2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 83
Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gathered and shelled more pecans. Neighbor gave me 3 qts of shelled pecans and fresh tomatoes. Got bananas, sweet potatoes, and celery from the soup kitchen plus scraps for my chickens. Chopped one bunch of celery for the freezer to use in casseroles during the holidays. Had leftover turnip greens and chicken and dumplings for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine- I hope you get the job too!

Our church is having their bake sale this weekend. I'll make bacon cheesy bread. That way, if someone wants a sugar free item, it's there. DS2 loves that bread and told me NOT to make it for the sale! But it's once a year and the group makes about $1000 over the weekend.

Whole chickens on clearance, so one is in the crock and will be used for Mexican dish for dinner.

I requested a personal day in 3 weeks. DS2's birthday in November and I was wrapping presents today. I think there are 2 more coming as DS1 has to get them.

I sent some Halloween cards with lottery in them. One card was sent to one of my mom's friends. Mom has passed but we correspond. She's a sweetie. My best friend got a card and won a few $ on lottery. She is battling Cancer and such a lively and fun spirit. I love to see her when she flies out to visit her sister. Her sis is a mile down the road. We didn't know that when moving here.

We're expecting snow this week and most of next week. Bummer.

GB- I luv pecans. Those squirrels are so lucky!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to work in the costume closet and then to get a much needed haircut. Using up what I have, so tonight will be chili dogs with onion rings and roasted potatoes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I seem to always wait getting a haircut until mine is much needed! I don't know why, I love my hairdresser.

Same old, same old. Making a vegan dish for me tonight and I pulled a meat dish out of the freezer for DH. Will make a salad too and some veggies. Got the house vacuumed so at least it's de-haired for now. I have to admit though, since we lost our old guy last summer, my house has less hair now with just the short hair dogs.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you, dog club meeting was good but turnout was a disappointment. Oh well. We had a LOT of food in anticipation and most of it went back home again. I have most of a cake and dozens of cookies back home again.
    Got into a pi$$ing match w/ the work training coordinator because I left class at 2:30 on Friday. I told them my schedule is 9-3. There was a break at 2:30 so I left. It was still a 9 hour day for me because the drive to training-place-from-heck is 1 hour 20 minutes drive each way.) He claimed he did not know my schedule was 9-3 EVERY DAY (like I just pick some days when I want to pi$$ you off.) As a result I got to CANCEL my remaining 2 training days for the year (scheduled 8-4). Basically I am elated over this.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, I hope the snow holds off, it's too early!

My hair is a mess, it's growing out after having fallen out last year. NOW the doctor believes me. Nothing to be done until it gets longer.

Tired from driving all over town today. Doctor visit and tests at the hospital, things are as normal as can be with my disease. No answer to the recent breathlessness, but I got a cool pic of my chest x-ray. DH wanted some stuff for halloween, so I drove to Michael's and hit their 70% seasonal clearance.

Leftover ravioli and steamed spinach for dinner. Have some rolls to use up so I might do garlic bread, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Anniversary Rabbit! Good luck Tine! was thinking what did we do for our last anniversary..couldn't remember...then yes went to vegas for a getaway break which was kinda a waste of time and money but at least got 36hrs of peace. our twentieth coming up so will have to see !

been working at new job so far so good. nice people. grocery shopping. got a foam mattress topper for dd who says her bed is hard and she is sore for years..how can I know if you did say... teens. flea meds out for cats cus fleas! not happy w flea combing either. found a wound on youngest chest so off to vets now. wasn't bugging him so don't know what happened.

housework, laundry , decluttering, got piles to give away, thrift store etc. days of rain and sunny today so all the dirt is showing up. even if you clean. kids activities today. sheets in the washer. will run dishwasher later. recycle weekends roast chicken and veggies into something the boys will eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    I seem to always wait getting a haircut until mine is much needed! I don't know why, I love my hairdresser.

