2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 121
Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1890
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Voted yesterday via ballot box and dropped coats at the donation site. May go to grocery store for a few things, they are advertising store take & bake pizzas 2/$8. Bag of salad on the side and we should be good. Hubby was invited to tour a military troop ship plane with a group of men he knows so he is gone. Rainy today so I'll be inside sorting papers & donations, do laundry. We are still having temps around 60's and the heat pump is not running, thankful to conserve electricity and $$$. I hope everyone has a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dds test couldn’t be scheduled until today. I need something to occupy my time. DH works very late tonight. Thank all of you for prayers. I feel like my life is on a see saw. One minute things are great and next not so much. Sounds bipolar,but I know it’s just my reality. Today is DDs birthday. Makes me sad for her.

Dlrcpa— I live in skunk alley, so I know what that smell is like.

Sounds like fall has finally arrived for all. My windows are up and it was chilly getting up,but I like the fresh air.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got really cold last night. Dh had to shut the windows. We didn't turn the heat on yet. Still cool out. Picked up a grocery order from walmart this morning. Need to shower and then off the Aldi and one other store for the rest. I told dh after shopping at the one store for a few weeks, because of really good deals/coupons, I'm ready to get back to my Aldi shopping. It's a much smaller store and I've missed shopping there.

We let the puppy sleep outside of his crate last night. He did okay. A couple of times he "heard" something and started to bark or move around. Took a while to get him to settle down again. He's been sleeping in a soft side carrier on the bed next to me since we brought him home. He was so confused last night. Looking for his crate. He'll settle in quickly. So I'm tired today. Haven't slept well all week.

I'm watching the girls tonight. Dh may stay with me and let ds and his wife go by themselves. Ds wants dh to go and wife to stay home, but she thinks she knows about building a computer. It's for her, but she wants to act like she knows what's going on. I may need to take a nap before they come over. We'll be eating frozen pizza for dinner. I don't know if they'll come back and fix a pizza or stop and get something while they are out. I'm trying to come up with a mini road trip for myself. Dh can come, but it's going to be something I want to do. I'm not opposed to driving out to the Veterans cemetary where dh's brother is buried. It's a nice drive and a very beautiful place. I'll just have to look to see what there is and where we could take a drive. I know one highway going east is a nice drive. We used to drive it on Sunday now and then. It was always this time of year too. Dh has to work this weekend, so we won't be doing it this week and it's supposed to rain.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. Stay warm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was chilly this morning, DH put the heat on when he got up. We are due for a frost or freeze any night now. Otherwise it is sunny and mild and likely to stay that way a while.

Looking forward to a nice quiet day at home, but have to run to the hardware store later.

Yeah, most solar panels shut down when power goes out, unless you're on a stand-alone system. That's part of the reason DH hasn't bought into that yet. And they wanted to take down our maple trees so there'd be enough sunlight. No thanks.

Pizza for dinner tonight here, too. Got one from Aldi, they are pretty good for the price.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like fall is everywhere.....it's a little chilly here but suppose to warm up but don't think that is going happen........

Martha just remember 1+1 = 5 when it comes to your family drama.....sometimes you just have to let it go....I texted my daughter but she isn't looking at. All this over the darn election....we don't agree on things....how sad....Hope you husband has a good birthday.

Rujerro I do get my labs online but they won't let me look until dr. gets them. When she called me and I asked if she had them she hadn't gotten them and while I waited she had her front office get them....but I'm not too upset with her as years go I had infusions, 3 months worth, and she never charged me or the insurance company...so I can't complain....she is very aggressive with my treatment which I need to stay upright and walking. And, I like her....she always takes time with me and never makes me feel rushed....

GB your family is in my prayers....woke up in middle of night and prayed for your daughter....hard to focus when life throws you a curve.....I think 2020 has been the year of ups and downs and mostly downs for everyone....hang in there...

Dlr I'm sure the coats will be appreciated.....

Jetts hope you get out for a nice drive....husband and I joke about route 105 and our car having relationship since we seem to always end up on 105.....

Pizza for dinner tonite....

