2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 113
Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1831
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom, Mcalister has a salad called pecanberry salad....it has chicken, strawberries, blueberries and candied pecans....it is delicious...the dressing is raspberry pecan vinigrette....so good....I think it's never too late to start eating better....I say it everyday as I'm reaching for the cookie jar....

It's getting a little cooler now but suppose to be back to the 90's next week.....

Made an appointment to have my blood work done next week as I have a dr. appt. first week in October....

Sounds like you have a little chef there Jetts....

My sister sent me a huge box of toys, stuffed animals, socks and toys for my shoeboxes....I thought I was done...lol....so back to packing more boxes....have plenty of stuff to make some great boxes....

I can not believe Sept. is almost over.....time is flying by which is great in some ways but in others not so much....our numbers are still up. I did go to Big Lots on Sunday and walked around...everyone had masks and were good about staying away....wasn't comfortable but I either have to get out or go crazy.....will talk to doctor when I see her....we seem to be hitting a second round here....this is not how I plan on spending my golden years....and I'm sure there are thousands who are with me on this...

We keep our freezer in the garage and few weeks ago it was running all the time and the top was hot so husband put a fan directed at it and he keeps the fan running all the time ........I think freezer had to work too hard....let's face it we have had weeks/months of high 90 and 100 degrees weather.....after all it is Texas....

Have a great weekend....stay safe...stay healthy....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to a pumpkin village display at the Dallas Arboretum today and then to look for a mixer like I want. Nothing at home today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Still rainy & cool but supposed to warm up by Monday. Washing a lot of dad's clothing for donation pickup Tuesday. He had a Woolrich parka which seems to fit me so I will be washing and checking for repairs. My old Woolrich parka lasted 30+ years but needs to be replaced. Lucky find. There is a bit of leftover grilled chicken, may assemble small batch of chicken noodle soup for supper. I hope everyone has a good day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice find on the jacket, Dlr. I should get some laundry started here, too.

It's another beautiful day in paradise. Can't ask for better weather. Time to check for tomatoes and peppers again, and maybe pick some oregano to dry. Going to be very warm this weekend, then a change of seasons for Monday.

I went out yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the nice day. Picked up an order from the hobby shop and hit one of the small fabric stores, too. Was able to find things at the larger asian grocery that the small one I usually shop has been out of. That expands our menu choices a bit.

I've been saving chicken bones all summer. Have been buying the bone-in breasts and roasting or grilling them. Should be good flavor when the time comes. Tonight I'm going to pull some leftover bbq brisket out of the freezer and heat up corn and beans to go with it. Then figure out what next week's plan is.

Have a great day everyone.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny and really warm today. Dh and dgd are out staining the deck. It should be dry before it rains tomorrow.

Peg - yes that salad looks good, but I'm not a fan of blueberries. There's another one similar that looked good too. Yes, I reached for the cookies this morning for breakfast.

I good night's sleep was a big help. I was feeling pretty bad last night. I feel much better today. We ended up getting panda express for dinner last night. I opted for some healthier options. Too much food, so I'll eat that this afternoon or tonight. We'll make salad today too.

Mostly piddling around the house today. It's going to be too hot to do much outside except the deck. It's almost finished. We are going to look to see what's behind a wall in the kitchen. If there is just a foot of space, I'll take it. I could use some extra pantry space in the kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dlrcpa- That jacket was well worth the price after 30 years of service. Glad you were able to find another.
    CH- The asian markets sell things way cheaper than regular markets on alot of produce. It boggles my mind. We enjoy going there.

Back in May, I purchased a item for DS1's birthday. It was his big gift. Due to production issues, all I could give him was a photo of it and some lottery + gift card. Now, it's pushed off until April 2021 ! Then, I ordered a Christmas gift for him back in May and the same thing happened. Production is pushed off until December......I didn't want to give him a photo for Christmas since it was his big gift, so I bought an older version that is in stock. If the first choice gets shipped in time, great. If not, at least he has something similar. I was watching youtube videos on stocking stuffers and got some great ideas. So DS1 will get a travel cutlery set with chopsticks to put in his car. Eddie Bauer has car defoggers that are basically sponges to stop the windshield from fogging up. I'm debating on getting DS2 a school planner. He will have a lab next semester at least and when he had classes in-person, loved his planner. For $8, I don't know if he would want it but I also don't know if he will have more in-person classes next semester.

Hoping to get to the gym. Make pumpkin bread. Get to church. My sister ordered canned pumpkin from Walmart as she bakes a pumpkin pineapple raisin bread and sells it online... Walmart cancelled her order....She found some at Publix but I told her she will get a lot of orders since people will want that pumpkin treat and cans of pumpkin will be tough to find.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yikes that sucks rujerro. I understand the itch to go out. having that after being home for a few days. but to do something different movie, pub or something. pumpkin patches are opening etc. all outside easy social distancing. allergies ..the pills make me crave sugar more so lots of goodies. got dh to get me a dairy queen treat new..brownie oreo ice cream thingie.. on the way home last night.