Same old, same old. Making a vegan dish for me tonight and I pulled a meat dish out of the freezer for DH. Will make a salad too and some veggies. Got the house vacuumed so at least it's de-haired for now. I have to admit though, since we lost our old guy last summer, my house has less hair now with just the short hair dogs.
    Rabbit i am the same way i need a hair cut but i put it off and i like my hairdresser and she don't charge an arm and leg for doing hair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Remodeling starts today on my laundry/sewing room. Going to Sprouts for salmon at $5.99 a pound and $5 off $30 purchase. Stocking my freezer and then to Kroger for today’s sales. Taking men’s clothing a friend gave me to the soup kitchen. Men’s clothing goes quickly. Making Tuscan garlic chicken in the crockpot for dinner. Probably pasta as a side.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- We have a foam topper and DS1 has a topper on the beds. It made a difference for my back and DS1 said the same thing. They're pricey but worth it.

I'm not cooking today since I made Mexican yesterday. There should be stuff in the freezer or cereal as a last resort. Made a pumpkin pie last night.

Got DS2 a digimon action figure using SB's for Christmas. They are so expensive but I luckily, only wound up paying $15 from ebay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro..this is the eggcrate cheap stuff lol walmart didn't have twin so got queen and dh folded it $30 she didn't want memory foam. will get her a new mattress next year.

well cat needs the wound cleaning out etc so left him but then the power went out in the complex so took him home. now he is running around like a nutcase because no food etc and not going out. $300 for that. vet not open until 10. dd stayed home until last class so didn't get paid work done. took an allergy pill yesterday but didn't get to sleep in so feel hung over. frozen pizza it is for dinner..esp after I got up and found the chicken soup I started making yesterday on the counter. did I not put it in or someone take it out no one knows. at least was leftovers not new stuff.

need bread still too. moms group to met friends. pick up cat. need to get crochet hooks to send w shipment up north too. dh got a clearance halloween dragon online yesterday from can tire.. local chain here. he showed me so said buy it ..I am hey I deleted the flyer without looking ..you are the one who found it so get it lol so needs picking up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, only another woman would be exited for you to hear that your remodeling your laundry rm/sewing room. I love a nice laundry room.

Had the day off and I'm enjoying it, not doing much around the house. I haven't been feeling well and I think I just need to take a day for myself. I did take the dogs to the park for a nice autumn morning walk through the woods that became both of them pulling me through the woods, not fun. I don't know what was wrong with them today, instead of an enjoyable time it became me frustrated and wanting to get back home. Beautiful day here but quite windy. Mock chicken wraps and salad for dinner tonight.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was off work today, we took a scenic drive, gone about 6 hours. So gas used but free admission to the national park. I found leftover cooked chicken in the fridge so I think I want spinach salad w/ chicken for supper. Finnished Barbara Kingsolver book and started John Grisham last night. I need to think about raking the yard......eventually.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Snow is here. More coming. A brave neighbor was raking leaves when it started. DH did some yesterday but left the rest. Too cold, snowy and windy now.

I have the ingredients for the bacon cheese bread for bake sale. I got stuff for lemon cake since I'm always asked if I made lemon cake! I spent $16 total to make 3 loaves bread and 4 mini cakes with frosting. They only ask for donations, so I hope they make lots of $.

DS2 has a job interview today. Only work when off for winter break. Then we'll take him to college. We have papers to file at the bank for the refi and told them it's 100+ papers of taxes and I'll let them copy and upload into their system. Our scanner is unreliable and quits after a page or two so let the bank decide how to get the info...…

I made open face chicken sandwiches for dinner yesterday. The family had frozen fried chicken. I'll finish having sandwiches for dinner today. DH wants to go to Olive Garden on Saturday since I'm off that day and we have GC's. Everyone but me likes the never-ending pasta bowls. Last thing I need is never-ending pasta......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro— I am excited for temps in the 70s and 80s. Suppose to storm today as. Cold front moves in. Suppose to be in the 40s by the weekend.

Finished a Nora Roberts book and beginning a Debbie Mason next. Cleaned out drawers in laundry room. Still have upper and lower cabinets, but that may not happen today.