Got word from director that they decided not to have tables set up for homeless lunch....I'm glad I didn't go out and buy the plates etc. They will be filling to go plates in the back and the homeless will take and eat at their camp...no room for social distances at the center....I am making the salad for the lunch and found 22 round take out bowls with lids....I need 30...going to ask grandson if he has any....I had a case awhile back but started giving them away....isn't that always the way it happens....too many...not enough.....may have to order from Amazon....have square ones but told husband I don't want to confuse the people putting the bags together....will see how it goes....
    Hope everyone has a great weekend....stay safe....stay warm...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks bookworm I know avoid drama! first season of bdays etc after mil death and things settled. Sil is banned from my life but every birthday brings it up since first year after mil.. is she going to try to interfere, cus trouble. like if you aren't interested in the kids fine but don't lie to everyone and say I ban her or something. it is all the lying etc that gets me going still. but she will die alone and unloved so karma. and you know don't mess with my babies lol figuring out how to unfollow some relatives etc in the new fb so don't have too see anything. last on that subject!

dh had a good birthday not like we would have done a big party or anything. normally just family dinner or go out to restaurant. he doesn't want a huge fuss. liked his gifts. ds has half day of school today and dd still in sick mode. rescheduled her english test yesterday for next week.

cats unhappy because lots of rain today. too much to even sit outside in the chair. need to bring in houseplant that was part of a summer planter. getting chilly at night. lysol wiping cus I don't want the kids colds! lots of leftovers so don't need to cook. just run dishwasher etc. got cheap tixs to see beetlejuice this sunday. kids will be better. even with social distancing and cleaning no one wants cold germs. this theater has reclining seats and even under normal situations rows are far apart. still had $10 on a gift card from xmas time.

decluttering pvr lol dd watching pokemon movie now. watched the 2 matchmaker hallmark mysteries from spring too..needs better scripts. but hallmark puts out a lot so always something. saw familiar places. Angela Landsbury is 95 today! saw her trending on twitter and thought maybe she passed but just a milestone birthday.

heat is on though not that low of temp high 50s but rain makes it chilly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- It's tiring when pets don't sleep well and keep their owners awake or guests. My mom's pet would run through the house all night when I visited and growl at the corners of the bedroom. Or I'd visit my cousin and her young cat would jump on /off the bed or swat my feet when I tried to get out of bed. It was exhausting.

I told DH I'd make stuffed cabbage and had no intention of making it at 1 am and then putting in the crockpot. But, I got going and just decided I may as well keep going....The only issue is that I never make enough. Everyone wants a heaping plate full and if the cabbage leaves are big, then the rolls are big. They ended up being the size of 3 large eggs laying end to end. But it's all about quantity with them. I'll tell DH to get a loaf of bread or something.

I found a box of Betty Crocker chocolate chip muffin mix marked down to $1.39. I got it for the church bake sale. DS2 made chocolate babka once and it was quite good. I said he should make it for the sale but he said, "Mom, you know that takes a lot of time." Doesn't all baking take time? I made loaves of French bread the last time as well as lemon cakes and cupcakes.......::

DS1 is giving me his old computer and says to take care of it. I ordered a protective film for the keyboard. He says it's really nice and will be very fast as he is a IT guy and quite up to date on electronics. I'm just glad it was free.

I called the solar company to see if we could get a backup system for our home solar panels in case there's a power outage. Yes, they do sell a system that will run about 10 hours and last 15 years. To the tune of $11,000. DH said no way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chilly here. Doing laundry and that’s about it. Going to eldest Dgd’s soccer game this evening. It’s indoor so no weather worry. DD is feeling a bit better. Had her test yesterday and waiting for results.
    I made a striped Brie and had honey crisp apples with a wheat baguette and invited the neighbor ladies to porch sit. One neighbor brought peach wine and we stayed out for 3 hours. Think we are going to make this a weekly thing.

Jettsmom—we have all the windows opened and haven’t used any heat or air in awhile. Hope we see a huge difference in our bill.

Martha first—Hang in there! What goes around, comes around. Just be happy and everything else will take care of itself. I know. Been there, done that.

Everyone stay safe and have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool, cloudy, and windy today. Did not get anywhere near freezing like they said last night. We brought all the plants in. Now, for the next few weeks they will go out on warm days and back in at night. Heat was on earlier, 68F in the house.

Showed DH how to make mini blueberry muffins with a mix, and doctor it up a little. They came out good.

GB, you sure know how to throw a party! Hope the weather for your porch gatherings remains pleasant. DH and I miss our monthly dinners with friends, but too chancy.

Our cats used to cry at night when they were younger, but they've gotten used to the fact they aren't getting in the bed room. They settle down on their own now.

