2019 Frugal Challenge - Page 99
Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1614
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, glad you could get a pain shot today, hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.

I got a free 3 lb. bag of dog food at Meijer with mperks. Also picked up some Dry Mouth mouthwash for Dh which was b1g1f. The day started out with peeks of sun but that didn't last long. I am so tired of every day looking like 5:00 pm no matter what time it is. I long for the sun!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Remember Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel movie)? I wanted a Groot. Never got one, though. They are too cute.

DH reminded me that DS2 must send holiday cards to anyone that gave him a scholarship. So, I got more cards today and will have him do that after finals. He types up a small letter and photocopies it and places it in the card. I think there will be 3 sponsors this time.

I got some heirloom tomatoes to put on BLT's for dinner. I even got yellow heirlooms. I have no idea what they taste like and hope the fam is willing to try them.

I got my tires air filled and rotated for free at Discount tires. I almost paid $20 for rotation at a local shop if I didn't ask around!

Very cold and rainy. It melted a lot of snow. Good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cold, but sunny here. The decorating is done. I have a few ornaments that need a little repair and the floor to clean. Going to Kroger’s today and doing a little shopping. Got to buy some paint to repaint my thread rack.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sunny but cooler today. Not sure what it's going to do. Plan on staying home.

Ru, yellow tomatoes taste like regular tomatoes, but may be a bit less acidic. I like them for a little color diversity.

Guess I will put away the fall table centerpiece so we can put up our tiny tree this weekend. Need to make a December calendar and do next week's menu plan.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still sunny, hasn't warmed up. Been puttering around doing small chores. Leftover paper plates from Thanksgiving got put away, and I found some christmas ones from last year to use up. Hung a stained glass tree in the front window. It was a gift from a friend last year. Found the furniture marker and have been going around rubbing it on all the scratches. Doors and frames, too. Can't imagine how stuff gets so beat up. Put out the holiday cards that have been arriving. The cats like to play and knock those down. Found the holiday cross stitch kit I was looking for back in October.

Took a freezer/pantry inventory. Plenty of food in there, just need to figure out what to do with it. Got out a big pack of chicken wings for dinner. Was going to have a bbq this summer, but it never seemed like the right time. It was the biggest thing in the freezer, so it gets used first. Lots of beans, rice, pasta, noodles, etc to go with that, just need to pick one.

Feeling better today, the prednisone shot is working. My knees don't scream when I stand up and my hands don't look like puffed up danish pastries.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a ride to the parade on Saturday so I don't have to drive myself the whole way. I offered to pay for the parking garage (which I would have done if I drove myself anyway). After the parade I hope to have enough energy to make fruitcakes. I have all the ingredients now. Been working on a cross-stitch UFO, that should be finished this weekend also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yum, fruitcake. I haven't made any in a couple of years. I'll ask DH if he wants any. I'm sure I have a lot of old dried fruit in the pantry. It always rehydrates nicely in the rum.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- Glad you're feeling better! I'm like you, LOL. I touch up floors, doors, window sills, repaint walls, trim, etc....I like things to look new, what can I say? Those yellow tomatoes did taste the same as red ones and I'd buy them again...DS2 seemed to like them as well.

Ran errands today. Will take DS2 to exams tomorrow and drop me off at the spa as I've had this GC for a few years now....I'll spend it on a foot paraffin bath and lotions.

