2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 124
Page 124 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2474114121122123124125126127134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2103
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's so cold. Not fair to tease us with mid 80's and then drop to the 30's. Going to pick up a walmart grocery order and stop and one store for a couple of things. Walmart doesn't sell the bread we like. Bought a loaf from Aldi last week. We had been eating a lot of toast. Even dgd. That bread was good for toast. Wasn't too bad for a sandwich either. I'll check to see what fruit they have too.

Tonight, dgd and I will finish the pinata. I was able to set it outside for a bit yesterday. Kinda stuck it in the tomato cage to keep it from blowing away. I think it's dry. We'll decorate the outside. I'm just going to paint it with a light coat of glue and put orange tissue paper on it. Won't be doing much today. Too cold and wet. I think tomorrow will be a little warmer. Hope to get outside and do a few things before it snows next week. Dgd is supposed to go visit her nana next week. I bet they cancel because of the weather. I hope so. She doesn't like going there. She does have fun, but she'd rather stay at home with daddy.

Not sure what we'll eat tonight. Maybe frozen pizza. I do have a free pizza at domino's. Maybe order in. Need to warm up the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- wish we had Aldi here. The family eats a lot of bread and we've been out. Found 1/2 loaves on clearance and onion rolls. Froze some but DH said he needed deli meat for the onion rolls. So got that tonight too.

Martha- I voted too. Ballots will be delivered so no worry about the post office being slow. Someone mentioned catnip here- My cat's eyes would cross and his tail twitched with it. Then he would be unruly. He was a wonderful cat in every way. Acted like a lap dog and watch dog and gave us things he caught. He would push the bathroom door open and wait until shower was done. Or sleep on my hair (very long).

I came home and made a apple pie. DS2 said he wants a lot of cinnamon. I said I thought I covered it with a lot. He said, no, he wants so much cinnamon that when the wind blows on it, there's cinnamon dust everywhere.....So, I added much more. Now it oozed on to the oven bottom and will be a mess to clean ...::

Expecting snow tonight. Weather channel said to watch the news as it could change total snowfall and temps. It's always a 50/50 shot on if the weatherperson is right. One year they said to expect a dusting and we got 42". I just get ready for anything no matter what they say.

I have a ham thawing but forgot potatoes. They're on sale, although not a great sale. I see that fresh romaine lettuce is $2.19 each. It used to be half that price.

Our church bake sale got cancelled. Lady in charge said it was for personal reasons ....It's the biggest fundraiser of the year so I'm surprised it's cancelled.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It’s cold and wet here, but suppose to be in the 80s tomorrow. Going to DG to penny shop later. Didn’t know it existed. Doing laundry and later going to watch eldest Dgs play soccer. It is indoor thank goodness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cold and windy here. They say it got to 32 early this morning, but my weather station shows no lower than 40F at our place. The coleus plants look fine. DH brought my 4ft tall basil plant in last night, just in case. It's going into the food processor today. Weather prediction is for 0-7" of snow tomorrow or Monday. We are right on the line, so it may be all or nothing, or something in between. I may end up going to the store today or tomorrow instead of Monday, since the first storm of the season is sure to make the roads awful.

Rujerro, I am also waiting for a good potato sale. Usually by September they are 99c for a 5lb bag. Got a couple boxes of "au gratin" instant potatoes on sale a couple weeks ago but DH wants baked and stuffed potatoes. We will do a whole bag and freeze them if I can get any.

Surprised your bake sale can't go on. Nobody to step in and take over I suppose.

Soup for dinner, from the freezer. Not sure if it is squash or lentil. Leftover pasta and meatloaf if DH doesn't like it. Got to menu plan for next week. Wanted to smoke a pork shoulder this weekend, but wasn't expecting it to be this cold and wet.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So cold today. Saw the sun peek through for a few minutes. Didn't sleep well again. Don't know what the deal is. Dgd spent the night and fell asleep quick. We are letting her fall asleep on the couch while we watch TV and then carry her into the bedroom. Works great. We didn't get the pinata done. I just didn't feel well last night. I was looking around the house for some orange paint, just to get it done quick, but no luck. I told her I'd get the orange on it this week and she can put the face on when she gets back. She was happy with that. Said it was a good idea. We read some books before she went home. She's going to nana's this week. Sure going to miss her.