Going to see if we have any bone-in chicken breast left. For a while I could not find boneless anywhere. Would be a good night to roast it for dinner. Then use leftovers for soup tomorrow.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks grammar yes you are right just going though the waiting for the other shoe to drop phase. it will get better. wish I was a man sometimes this stuff doesn't bug them as much lol.

well I am well trained by pets lol they have to have manners etc but they sleep with us and the kids. .no tables or counters are our rule. mister I never wanted cats now can't sleep without his cat beside him..who only likes guys so mostly w dh or ds. they learn not to sleep at my feet cus don't mean too but you will go flying.

all baking takes time! lucky to have bakeries etc that sell choc babkla cabbage rolls etc so if anyone has a yearning can buy it. cabbage rolls nope not here.. stuffed peppers another one. they will never know lol unless someone else makes it. reminds me still need to pick the rest of the apples off the tree.

rained stopped mid afternoon so cats happy to go out. roofers never came...and not raining today but overcast. made lentil soup..started it early..crows got all the fat bits etc from ham and then the bone etc after soup was done. pulled out stuff in the back of the pantry narrow and deep.. one box of quaker instant oats exp 2019 so thinking if I can recycle for the birds gingerbread spice .. the other exp early this year so still ok. instant grits flavoured packs I never tried yet exp feb this year so still good.

ds has martial arts 4 times a week now so had that. he is over the cold. got cheap movie tix for tomorrow too. still leftover cake too so no more cooking today. dh realized his car insurance was expired so did that and coffee w friend. both dh and I didn't sleep well so pvr'd shows, dvds and netflix. when on and put more on my list to watch. always too much to watch. but cheap for what you get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Hubby announced yesterday he has a sore throat. So I am staying away from him in the house, eating & sleeping separately, etc. I think he is going to the walk-in clinic so they can look. I feel fine. I hope everyone else is well.
    I spent yesterday at dad's house packing things, cleaning and clearing weeds and brush from around the outside heat pump units. I want to get that HVAC serviced and checked. Today more laundry. I am in 4th hour of the 40+ hour audio-book. The narrator is very good and enjoyable. Frozen meatloaf for supper since I don't want to go in store until we know what hubby's problem is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took the granddog for a walk. It is windy, but warmer today. Going to work on cross stitch and porch sit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Chilly, windy and grey here. Looks like a storm moving in, but no, just passing with no rain. Weather guy did it again last night, mentioned fire risk due to drought and chances of snow in the same breath.

Dlr, hope your hubby only has a little sinus/allergy problem that goes away. I've had sneezing, sore throat and burning eyes, looks like a cold, but just allergies. Meatloaf sounds nice for this time of year.

Picked a lot of jalapenos on Friday, already dried one sheet pan. Going to do another sheet of either tomatoes or chilis today. If I get really motivated I may try digging the sweet potatoes. I have no idea if they are ready, and the ground is rock hard because it has not rained in a month.

Leftover muffins for breakfast, and leftover pizza for lunch. Cooked extra chicken last night so I can shred it into wild rice soup tonight. Good day to stay at home. Have to go out tomorrow morning, will do any shopping then. DH is out of milk.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As my son used to say, it's a droozy day. Slept in. Felt great. Dh went to work, but will be back for lunch/dinner. Ds and family will be over too. Dgd helped me put taco soup in the crockpot yesterday before she left and mixed the fruit for ambrosia. She gets these wild ideas and wants to cook something. We'll add the whipped cream and marshmallows when she gets here. I also have to read a book to her. She wanted to read it yesterday as they were getting ready to leave. I promised we'd read it today.

Watching the girls was okay. Youngest was getting tired toward the end and wanted mama. We played where's grandma with a newspaper. She was laughing so hard. It kept her distracted. Dh stayed home with me. It helped for each to have one on one time too. Oldest spent the night, and fell asleep pretty fast.

Should be a fairly quiet day. Stopped at home depot last night to get some fencing. Going to section off behind the shed, so the dogs can't get back there. They eat the acorns that fall, then puke in the house. It will also help cut down on the barking. Probably work on that tomorrow. May do a load of laundry today. Pretty uneventful weekend. That's a good thing sometimes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby went to walk-in clinic, they said take Claritin, probably a cold? I'm just annoyed because if he can pick up a cold due to going out/so many places then he could also pick up the corona virus just as easily. I stay home but he has to go out. So of course he went to the store to get the Claritin and snacks for himself but did not get milk which is almost gone. He has shopped 3 times in the last 4 days but no milk.