2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 97
Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1614
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quiet rainy day here. We amused ourselves at home. Leftover turkey sandwiches for lunch. It's a tradition, you know. Looked at some online sale ads, nothing calling my name. Took the broccoli we didn't have yesterday and made soup out of it for dinner, with some leftover rolls from yesterday.

I'm thinking next year I want a brisket or pot roast instead of turkey.

Thanksgiving decos only went up Wed so they are staying at least another week. Maybe longer. No sense laundering the tablecloth yet. However it might be nice enough tomorrow to convince DH to help put lights up on the front porch. We don't have to turn them on this weekend.

Knees are feeling better. Don't know what made them swell up like that but I hope it doesn't come back.

Turkey tacos or oven nachos tomorrow evening. I have tortillas/chips/taco shells and beans/rice in the pantry.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- Happy Birthday to DD! The cruise sounds so nice. I wish they had things like that out here or even just day trips. DH and I used to sign up for them many years ago but have moved several times and they don't do that type of thing after we left NJ.

DH and I worked on Thanksgiving. Today, I made banana cranberry bread and am making pumpkin pie at 10:30 pm since DS2 wanted that yesterday.

I didn't buy anything today. I'm done Christmas shopping, except for 2 gift cards for my niece and nephew.

I did get the refund from the centerpiece arrangement that was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I went to Amazon on Wednesday and ordered a fresh swag and centerpiece for the living room in lieu of a tree. I didn't want to put up a tree this year but I wanted a pine scent from real trees, so I got a nice centerpiece with candles to put on the coffee table and a swag to hang above the mantle. I decorated the mantle with fake greenery/berries/pinecones/festive bears/poinsettias.

I addressed most of the Christmas cards but need 2-3 more. I have extras in storage. I have to get the address of my sister that moved.

I'll be driving to the storage unit next week to remove everything and drag it back home, now that the appraisal is done. A co-worker said that appraisers do not look at clutter. I can say for certain that not all appraisers feel that way as I had one appraiser go into our basement and say, "Oh Noooo..." I was then lectured on how he can't see the rough-in plumbing due to all the stuff down there... This time, I made sure that I wouldn't be lectured again!

I have $15 in Swagbucks again and will get sneakers for my job as mine have a hole in the toe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went and got first shingles shot yesterday, Black Friday traffic non-existent. I guess not a thing around here? No really big shopping places.

SUPER busy day at food shelf, huge pans of leftovers from the community TG dinner, luckily we had auxiliary help to break it down to sizes we could give out. TONS of bread and desserts from food stores. Of course hardly any customers, but the ones who did come went away loaded. And of course, TONS of donations from the general public, we made a small dent in the pile but more was coming in all day. Please, if the holiday spirit moves you to donate to the food shelf, think about doing it in the summer time.
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went out this morning for a few basics, milk, toiletries, etc. Got a good deal on strip steaks, 10oz for only $4 each. Also picked up peppercorns, $1 for a 1oz bottle with a grinder cap. (The 3oz bottle was $7!) So steak with leftover cauliflower and a kale salad for tonight.

Getting windy. Just heard some deck furniture moving around. Temp is down ~5 in the past hour. Supposed to be very cold tomorrow.

We got our lights up on the garage and front porch. Might put some up in windows later. Those LED lights we got ~10 years ago have really held up well.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks rujerro. yes we could just drive to the town lol used to go for ds lessons a lot but something different. the arcade was an success. $$$ but fun. all the nacho stuff was from scratch. cousin stayed over.

gave veggies to friend since we still have lots from 2 weeks ago and she is the reason we saw frozen 2 free. ds had his belt test. made waffles using the eggnog that needed using. sausages. stopped at safeway for milk, bread and discounted strawberry shortcake and lemon cake. and cheesy garlic bread on french bread halves were cheap so that was lunch.

crows are hungry so they got some and will put out bread for raccoons. even the suet grain bird block put out disappeared fast. so good I bought 4 of them. put pasta together with the remains of 2 containers chili and thought tomato soup but think some type of stewish thing added can of pasta sauce and pre made italian meatballs and more spices. put on low to heat for dinner. do a thing I learned now .. w dry pasta.. boil the water put pasta in let it go for a minute or so cover and turn off heat. 20mins later perfect pasta and no boiling over.

watched klaus on netflix great movie. dh wanted to go to michaels for fake trees on sale so they got the xmas stuff out of attic and turns out my old tree is just fine. pissed the cats off.. flea med time

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ruj congrats on getting thru the appraisal. While you are putting the storage stuff away hopefully you can organize it well.

