2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 85
Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sunny here. didn't get much sleep so quiet day. out late for us lol watching horror movies w friends..christine and carrie. not really scary. need to get ready for scout halloween party ..think will make jello jigglers have brain molds and face parts like noses etc. going to garden halloween show tonight. still have halloween decor to put up. no idea what is for dinner sun is showing up the cat hair on the sides of couch and chairs. something to do one day good vacuum.

ran errands so enough groceries and spent enough this week ..with cat , food etc. just need to clean up the house clutter bugging me. will do thrift store run tues because near the place. just getting used too new schedule of work same w family. I am done done w sil ... took stuff to jewelry store..turns out fake diamonds in ring so fil must have replaced the garnets w them and mil never wore it..not a bling person. makes sense too w old rings opals and garnets go together. maybe one day replace them. so didn't pay for appraisal for it for insurance just my earrings I got years ago. turns out silver plate so just had one old ring I got dh that we sold for credit to pay for clean and fix of the little family ring ..keep for the kids. all mils stuff reeks of old rotten perfume sets off my allergies and dh asthma. so will put ketchup on the silver to clean it. don't know what to do with it because not worth anything. we don't use ketchup much keep for guests so will use it up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Snowed today and a car slipped on ice and swerved all over the road and lanes. Luckily, I was far enough behind to avoid him. More snow coming as well.

I sent paperwork to insurance to get reimbursed for therapy. I paid in full. They sent a letter stating I gotta send it all to workman's comp.... Well, WC denied the claim, which is why they made me pay in full. I called my insurance and they told me they cover it 50%. Looks like my insurance doesn't want to reimburse me the 50% so I have to appeal their decision. ::

This is the week for issues. Swagbucks sent me bad gift card codes and I couldn't cash in the cards due to that. I told them and they sent more card codes but no luck. Still bad. Then they refunded my points but took them away after 24 hours....So, I'm out $35 in gift cards. I sent them an email to get this straight.

On a happier note, DH plugged in the electric blanket so I'm warm in bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RJ wow that stinks all around. I don't do Swagbucks and it sounds like I would not want to.
    Got my mammogram order from the doctor so I will get that scheduled ASAP. Still waiting for dog food delivery, if it does not show up today I have to go to the store. Working from home so that is a time-saver at least.
    I will make potato-cheese soup and buttermilk cornbread muffins for supper to use up those things.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the chicken house cleaned out and going to winterize it this evening as we are expecting a freeze this week. DH winterized our outdoor faucets yesterday. Going load fireplace and then bring more wood on to patio today. Working at the soup kitchen today. Hope to get some goodies to bring home. Eating LO chicken and baking sweet potatoes that I got free last week.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

40 and cloudy here this morning. May warm up, or not. Taking my car for service. Normal stuff, oil change, filter, etc. Not sure about after. We sure don't need any groceries. Got to clean out anything in the fridge before our trip this weekend.

They are saying rain and maybe s*** tonight. It's too early. Time to get cold, but not that cold.

No idea what dinner is, but I have brussels sprouts in the menu plan.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Back from the repair shop, car is all fixed up for winter. Was a little more expensive than expected, but just regular maintenance stuff and they weren't trying to sell me anything. Shop manager knows us and cut me a small discount, which was nice.

Stopped at the grocery store, decided to make butternut squash soup tonight and needed more bread and half-n-half, and cat food, and lunch snacks for DH, and.... $47.50 later I was able to leave.

Bought ground beef the other day, going to cook it down into crumbles. Planning to put some in the freezer and make some into empanadas for later.

Brrr!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

More snow today- about 14"... The supermarkets will be swamped again. I picked up milk and will make the scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner. DH wants to go out to do stuff and I hope the weather holds up until we're done!

I sent in my paperwork to get reimbursed 50% for all of the therapy I had. DH says my insurance company will fight with workman's comp but there really isn't anything to argue over. I have a letter from workman's comp and the state dept of labor AND a medical examiner stating that it was denied and a full report to boot. I have the bills and the receipt that I paid in full and also gave that to my insurance company. Should be easy, right? Watch it take a year for me to get reimbursed.....

Swagbucks finally reimbursed me for the $35 in gift cards that they owed me. Nice.

