2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 87
Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to make seafood chowder to take to a friend that broke her leg and enough for dinner along with a chess pie for DH. Finally got my check from the theatre. Got to make a stop at the bank along with going to grocery store. DH and I are going to the mall tonight to see a play. The theatre that I work for has opened a black box theatre in a mall space. Going to Victoria’s Secret and bat and body works for my monthly freebies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a cold, ugh. Colored my hair this morning and noticed I got two big splotches of hair dye on the bathroom rug. Sprayed hairspray on it, threw it in the washer and good as new. Changed the bed and did a load of whites. Vacuumed furniture, house and picked up. Slept part of the day, only way I can stop coughing. It seems to me that cold medication years ago worked far better than they do now, I remember taking cold meds and feeling almost normal until they wore off, not anymore. Sure am glad I dragged myself outside yesterday to run the lawn tractor over the leaves to mulch them and raked all the ones out of the standing water in the back. No energy to tackle that now. DH said he would make dinner tonight and will probably watch one of the movies we bought from the library sale last summer.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feel better soon Rabbit. Get some rest.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD- What a lovely room. Reminds me of a friend's sewing room as it's set up similarly.
    Contrary- Yes, peppers can be cleaned and frozen. I have whole ones in my freezer.

It's cold here and snow is on the ground. When the wind blows, it goes right through me.

Our tenant had to leave and we are searching for another. Cleaning the unit wasn't bad at all. She left items behind and DH found a ceramic squirrel full of pennies. Also, a lovely English dishware set with scalloped edges and such.

I've been Christmas shopping again.... Got a electric back massager, socks, crew hair gels, digimon transforming figure, $30 gift card...All for $37 since I used gift cards and rewards points to get them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All-day dog club event Saturday (herding trials). I was assisting the judge, took my dog along and he was a perfect angel after about an hour. He figured out the routine. We had 2 chairs but had to keep moving around a lot to different fields. It was a long day and tiring.

So today he needs a bath! Followed by a lot of laundry. I'm also gathering more stuff around the house for charity pickup on Tuesday. Baked chicken and leftover potato salad (from dog event) for supper. Also brought home several half-bags of chips and individual mayo packets that will be good to take to work.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Flights are delayed an hour, so I am having a second cup of tea, and I cooked off the last of the bacon that probably wouldn't be good in a week+. Taking a few minutes to water plants again and play with kitties.

Rujerro, glad your rental unit wasn't a mess to clean up. I cut up the peppers and got 3 bags for using in chili this winter. Drying the spicy chilis to grind into powder later. Gave away the last cucumber.

Probably should write some checks real quick so bills get paid.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a great trip ch! hope everyone feels better today. so much for extra hour dh and I were up earlier then normal so tired. he is off w friend for coffee. gravestone cleaning w the kids for a couple of hours. thankfully sunny so will be warm. decided really early pizza from favourite place for dinner. lots for the money. halloween was a success..all back up in the attic. got my half price candy deals ..plus snack size potato chips 100 bags $10.00. got couple of things at craft show for presents.

my winter csa came in so need to think up how to use up the veggies. need to use up stuff in the house because $1000 on car bills so far this month plus now dh needs new tires. and the vet bill. I need my winters put on and alignment. kids activities and dd can bring halloween candy for snacks. just watching netflix and library dvds. need to belt tighten cus also $150 belt test came up. dd bday at end of month too. do have some xmas gifts to order online too. need to make appt for cats stitches to come out too plus they all need flea meds again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlrcpa - I have seen herding trials before, so exciting and fun! Does your dog compete?

CH - have a good trip!

Dh went grocery shopping for me this morning, he only had to call me 5 times. While he was at the store, I washed all the dog blankets and made 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins. Pretty much slept and read all day. Feeling a little better, so I'm hoping tomorrow I won't be coughing as much. Dh helped me make vegetable soup for dinner so we will get a lot of leftovers from that. Dogs and cats aren't getting the time change, they all think it's time to eat when they have to wait another hour. Foster dog is starting to move around the house now, so happy that she's slowly making progress. 2019 Frugal Challenge-img_3958.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As always, my picture is sideways. (sigh)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- Wishing you a safe and fun trip!
    Rabbit- What a cute pup! What's her name?

I have a turkey in the oven. I have no idea how much it weighs as DH took the tags off. I'm not good at making these things as the liquid usually dries up! I didn't have any broth so I put in some bouillon and water.

I've had several people want to see the rental, some cancelled, one filled out an application but has never seen the place....So, I'm reaching out to him to look at the place to see if he likes it, before I accept his application.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro - my foster dog's name is Coco. She really is a pretty girl.

Well I organized our camping stuff today, everything now is in totes. Stopped at Meijer to pick up a few things before work and after work stopped at SA. I need some more sleeveless tops for next summer and I found 3, now I'm all set for summer wear. Pulled a dinner from the freezer so all I had to do was make a salad and a vegetable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Beautiful choc lab and love the name. There used to be one a few doors down named "Hershey".
    No my dog does not compete, he loves other dogs and kitties. Not much interested in other animals. We took him in the duck pen and a sheep field on Friday when we were setting up. Not interested. I sit beside the judge as a "scribe". Judge does not take their eyes off dog & sheep, my job is to write down whatever they say. Dog & handler start with perfect score of 100. Points get deducted for various things. I write, add up, and run a timer (10-12 minute limit depending on what is being tested.) At one point a maniac dog had the sheep running straight at us (B course is a huge field so we were inside the fence.) I just sat there calmly figuring the sheep would swerve around us, and they did. Judge was maybe not so sure? Fortunately my dog did not freak out either. One cute little Sheltie was "herding" ducks but mostly she was running and jumping OVER the ducks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked at the soup kitchen and came home with veggie scraps for the chickens and sweet potatoes, avocados, bananas, and cinnamon raisin English muffins. Temps were near 80 today. Put the vacuum in the pool. Sewing/laundry room will be done tomorrow and I will start moving and organizing on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- YYour story reminds me of a horse competition I went to with my trainer. One horse got loose and was running through the grounds, at people, etc. Quite scary. The trainer said that she does what other animals do by being still and usually, the animal will run around you. Heck, I even do that with people, esp. at the supermarket!

Leftover turkey for dinner today. I hope to make cookies or pumpkin pie.

We're still waiting for the bank to send appraisers out to refi the house.....This is taking a long time. Our lender was on vacation and something about the underwriters going through the 6 folders of paperwork that we dropped off....We had the lender photocopy and send all of that paperwork as we don't have the technology to scan and send all of it. They didn't believe me when I said we had 100+ pages of IRS documents until we walked in the door....

I may set up a appt for a donation pick up. I have some books and my parents' Christmas tree. Possibly more stuff.

For breakfast this morning, I boiled chicken & veg dumplings. I forgot to get broth at the market last night and it would've tasted great. I threw a bouillon in there so we'll see how it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was going to buy pansies and plant today, but it is raining. Maybe it will clear by the afternoon. DH and I are going to a charity show and dinner tonight to benefit Heart for Homes. Not much else going on today.