I saved quite a bit on gas today with the grocery points. Took leftover turkey etc. to dad's house. Sunday is should be rainy, so I'll work on crafting and make fruitcake if I have everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got some scratch lottery for the family for stockings. I don't put names on stockings, but wrap some items with names on them and put them in. They just have to look inside and figure it out. I'm nice like that. This may be the first time I will be out of wrapping paper. If so, I'll use plain white tissue paper or printed tissue that I have. I'm using gift bags again (re-using from last year) since they seem to like it.

The weather has been bitter cold and the amount of ice in the streets makes it look like a rink. I go slow to get to the main road but slide anyway and hope I don't hit a parked car.

I'm thinking of simmered turkey meatballs in sauce for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday turned out nice and we got most of the outside decorating done. Just have to add the front door swag, bows on the porch and a wreath hung in the eave of the house. Going to do that today and address cards. Was going to clean house, but that will have to wait until Tuesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am looking at the xmas decor out of the attic but meah. 0c or 32f here so chilly for us. fall inside decor needs to come down too. dh and ds can put lights up outside first. they are helping a friend.

dh origami xmas workshop at library so he can deal with that one and I will go to the other one. need to think of dinner meah. joys of allergy pills knocks me out. kids have dentist appts too overdue but covered by insurance. lots of should dos but not urgent. will stop by my moms too. watched a couple of hallmark movies. some I just skip though fast. cats avoiding me because of flea meds. so the slave is off duty today. the wildlife were extra hungry today. most of the pasta will go to them too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I got up all of the plastic in the windows except for one yesterday, will do the last one next weekend. Today we got up for church, got showered and ready and before we left went out with the dogs and we all just about slipped off the steps onto the ice covered lawn. I guess I should have had the news on this weekend to know that we were having an ice storm. We decided not to drive the 12 miles to church on ice covered roads so I baked some cookies and cleaned two blinds that needed it. After noon, when the roads were better we went grocery shopping, everyone must have had the same idea because it was so busy, stood in line forever. Paid a few bills and have been trying to get my week planned out. It sure was nice having a 4 day weekend.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit- I think snow/ice has been early this year for sure. We have tons of accidents due to no salt/plowed roads. I think it was a good idea to not drive on icy roads. I always have to know my limitations!

I stayed home and used my treadmill. Sometimes I feel like it's best that way. I may ride my bike late tonight and read. I'm going in to work tonight and wish it was light outside. This darkness is not the best for driving on ice, I must say. I'll drop my cards in the mailbox at work as they have one outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are on the back side of the big storm and it has been wind wind wind the last 2 days. Supposed to quiet down and be bitterly cold tomorrow. Will be DH's last day of vacation, we have no plans other than stay in and stay warm.

Tues I have a church luncheon and need a white elephant gift. Hmmmn.

DH got the box of christmas stuff up, but it is just taking up space in the kitchen right now. Got a couple more cards to put in the mail tomorrow.

This weekend my dance group is having their holiday party and I have 2 gifts to finish for that. And a quilt gift package to get mailed by the 10th.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH— The wind has been terrible here too.
    We managed to get all our outside decorated this weekend. I’m at the soup kitchen today, running to the post office tonight and then nothing the rest of the evening. Everyone stay safe on the ice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was windy and cold here yesterday went to church never got out any more after i got home today wind blowing some but not like yesterday and sun is shining.Hoping for nice days next two days need pay some bills and do some Christmas shopping can't fight those crowds like i us't to so i don't go on black Fridays anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had to stop at Costco this week for cat food so I decided to go today, with Cyber Monday shopping I thought that Costco wouldn't be too busy. Wrong! I couldn't believe how many people were there, maybe everyone had the same idea as me? At least I won't be going back there until after the holidays. Been going over the new health ins. through Dh's work. The biggest stress of my year, at least we don't have to get it though the marketplace this year.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.