2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 98
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit- Just the thought of health insurance gets me upset. I hope your DH's employer policy is better than what you had.Name:  Photo0776.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  9.9 KBName:  Photo0777_2.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  9.7 KB

Here are the fresh balsam items for the home in lieu of the tree this year (swag and tabletop). Just lovely but no scent of evergreen. So, with my SB's, I got a small jar of pine oil from ebay (free).

I got a coupon for $2 off my purchase if I got 4 Hallmark cards. So, I got 4 cards at 99 cents each, which made the total $2. I'll use them for the family for Christmas. I'll put names on them and place in stockings so they can figure out whose stocking is whose.

Making chili tomorrow and DH will use the crockpot to simmer sausages in sauce. We'll have leftovers for a day or two.

Running around tomorrow. I have to get to the bank and the storage unit. If DH came with me, we could probably make just one trip to storage instead of 2 or 3 if it's just me.

My job is having a contest for a 50" tv. If I win, maybe hiding it won't be too hard if I put it in the basement with all the clutter from the storage unit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Work from home today, nice and quiet. It is cold & windy but at least no rain. I started bread in the machine, will do some laundry. I need a few things from the grocery store, maybe this evening?
    Ruj good luck at the storage unit. That is odd about the fir lacking scent. Maybe they spray with antidessicant to prevent drying out and that prevents the scent from releasing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I’m cleaning house and doing laundry today. No cooking here. It’s cold, but sunny. Picked out more pecans last night. My one tree has outdone itself this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ru, beautiful greens and decorations. So classic and elegant. Good luck on the TV!

Hope everyone has a good day. It's sunny and warming slightly. I have a church luncheon and white elephant gift exchange today. Going to pick up some cut fruit at the grocery store on my way over there.

Turkey pot pie for diner, unless DH rolls his eyes at me, then he can take me out for supper.

Enjoy those pecans, GB! Home grown are the best.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks ru, health ins. is better through employer but more $. Sigh. Your mantle and centerpiece look very pretty and festive! I love a nice done mantle. Fingers crossed you win the tv and get your dh to help with the storage unit!

CH, hope you had fun at your luncheon. White elephant exchanges are always so much fun.

I think my car is probably ready for a new battery, it usually turns right over and today, after work, it took a few seconds. We have had it 9 years and it has over 110,000 miles on it so tomorrow we will stop at pick one up after my endoscopy. My house is decorated, my one gift I buy for my mom is bought, so now I have no excuses to not do the Christmas cards this year..........we will see. I even have a brand new box of cards that someone gave me.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lunch was nice, we had a cheerful group this time, a huge spread of food and I was happy to see that the gift I brought was well received and appreciated. I got a nice thick pair of fluffy slipper-socks. I love those, practically live in them all winter, especially days I don't go out.

Was tired after so I decided to skip the pot pie (too much chopping) and got out some frozen pulled pork for bbq sandwiches. At least that's what I thought it was. DH says it smells like pot roast. So we're having pot roast sandwiches instead. I need to remember to label stuff. There's some fruit left over from lunch, we'll finish that, too.

Rabbit, 9 years is a long time to keep a battery running! Hope your test comes back clean.

Got the last of my sewn gifts done on the machine. A bit of hand sewing tomorrow when the sun is up, and that's it. I've got 3 more cards to write and address tonight. Probably should look over the bills, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- I luv slipper socks! So glad you got a pair! Believe it or not, Barnes & Noble was selling mittens/hats/Sherpa lined sox, so I got a pair as cotton socks do not keep me warm at all. I wish I got another pr...

GB- Those pecans sound good! I keep thinking about them in breads, banana nut pancakes and chex mix. I may have to buy some.

I made chili today and thought there would be leftovers. Nope.

I went to the storage locker and crammed my car, so it only took one trip. I then dumped it all in the garage. I put 1/2 of it in the basement and will take the other half tomorrow.

I looked online at oil change places & prices. I printed some coupons but after reading reviews on these places, I contacted a place that should be more ethical, as we've used them before. I emailed them to get a price. The unethical places have punctured pipes to get thousands of dollars to repair the car! And the thing is, these issues just happened this week! Luckily, these customers know how cars work and wrote about it. They posted what happened and the shop owners wrote back to see what happened and correct it somehow. Wow. In my mind, maybe paying a bit more is better than taking a chance on some of these other places. It's just that $70 for a basic oil change and tire rotation is high for me. Especially on my 15 year old car.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The sun is shining today. Going to decorate the inside and put up the tree tonight. Going to Whataburger and donate a toy in exchange for Six Flags Christmas tickets of concert tickets. Getting my hair cut later. I still have a lot of shopping to do. Got to watch for sales. Got ground beef out of the freezer for stroganoff tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Warm (50F) and sunny today. Waiting for the DR office to call me back, hoping I can get in this week and get a shot for the pain. Lots of little things to do today. Put up one decoration near the front door, outside. Want to clear the kitchen table so the tablecloth can be changed. Then, eventually, the tree. Put two christmas cards in the mail.