I have a couple of cans of pumpkin from last year I need to use up. buying pumpkin pie is easier lol but since it is getting cooler time to start using the oven. have a couple of pumpkin loaf mixes too. want to try the krispy kreme pumpkin donuts so you know where I am going this weekend. only one here.

just been puttering and cleaning. still need to delcutter and clean up. get the box into car for thrift store instead of dining room chair. did a bunch of online shopping yesterday ..some presents. some for me. local chain having sale on international products so got some pantry stuff. stock up on olive oil. store pick up. tomato paste, olive oil,nutella, marmalade, etc. more wipes since they have them.
    so need to pick that up. and go to another store to get stuff they didn't have. looking at flyers for deals. 1.49 5lb potatoes etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woolrich coat washed nicely, just what I needed. I was pricing replacements (other brands like LL Bean) over the last 2 years but expensive and never spent the money. I just discovered there are old Woolrich coats on eBay reasonably priced. Don't know why I did not think to look there before.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rujerro, strangely our asian markets don't have good produce. Well, it is fresh enough, but not a good variety. Our location, I think. Lots of basics I cannot get at all like lemongrass and thai basil. I saw lots of potatoes, sweet potatoes and root vegs yesterday, no greens. If I can't grow it, I substitute.

I had a Woolrich coat for a long time. Zipper finally gave out, would not stay closed and I was not up for repairing that. Got a Columbia ski jacket a few years ago on sale. Mostly these days I avoid going out in the snow.

Have some pumpkin left from last year, too. I have a favorite cake recipe, and a cookie recipe, we're not into pie. Use it in my chili, too.

I'm making sure I have all my dry goods for Thanksgiving. Stuffing mix, frozen cranberries, canned pumpkin, boxed potatoes, frozen vegs, biscuit mix, etc. Already picked up two turkey breasts marked down over the summer. If I can't get fresh vegs, or get to a store we can manage.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom and I spend 6 hours deep cleaning my apartment yesterday. I still need to defrost my freezer. I’m surprised how dirty 375 ft2 can get. Found my bathroom still had old incandescent light bulbs and got LED bulbs instead.

I recently bought a $47 42” TV in a thrift shop. Got a HDMI cable and already had my mom’s Netflix login and my dad’s online tv channel login.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Not raining but humid outside. More laundry and swapping warmer clothing into closets. Running up & down stairs is today's exercise. Have some old sweat pants to cut into cleaning rags and try to make some swiffer-type mop covers. Lots of house and yard chores to do before it rains again on Tuesday. Hubby plans to grill steaks tonight. I hope everyone is well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary housewife— I’m going to dry some sage and chop basil to put in ice trays for the freezer. I rarely buy herbs anymore.

Dlrcpa— Great find on the coat. I very seldom wear a coat in Texas. I just layer clothing.

I haven’t noticed any shortage in pumpkin here. I always buy several to decorate with gourds for fall and then I roast them and put them in the freezer for the next year. I have used all I had from last year. Guess I better start stocking up if we see a decrease. The pumpkin village was incredibly beautiful and creative. Today I’m doing laundry and then going to make lasagne. We ate out all day yesterday. Not a frugal day, but much needed time outdoors. Ordered some lavender blossoms to make lavender lemonade. Had some yesterday and now I want more. Suppose to get rain tonight and then cooler temps. Guess I better start slowly bringing plants inside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine, how wonderful to have a clean apartment. It was nice of your mom to help. Great deal on the TV!

GB, I use a lot of herbs and spices when cooking. There are some salt-free blends I use every day, that I need to get more of soon. I can't grow enough. My sage and chives died last year. Wasn't able to get sage started this year, and the new chives is still tiny. Thyme doesn't survive the winter, so I replace it, and it doesn't get big enough to take a lot off of. Cheaper to buy a bottle, really. Mint, you know, can't kill it, but it will loose all it's leaves soon. About time to take down the basil and make pesto, and put the thai basil into ice cubes with olive oil. Never been able to keep dill or parsley alive. Lavender plant dried up, only one sprig still alive. Don't know if it will come back next year. I will save the dead branches because they smell lovely. Will be a nice little sachet for under my pillow.

Sounds like it is laundry day for everyone. I want to take the bedroom curtains down and wash the cat hair and dust off.

Rain coming in, supposed to get windy so I need to roll up the patio shade. Want to get down to the garden and check for tomatoes and peppers before it hits, maybe pull a couple beets and see if the yellow squash has produced anything this week.

Chicken and baked squash for dinner.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Weekend is gone.....can you believe September is over on Wednesday???? Still in red zone here so it looks like I'll be in till January at least.....

Our newspaper didn't get delivered today....I know everyone says read it online....I like having it next to my chair and holding it and turning the pages.....I'm old school....lol Now Walgreens don't even have a printed ad....you have to look at it online...I dislike it....

Having labs done on Tuesday as I have dr. appt. next week. Not sure if it will be virtual or in person....I hope whoever is taking my blood is experienced as I have veins not wanting to cooperate....use to have it done at doctor's office and same girl has been doing it for 17 years so this will be new to me. Not looking forward to it....

Suppose to get cold on Tuesday morning....not sure how cold but cold for us....

When restaurants were closed I was able to pick up pork roasts from a supply house. Decided to defrost it....its fully cooked and seasoned....I will be giving away a lot as it's huge.....

Hope everyone has a great week.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to the soup kitchen today. Then have to make a couple of stops before I get home. Baking salmon oranges and shallots for dinner. Starting back walking this evening since it is cooler.