I'll be taking bagels to the food bank again this week. Looks like 75% of them went to the guests. I must've brought 200+ bagels.

The bake sale made about $650 at the church. Some of the $ will go to the food bank.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It’s rainy and cold. Got everything winterized yesterday. Going to bake today and do a little laundry. Because of remodeling, my dryer is in my game room and my washer is in the garage. It will be a challenge, but I will get it done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cloudy and near freezing here today. We had a freak snow storm sweep through last night and I was out at 10pm picking the last few tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. Crazy weather for October. We haven't even had our first frost yet. More due tonight, glad we don't need anything.

Ru, glad you got your swagbucks straightened out. Good luck with the other reimbursement process. Hope it does not take a year.

Wanted to go by hobby lobby before the clinic, but don't think I will have time.

Got frozen, cooked pot roast and veggies for dinner. Just have to heat it up.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made new shelving because I had to move my industrial serger into a new spot in the sewing room. We had to move out a bookcase first, so I made the new shelves from the bookcase. It looks like it will work out nicely.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20191029_121917_1572377668619.jpg
    The only cost was for the screws we used, which we buy in bulk for general use.

I also made a small stand to fit under the typing table I'm using for my new serger.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20191029_135615_1572378335771.jpg
    I had scrap wood, so no cost except screws again. I sized the shelves to fit 2 plastic containers, one of which I still need to locate. I will use these for serger supplies and accessories. I'm counting those as freebies because they were bought almost 20 yrs ago for use in a camper. By chance, I discovered the pail with screws in it that we were using today is a perfect fit for the bottom space. Since it was almost empty, we dumped what was left into the new pail. I'm sure I'll find some good use for that storage space, too.

I found scrap fabrics to make a scrap catcher for the new serger, so zero cost. I'm looking forward to getting to this project. Should be fun. I'll be happy when the sewing room makeover is done so I can get back to sewing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer, I hear you. Your sewing room looks great. They are laying tile in mine now. Hope to get it organized next week.

It’s cold here and wet. Suppose to freeze tonight. I have to make a run to Kroger this morning and then I’m coming home and lighting a fire.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tile in a sewing room sounds great! I hope you can get your room put back together soon. I know how it bugs me to have my room so torn up, and I'm sure it doesn't make you happy either.

Today I need to figure out the thread rack I'm adding to my industrial machine's table. I finally figured out I can add a rim around the shelves to keep the thread from falling off by using some plastic landscape edging I got for 50 cents.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's grey and wet here. Didn't snow, but we have a layer of sleet on everything. No reason to go out today. Got lots of little things to do at home before our trip.

Had leftovers for breakfast, will have more for lunch. Have to see what is in the fridge and needs eaten up for dinner. There's the usual stuff, bills to pay, dishes to wash.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sleet is awful. Luckily we don't get much here because it's usually too cold, but it's miserable when we do, so I can empathize.

I didn't have boards as wide as I wanted for the redesigned thread rack, but I made do to avoid having to buy lumber. It should still work well. As I knew it would, it cuts off some overhead light, so I will be adding a strip of under cabinet LED lighting under the bottom shelf. That will cost about $11. Since it's pretty much the only cost for everything I've done in the sewing room this week, I can't complain. I hate the loss of light, but I can see I will like the functionality of the new shelves. I've never had good storage for my industrial threads, and now I will. I will put the first coat of paint on the rack today, using leftover paint, so free. Can't wait to get it done so I can move in.
    2019 Frugal Challenge-20191030_104920_1572453263947.jpg

I'm going to raid the freezer for soup ingredients, and make a big pot to eat over the next few days. Should be cheap and convenient meals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Soup sounds like a good idea. It's getting colder and snow is starting to stick. They are saying now 1-3". I looked in the kitchen and we have leftover fried rice, so I'm getting dumplings out of the freezer and doing a little stir fry on the spinach and calling that dinner. There can be miso soup if DH wants.

Got a heavier quilt out for the bed. It looks like it will freeze tonight.

The internet says I can chop and freeze peppers. May do that if DH does not take any to work tomorrow. I can use them in chili.

Have quite a bit of empanada filling to use up, so I will try and get those made and in the freezer tonight, too.

Use it up, Wear it out,