didn't even try to talk him down, came with the money in his hand. I'm so happy DH is finally letting go of some of his stuff. He also changed the brakes on the car today so that saved us some money, he buys lifetime warranty brakes so it was free fix. I did a run through on the house and cut the lawn. That took about all day. We were going to go out for our anniversary tonight but then remembered it's Sweetest Day so that will have to be pushed off until another day.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Need groceries today. Several good coupons so I hope it won't be a big spend. Making food for dog club open house Monday night, laundry and a nap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH took the screens out of the windows and I washed all outside windows. I feel much safer with him holding the ladder so I wanted to get that done today before the work week starts again. Finished cutting the lawn, still had to do the little yard and all the spots I can't get to with the push mower. DH covered the air conditioner outside and we got the last hose reel in. I noticed that my back flower bed needed weeding again (thought I was done with that) so got that cleaned up. My sister had recommended a book "Educated" so I have been reading that. Seems like everyone who has read it really likes it. Burgers for DH tonight and a veggie burger for me, also have crunchy coleslaw and salad to eat up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Belated Anniversary, Rabbit!

Cold and windy...Brrr….We went to Costco. Packed inside and outside. Had to get paper goods and they didn't have my toothpaste. Oh well. DH will rake leaves once more. Squirrels picked the tree clean.

I'll probably make sloppy joes today. DS2 grilled yesterday but I had frozen chicken instead. I'd like to make pumpkin pie soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Storms last night, but just rain here. Working at the soup kitchen. Not sure about dinner. Did pick and shell a few pecans from our tree. Hopefully will get enough for holiday baking.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had storms last night, too, thunder and rain. Cool and windy this morning, but sunny. Already got a load of laundry in, got meat out to thaw for dinner. Going to use up some leftover pita and make gyro sandwiches. Quilt guild sewing bee today will take up most of the day. Will stop at a grocery store near the site and pick up vegetables for the rest of the week.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had dinner at my grandparents Saturday with most of my mom’s side of the family. One of cousins’ wife is six months pregnant with twins. Another cousin is a med student and she starts her one year residency in spring. She just found out Saturday that she’s going to the hospital in her hometown. All 600 students got a random number that determined the order they could choose where to go. She could have ended up all over Denmark.

I like a podcast called How to Live in Denmark. It’s made by an American living here, and she makes fun of how weird we are It always makes me laugh.

The latest episode is how to be polite in Denmark. We don’t have a word for “please” and don’t use titles. It feel out of favor in the 60’s and 70’s. The Danish equivalent for the German “Sie” and Spanish “Usted” is only used for the Royal family and sometimes old people. But many old people actually find it offensive. It has the connotation of calling them stuffy and/or VERY old.

An American non-profit organization is recruiting volunteer translators for it’s website, and I applied yesterday. First part of the recruitment is translating an English text into Danish and proofreading a Danish text. I send it today and is waiting to hear back from them. The next part is a chat interview if they like my work.
    Last edited by Tine; 10-21-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, now I am craving a gyro!

My exciting life...................worked out and cleaned the bathroom before work, grocery shopped after work. It's Monday and I'm feeling incredibly lazy. Have to put together lunches for us for tomorrow and we have LO spinach pizza and salad for dinner. It's supposed to storm later so a good night to just veg.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine that sounds like an interesting job, I hope you get it.
    I decided I was too tired to drive to/from work so I worked from home. I think I was productive enough. Tonight is the dog club open house. We specifically invited the same-breed rescue group people. I have heard rumors that there was bad feeling between the groups years ago (initiated by people in charge of our club at that time.) I feel I did not have enough time to prepare (due to my own schedule) and ran out of energy too. We'll see how it goes. We certainly will have a lot of food! I have been trying a lot of new things w/ the club. Some work and I expect some will not.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit, the gyros came out ok. Mostly it was an excuse to clean out the fridge. Used half a lemon, part of a cucumber, the last tomato from the garden, a bag of lettuce left from last week, leftover pita, some leftover hummus and chips from Saturday, and finished a bottle of red wine from the previous weekend's dinner party. But, probably won't do it again because it's easier (and fresher tasting) to just go to the place down the street and get take out.

Tomorrow, doctor appt. and maybe some halloween shopping for DH. He wants a raven and I think Michael's has everything @70% off.... Leftover ravioli for dinner. Leftover french bread, leftover pesto. Spinach if it is still any good.

Dlr, hope your dog club meeting goes well.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast