2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 93
Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1480
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 20 lbs of fresh brussel sprouts from soup kitchen. Going to put them in the freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I’m taking glass to recycling place today. I have to work in the costume room this afternoon. I also am hitting a store in town that sells pottery created by mentally handicapped. They make some great Christmas ornaments and I’m getting one for my Rhode Island kids. Will probably bake something today. Tonight’s dinner will be roasted veggies and polish sausage. The temps are going to hit mid 70s today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - haha! I thought you had them ALL done. I feel better now.

Good morning today, I got the house picked up, worked out, vacuumed house/furniture and made sure I pulled something from freezer for dinner all before I left for work. After work stopped at Aldi. It was nuts, so many people buying for Thanksgiving. I wish they had the small carts there, it's so hard to get around with the big carts because the store is so small.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Can't believe it is in the 60's today, when a week ago we were looking at snow. Enjoying it while it lasts. Had to go for a vaccination, stopped at PO and did a few other errands on the way. Lot of people out shopping and driving around. Got my shot and was feeling tired already so I just came home.

House really needs a good vacuuming, not happening today, lol! Did something to my shoulder, hurts from my neck all the way down. Tomorrow won't be any better once the vax kicks in.

Chicken sandwiches tonight. Got a little leftover buttermilk and can split a single leftover breast.

GB, brussels sprouts sound good. One of my favorite vegetables,
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also warmer here, in the 50's for next several days. Nothing urgent to do this week thank goodness. I should think about straightening a few closets or cabinets. Manhattan clam chowder for supper Wednesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Ah, up and coming cooks.....Well, mine won't cook much, although DS1 makes eggs and bagged frozen dinners on occasion.

We drink/use a ton of bottled water. The group that reported these findings say that reverse osmosis will get rid of a lot of it, but charcoal doesn't get rid of the really bad stuff. I'll look into water filtration systems but just doing a quick calculation, we spend about $330 a year on bottled water. Not purified, but real spring water.

Martha- what are the name of those marvel boxes from Europe?

The tours went well today. I think we'll accept one of the applications and notify them.
    https://geekgearbox.co.uk/shop/
    geek gear

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got a new tenant and am relieved that we did. One person texted me to ask if it was still available, as she really liked the place and was debating on if she should jump on it. I told her I had 2 more tours that day. Today, I had to tell her it was taken.

Appraisers have not been scheduled for our refi. The bank says they're having trouble getting our taxes from the IRS but I question that. I have an email out to our banker to see when our locked-in rate expires. I see that rates have gone up and wonder if the bank is dragging its feet, thus forcing us to reapply at a higher rate. This has happened to us before with a different bank..

My MD sent a letter that he is closing his practice. I'm devastated. This has happened to me 4 times now in the last 18 years. All have left the business! Age was not a factor in most of these.

Remember how I bought everyone socks for Christmas? Well, DH got 2 bags (one for him, one for DS2) and today, DS1 got himself a bag of the same exact pack that I bought him. Who knew. ::

I made bacon cheesy bread for dinner...DH and I had lunch after the window people measured the windows at the condo. DH got DS2 a sub for dinner and DS1 wasn't hungry. I'm glad I didn't cook.

I told DH that me & DS2 do not want turkey or ham for Thanksgiving. We'll see what happens. I think both of us are working that day and if so, I won't be able to cook anyways.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like rain today. I’m doing laundry and need to hit Kroger. I am working at the costume room later today to finish what I started yesterday. A man and woman came by yesterday and donated bolts of fabric. It filled an SUV. There was some flannel I may take today to make blankets or gowns. Have chicken breasts thawed. Not sure what I’m going to make tonight for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well on the bright side ..everyone needs socks.. dh complains he needs socks and then I open his drawer all the way and pull all the ones from the back..voila! he just opens it half way pulls them out and then they go back in and never looks further lol

stopped at a safeway on way home..got deals on cookies .. sunny but chilly here. warm enough for cats go to want to go out now. work got cancelled so will go to bakery to get the cookies or order for sunday potluck. looking into cable bill finally to lower it. moms group too. leftovers or new food for dinner will see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH is home sick, coughing and sneezing. Told him to keep it to himself. This is his 3rd cold since August.

I'm feeling better. Had a massive arthritis flare up start last week, back pain, neck pain, shoulder and knee joints, just everywhere. Think it is finally subsiding. Glad I had some extra steroid pills saved from last year.

Got the holiday sale grocery ads, lots of good stuff I can stock up on for the months ahead. Going to make a list. Was planning to go out today. but I think I'll rest and try for tomorrow. Shoulders could use another day off.

Was planing to make cookies this year, I haven't in a couple of years. Even bought the unsalted butter, but it seems like too much effort today.

Chili out of the freezer for dinner, with cheddar bacon cornbread. Will make a couple muffins without the cheese, to use for stuffing next week.

Cloudy today, already 64, may get warmer. Storms expected this evening.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH you can make the dough and freeze or refrigerate it. Roll in logs if you want to just slice later.
    Got Kohl's flyer with $10 free coupon on Black Friday until 1 pm. I have gone at 8 am in years past and the store was really not bad so I guess that's the plan.
    Work on the green wool runner tonight, more hand sewing. A woman from dog club is undergoing chemo. Thinking of knitting a hat for her and hem some scarf ties. Got the photos from the dog club photo shoot Monday, her husband plays Santa (owns a Santa suit.) One of the club members has a fantastic photographer husband. We are so lucky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Dlr, I'd still have to clean the mixer and the counter, so maybe I'll do that on a day I have more energy.

I think I got the same Kohl's ad. Thinking of going up to Bass Pro to get DH a new winter shirt/jacket with fleece or a lining. We get a lot of cold mornings and tolerable days, DH only needs something to keep the chill off until he gets the car started. And he lost his other one in Florida.

Dance class canceled. Oh well, I could use a restful evening.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We finally got a appraiser visit next week. I told DS1 that his room better look like mine after he's done cleaning..He said it will be close....I told DH the bathroom needs a deep clean asap and he said he knows....Hopefully, it will be a decent job as I haven't cleaned it in years. I don't use it and 3 guys use it.

DS1 told me that he has a favorite body wash but can't find it anymore. So, he settled for a different scent and hopes it's just as good. Like a good holiday shopper, I looked for his fave and found some on ebay. I earned a ebay GC this week and will use it to buy this body wash for free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH—My arthritis has been giving me fits the past week along with nerve pain from my stroke. Our weather is up and down. It’s raining again and suppose to get cold again.

Picked up a bolt of plaid flannel and a bolt of baby print flannel yesterday from the costume room. We had so much donated and we won’t use a lot of it. Going to make a baby blanket and pajama pants. Breaking in my newly redone sewing room. Gave several bolts away to a friend of mine that is making scarfs for the homeless. Not doing much today. DH and I are going to a food and wine tasting tonight to benefit the theatre. Should be fun and no cooking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We had rain overnight, much needed but temps dropped ~25 degrees. Feeling stiff this morning but much better than a week ago. I hope your aches and pains clear up, too, GB.

Have a shopping list and plan to go today. Hopefully not too many people out at the grocery store yet.

Cracked open a puzzle last night and DH and I stayed up past midnight working on it. It's a tough one. Should take a few days to complete.

Fish and broccoli for dinner, unless DH wants broccoli soup.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596 ... LastLast