Not doing much today. Thawing a turkey from the freezer. Dh will have lunch and dinner for most of the week. For dinner tomorrow I'll make rice and a vegetable. Maybe some stuffing if I have any. It will just be ds tomorrow. Tonight we are going out for BBQ. Sounds good right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

rujerro forgot to sign up for mail in voting. the election didn't have to happen got called so shorter time frame. but the polls aren't that busy. maybe the bake sale doesn't fall under covid rules? don't think it would here. Scouts can't do popcorn sales, apple days.. guides w cookies only online. did feel kinda guilty cus one guy came by to talk politics and I had been interrupted enough yesterday. like can I have at least half hour so said no.automatically..only got up because if it is a package they ring doorbell. he looked crestfallen too to walk in the nasty weather... actually voting for his party.

sunny but cold here almost 40.. cats in and out etc and everyone on my last nerve cus not enough coffee !! keep trying but..interruptions. dh wanted to go out w his sister after his friend and I was no cus all day he is gone and stuff needs doing.another time and if she couldn't be bothered all year until it is close to her bday to go out..they are about a month apart but it is all about her. didn't care about ds bday last month or dd next. plus she is a known germ spreader. I was nice about it but seriously and then I would hear about how he had too much to do tomorrow. basement needs redoing and halloween stuff out. plus since cold snap early outdoor stuff. so he can go in a couple of weeks.

have frozen pizza sitting in the freezer think good idea for dinner since needs using and think extra teens here. ds out w friend and they took the recyclables back for money. so that is done. plans changed no cousin so will see. broke the toothbrush holder on the way to put it in the dishwasher so not a set anymore. time for some pills for my hands today. plus on the news nanamio bar whiskey out so need to try some of that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still warm here but supposed to be colder Sunday. Got yard work done around the area where gas meter dug up this summer, they put the dirt rocks and grass back pretty haphazardly so I tried to straighten that out. Sorted some of the things for donation pickup on Tuesday. Baked a carrot cake from scratch and canned frosting. Took 7 tennis balls to recycle bin at the tennis court, I have no idea how they would recycle tennis balls. If we want any I just hunt in the woods around the tennis courts, always find a few.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Sunday Morning! Another droozy day here, waiting for the snow to come. Slept well last night. Slept in too. Woke up to a pee smell. Realized it's coming from the bed, where ds' dog peed last week. Dh said it's time for a new bed. I agree. I wake up so sore in the mornings. It's not very comfortable anymore. I hope to find a mattress that's more like the one on ds' old bed. It's still nice.

Got the turkey in the oven. Will make a pot of rice. Found a box of stuffing mix and frozen broccoli. In a few hours we'll have dinner. Easy for me. Dh will have plenty of turkey all week for lunches. I can have some turkey sandwiches too. Probably freeze the rest for soup or casserole. Going to take it easy today.

Worked on the pinata. I was just going to have dgd put clue all over and slap some tissue paper on, but I should have painted it first. The print is showing through the tissue paper. Now I know why people do it the way they do online. Oh well. I'll put another layer of tissue paper on and call it good. It's going to get smashed anyway. I have a couple more games to work on. Maybe during the football game I'll work on them. Thought about an egg hunt too, but we'll see how the weather will be by then. May just make a big bucket for them full of goodies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH hope the snow is not too bad. Rainy and chilly here. Teenage boys were coming to split logs from tree cut down 10 days ago, but now postponed for 2 weeks. I sewed a cross-stitch piece into a simple table runner, suitable for Thanksgiving. Need to work on dad's papers. Thawing frozen lasagne for supper along with salad. Everyone stay warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cold and drizzling today. Really glad for the electric blanket DH ordered. I still wake up achy from arthritis, but at least I am not tensed up into a frozen ball all night. They are still predicting 0-7" of snow, guess we'll find out tomorrow morning.

Brought 10-12 unripe tomatoes and a couple of peppers in from the garden last night. Most of them have some color so they should ripen on the counter, though the flavor won't be as good as if they'd stayed in the garden another week. Too bad we have an early winter this year.

DH got rid of 3 large boxes of military history books that used to belong to his dad (WW2/Korea vet). Passed them on to a guy who said his son is a soldier and likes reading. Glad they found a good home.