Need to take compost out back. Need to clear out thanksgiving leftovers, and do a new menu plan from the freezer. And then bills, bills, bills.

The plan to clear the pantry has been working. Gone through one box of crackers, one bag of corn chips, one box of cookies, most of a 2nd box, and a bag of cheese puffs. Still a lot in there, but at least some of the half empty bags are now gone.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro love the decor! I admit have done nothing except stuff is out of the attic and started taking fall stuff down. plus we bought a snowman family inflatable on sale good price. $70 isn't bad for that pay almost that with someone we trust. oil is like $25 so that is a cost. they are reasonable too so not that we have to worry about them.

was achy all night but wasn't sure if it was from work or what but when cells ache think dd gave me her cold so trying to fight it. was raining last couple days drizzling and grey. so making carrot soup and chicken soup.. the stewing hens were frost bit but seems to be ok. just seems like a long week..dont' know if that was because dh and dd were home monday and doing dumb things in the kitchen while I was at work. yesterday got more groceries checked out the stores across from them in the mall bakery, chinese food...dinner and a deli w yummy good stuff. so shopped lol got my avon order mix of stuff for me and for xmas. today was driving my friend so shopped at walmart..dh jeans for xmas and there was a dragon onesie so got it for dd. bought myself a vintage 20s style hallmark barbie on ebay. ordered my coffee and a calming collar for the peeing cat. she was freaking over the cousin and xmas stuff out of the attic.

was at body shop and gift sets were on 25% off so got the british rose one (lotion, gel, soap plus plus) and that got me $10 voucher so w taxes was $12 originally $28 plus tax. so dh can get gift cards and I am done! just waiting on the geekgear boxes.

just seems like a long week already. we got the paint for the kitchen too. my friend and I went to a value village hadn't been for years to that one. had 20% off coupons.. found a cinderella doll roots sweatshirt for ds and little xmas things bag. dishes, laundry etc. of course you guys know the drill. didn't have carrot soup.. just some cheese and onion bread got day old day before. and a eggnog scone ..got that and gingerbread one for me. family doesn't eat that plus a cinnamon loaf for them and apricot date/raisin I think loaf bread for me. they started making them in half loaves now.. haven't been to this chain bakery for awhile.

the animals are hungry here too so have a lot of crows and some seagulls in the morning. good for leftovers. plus bread etc. plus the raccoons at night. watching ken burns country music taped off pbs but just got a call from dh. they are on way home..he stopped to get the kraft pb sale 1kg or 2.2lbs.. has been on special $3.99 cheapest for a while but of course in both stores on special I forgot to get them. want to stock up dd and dh eat it a lot. well this turned out long!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

also your posts remind me I haven't done any cards! not that I got any either but don't think many do them anymore

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha— Your post exhausted me. Time for you to rest a little.

Scored 6 tickets yesterday to the 10 man jam at Billy Bobs. Got the tree and half the decorations up. Going to finally finish today. Was going to work in the costume closet, but too much to do here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Martha- I luv your posts. Let us know if the cat collar works. Sounds like you did well with shopping.

I was busy wrapping gifts yesterday. I ran out of 2 rolls of tape but had a bit of paper left over. I laughed to myself about all of the socks everyone is getting.

DS2 went to the counselor to go over next semester's schedule. And discuss his feelings about a particular class. She sympathized with him and it sounded like many students feel the same way, Not sure what will happen as far as a grade but we hope for the best, despite knowing it may not be a good grade.

We are expecting snow this morning and for the next 12 hours. DH offered to drive DS2 to the train to get to school.

We were watching a Disney series called Mandalorian. It's a Star Wars theme with a baby Yoda and the beginnings of Yoda. I saw the Yoda and said I wanted one.....DH came home later and saw us watching the show and heard that toy Yodas can't be made fast enough! I said that I wanted one and am sorry to hear that! That's ok, as I don't need a Yoda.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sunny again today, may be some clouds or light rain later. Going to sew and then run errands and stop by the clinic for a pain shot.

I think baby Yoda is this year's hottest new toy. They will be everywhere, on everything. And in a year or two at every garage sale and flea market, lol. Disney sure knows how to sell toys.

Need to look and see what vegetables we have left, so I can pick up something if we need anything. No sense making an extra trip tomorrow if I'm going past the store today.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A few years ago it was Sheriff Callie toys and cartoons. It was really funny because our cat Callie is marked almost the same as the toy (a calico cat.) I showed a picture to the vet and she thought it was funny too. Still eating leftover sides, I bought 2 meat items on sale since hubby refuses any more turkey, so he is grilling tonight.