When our job re-negotiated our contract for medical/dental/vision, I heard we got better dental benefits and fillings would be covered. I called benefits today to find out and Nope.....Same plan. Only cleanings and a few x-rays are covered. Nothing more...So, I have to go buy a dental discount plan as I know I need fillings and at $400 each, maybe buying a discount plan will help. I did this once before and the plan cost me $100 and saved me $100 on a filling. It was a wash. But I need more this time, so no choice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You might also check with your dentist and see what kind of payment plans they offer. Sometimes they do financing. And of course, if you have a health savings plan, you can use that toward dental.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH- Thanks for the advice and ideas. I don't have a HSA and couldn't get one from my job. I did look at the dentist's website to see what dental plans are accepted and that's how I came up with buying this dental discount plan. Living with autoimmune illness that causes lose of functioning organs and more decline as I age, my health is very expensive. I use and pay dearly for all benefits. DH never believed how bad my diseases were until recently. As my bills are mounting. This year has been rough and I see next year as being the same. Looking at me, nobody at work or in acquaintance would ever imagine my issues. That's good, I guess, but financially, it is a burden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Accidentally left a chicken out last night and it’s head and wing were left outside the pen this morning. Grandsons spent the night and took them to a local gameroom and dinner. After they left this morning, I started doing laundry and wrapping presents.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The parade was fun and the fruitcakes are in the oven. Those were my 2 goals for the day. Probably knitting and a book this evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sorry to hear about your chicken. lol I don't do anymore then you guys do or did at my stage of life. plus usually a few days of stuff I post. plus joys of being online shopping is easy. used my rewards miles since they had get an extra movie ticket w that came w the 4 pack so did that.

trying to keep up with the hallmark movies and books. before pvr runs out of room.so many! just watched last holiday like that one. now a dvd from library scary stories to tell in the dark. made chicken soup and carrot soup ..had two stewing hens frozen together so big batch. froze some so far. but not enough small containers. of course laundry housework etc. washed our blankets and put the xmas blanket on. straightened our room and dusted still cluttered but better. all the presents are in there too. not a big house too.

helped w scouts popcorn bought some caramel popcorn and nuts .. and grocery shopped again..only needed bread and creamo but they had single entrees good ones on clearance, got some sushi and half price advent calendars got kids kinder ones $5 each and me $8 cadburys heros one. plus seasoned pork buttons marked down too for dinner tomorrow.

raining and grey so suppose to clear up tomorrow and the boys can decorate the house outside and I can deal w inside. still need to do cards too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro you are being a good parent having your child send cards to those who helped with scholarship!!!! I feel the kids nowadays get gifts for graduating, etc. and never send thank you....heck I bet I could count on my one hand how many thank you's from newlyweds, new babies, graduates, etc. and I've sent probably 30 or 40 in the last ten years......now if I send a wedding gift and I don't get a thank you, when that baby comes around or new house etc., don't expect a gift from me. My niece came right out and said "don't expect my kids to send you a thank you." My reply was hope your kids don't expect anything from me cause they won't be getting anything!!! EVER.....

CH do you have RA????? I have RA and my meds are out of sight....only reason my husband still works....and I understand when you say people have no idea what you are going thru....we put a smile on our face and go about our business but inside we are hurting like heck....I find stress throws me into a flare so I try to be stress free as much as possible....ten years ago I was using a walker and cane and just inches from wheelchair when I started my shots....took about six months but I'm up and walking.....

Fruit cake sounds good if its homemade or from Collins Bakery....my husband really likes it...

Outside still has fall décor up....got to get husband to take it down...all the Christmas stuff is in attic and don't think he will be too happy having to bring it down....will try to get grandson to come help....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- Sorry about the chicken.

BookwormPeg- I had the kids send out Christmas Thank-You's since they could write. And they used to write much more when younger. Now, they must call the people at Christmas and birthdays instead of writing. But certain things must be written and scholarships are often times, from those that they have never met... Calling a phone operator or headquarters isn't going to get the job done, IMO. And here's a story just to show what kind of kid mine is, He tried out for a Eagle Scout Scholarship. It was pages and pages and many letters of recommendations and essays and volunteer work.... The state BSA chose the winner and the top 2 finalists. There was a state recognition ceremony and an offer to go out to dinner with the staff. You know who showed up? My kid. Nobody else. And the winner got $10,000. But it wasn't our son. Nice, huh? A kid wins $10,000 and can't even show up to the event!! And how about his parents or is that a reflection of how the parents would treat this kind of scholarship? In my world, gratitude should be expressed ALL the time. Because nobody has to give us anything. Enough of my rant.....

DS2 has finals all next week and is sweating the one he had today. I hope he did ok. While he was testing, DH and I walked through an outside Kringle market and the German food smelled amazing. I was hoping to see authentic woolen items from Germany but instead, they were made in china.