I went shopping for milk, bread, cat food, etc. Butter was 1.99. Frozen vegs $1. Ice cream was $1.99 and the freezer case just about emptied out, but I got 2 we like. Probably save the vanilla for Thanksgiving. Paid for the groceries for the woman in front of me. She was trying to buy mac&cheese, canned tuna, and canned beans and her EBT card had run out. I said I'd pay for it. Nobody should have to stand in line deciding what food they can't afford.

Jetts, turkey and stuffing sounds good. I love stuffing with gravy. The kids will have a blast with the pinata, regardless of what it looks like.

Dlr, we'll be ok. Roads around here usually clear quickly, being in the city. I live near a school so our street gets plowed if it's bad. I won't have to go out for a few days now, too.

L/o sloppy joes and baked beans for dinner. Will see if DH is up for more than that. Maybe a sliced tomato or an apple.

Stay warm everyone!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my heating pad has been on for a few weeks in my side of couch but not yet in bedroom. dh is a furnace so not yet though getting chilly! that was sweet of you ch to pay for her. those prices are great!

never made dinner last night just leftovers still..leftover pasta to racoons. dh ate some lunchmeat that was out of date but unopened..said smell and see..well didn't agree with him this morning and he is not feeling well. so crows got it and some bread for the seagull that showed up. gave away some stuff ..picked up this morning.. went though halloween costumes to give away too. kids ones. may go shopping today but will see. or watch horror movies all day. should bake some squash and pie pumpkin to use it up. plus oven would warm up house.

something easy in the oven for dinner. was going to do something with the shrimp but think dh wouldn't be up to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It’s drizzlyhere. DH got the wood brought up to the patio and the garden cleaned and tilled. I made apple oatmeal muffins and then dilled carrot salad and BBQ meatballs for dinner. Our neighbor smoked a brisket and sent some over. Guess that will be dinner tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- My family loves a tender smoked brisket...
    Martha- I hope your DH is feeling better.
    CH- That was so sweet of you to pay for that lady's food. My dad was a WW2 and Korean vet as well. I have his old Britannica encyclopedia set from 1941. We used to use it for school reports and one year, a teacher complained that it was too old. So, dad saw that the supermarket was offering a book-by-book encyclopedia set whereby if you purchase $25 in food, you get a free book to the set. Each week offered the next book. So, he got the set. That was back in 1982.
    Jett- Our mattress is 27 years old. My back used to bother me. We would flip it and spin it.....Finally, my sister got me a memory foam topper and I haven't had a problem. I got one for each kid as well.

The furnace died. DH thought it was the ignitor again. This happened 10 years ago. DH got it to run for nearly a week until techs could come out as he didn't want to pay a surcharge for after hours. Well, it happened again but it's harder to get running. I had enough as it's snowing and 15 degrees outside. The emergency crew was busy so I must wait until tomorrow. I have a feeling we need a new one as this one is nearly 20 years old.

I made a ham and flavored rice for dinner. I baked the chocochip muffin mix that was meant for the bake sale. I vacuumed, ran the dishwasher 3x today and did laundry. I moved a lot of boxes away from the furnace for the repairman tomorrow but the basement still looks frightful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to the soup kitchen today. I’m sure we will be busy since it is cold and rainy. Leftovers for dinner tonight. Everyone stay warm and have a good week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Windy and snowing this morning. Supposed to get worse before it gets better, but only 1-3" expected. We are buttoned up warm inside and not going anywhere. Already seen people driving without windows cleared off, and driving too fast for the weather.

DH ate the leftover meatloaf for breakfast so I guess we are having oatmeal for dinner.

Ru, sorry to hear about the furnace. Hope you can get it fixed before you freeze. Our furnace is old, too, but I try to get it serviced every year or two. Except this year we have't had anything done.

Not much going on here this week. Storage unit is still not emptied and we are going on 9 months. Not much I can do about that today.

Will putter around and do small jobs while watching it snow. Did something to my back yesterday while cleaning the bathroom. Ugh. DH rubbed it out, it's still a little sore. No bending over today.

Got a pack of ham slices that has been opened, will heat that up for dinner, with potatoes and broccoli.

Everyone keep safe and warm.

Use it up, Wear it out,