2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 127
Page 127 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128129130137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2283
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take vitamin D and calcium daily along with elderberry syrup for my immune system.

Going to GS’s soccer game then coming home and prepping for the neighbors to sit around a fire pit in the driveway tonight. Made and decorated sugar cookies and going to make hot apple cider. Put goodie bags together for the neighbor kids. Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby was supposed to work today but the guy had equipment problems so canceled. I wonder if I can get him to do any small chores around here.
    Pulled pork chops from the freezer so he can grill. I was going to make veg soup but can postpone that. Started bread machine. I plan to clean the deck chairs and bring them inside today, not going to sit outside any more. 38 degrees this morning. I must have got into poison ivy working in dad's yard Wednesday. Just a few inches on one forearm but itchy! Ugh, just read it can last 2-3 weeks. Have a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

isn't it funny what you can and can't get at places. clam chowder I can get here no problem. hope everyone is feeling better. poison ivy ouch! yes I like my heating pads. dh runs very hot so don't need heating pad in bed yet. here we don't have really high temps only in summer, up to 90s in summer but we have lots of humidity. looked at weather online 47% 78% humidity. but w the sun coming in the front window temp set at 72 and hasn't come on yet.

dh was suppose to have dentist appt but they always push ..texted him that his insurance wouldn't cover his latest cleaning..he is one of those they schedule and he shows up without question. $325 was the quote and he was no. why only took kids there for a short time. would schedule checkup/cleaning and they would say 2 separate appts and I am like no ..no one else ever did that. kids never have had cavities etc. most places look at your insurance and schedule to fit like once a year or 9 months. some if you don't have insurance then it is magically you are suppose to have cleanings and checkups every 4 months if they can rope you in. funny think his place isn't liked cus he never gets crowns etc approved but I always do though I dont' do it.

but dry and lovely for halloween ..all the fall foliage etc. but sat, full moon , time change ..will be interesting. rules are no big indoor parties. outside small groups trick n treating. but don't think we will get as many kids most not allowed. but have some treat bags made up more inflatable decor to go up. dh may have to get more batteries. we have a lot of halloween stuff. but fireworks and drinking w senior neighbour is always on the agenda after last of the trick and treaters. 830 usually. we have eaten lots of mini choc bars here and will get half price ones after halloween lol 3 boxes gone here.

snow is fun but yes nice to look at lol plus here we have lots of hills etc. people aren't good drivers in the first place here so add snow..an inch world goes sideways. rain is the norm here and chilly w wind so heat goes up. snow insulates.

kids will have couple friends over and think will dress up and sit in front yard ..in my cinderella costume and wig plus the fluffy pink shrug I made w neighbour and drink. have stuff to use up so will make sangria. frozen fruit, red wine etc. had one work meeting and the other place stuff didn't come in so ended up at a store chain I shop at but this was a newer one.. nice and big. so ended up shopping there. a branch of my bank was there too needed to deposit cheque. got pops, chips, bread, etc but they had more british stuff and a brand of nice cookies which I haven't had since peek freans stopped them. coconut sugar cookies. some stuff kids can eat from freezer like pizza bites. did get myself a bunch of flowers too .can't have mums in the house now cus my nose doesn't like it. but astromaria and roses.

dh out for coffee, ds stayed up too late so don't care has to be up for taeknowdo and get stuff out of attic. did laundry yesterday. will put a bunch of stuff in office etc. don't feel like doing a cleanup declutter today. didn't sleep well.

second halloween w/o mil ..was always a special day for her and us. ch , i watch all the hallmark movies that are shown up here. tape them cus some I fast forward though. love the mystery series. have so many on pvr plus everything else and the movies etc taping for halloween. we haven't seen some movies like the remake of the fly for decades so will watch. plus all the dvds from library too. not counting netflix etc. think we could spend a month straight watching stuff and nothing else. not that will happen lol though everyone assumes have been home not working with the virus. at least some goals are happening and nothing until dd bday at the end of the month of nov. bought a game from amazon and turns out dd has it ds said so well into the gift box.

still have decluttering plenty of craft kits etc cus time flies and oops that I got a few years ago lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Beautiful Halloween day. We had our party. The girls seem to have fun. Of course they loved all the candy. Oldest dgd spent the night and wanted to do her makeup this morning. I told her she was beautiful without it, but then said it's Halloween, go for it. She came out as a zombie. Funny girl. They decorated cookies. We had nachos, corn bread and fruit cups. Dgd made the fruit cups. We won't be giving out candy. The girls took it all home. They played one game until it was all gone. We'll put a sign up. I really don't want to give out candy anyway. It's hard with the small dogs. They bark and try to get out the door. Then who know who might have covid. Not taking any chances. We'll go get dgd later to spend the night again. She can help me put the decorations away and set up the Thanksgiving decorations.

Need to run to Target for an order pickup. Having trouble getting aspirin for dh. Walmart was out and so was Target. I'll try an order at Sams. I need to get a few things there. I do need to go to the grocery store for bread and fruit, but I may just wait until Monday. I think dh needs to get some wood for shelves he is doing in the garage. Still working away at it. I may spend some time working on the pantry. Need to get it better organized and stuff put away. Seems there are bits here and there and not all together.

We'll probably just eat leftover pizza tonight. That's what we got yesterday.

Stay safe everyone.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Beautiful fall day here. Slept late this morning. Planning to dig a little more in the garden and get the garlic planted. DH has offered to help. Tomato plants are dead but a few not-frozen tomatoes are hanging on and might ripen as we are expecting a week to ten days of warm, seasonal weather.

Sent our regrets about the halloween party yesterday. Just doesn't feel right and I'm not in a fun mood (and don't have costumes this year). We will get together soon when it is just a few of us. DH got some funny/scary movies for us to watch tonight.

Traditionally Halloween is chili night. Years ago when we were broke some friends gave us a freezer full of deer meat. We were so grateful to have it. We ate deer burgers, and deer pie, and deer tacos, and so many pots of "roadkill" chili. Found a sack full of garden tomatoes going soft in the bottom of the fridge, so guess what is in the pot this year.

I've always made my chowder from scratch, but since Kansas isn't known for its clamming we haven't had any in a long time. I did some with corn and potatoes last year, DH isn't a fan. I always get it when we travel to the coast, though.

Was at the drugstore the other day and went and looked in Family Dollar.... and they had Clorox cleaner with bleach on the shelf (limit 1)! I have not seen it anywhere since February. And the drugstore seems to be perpetually low on TP.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take 50,000 units of Vitamin D every week and I take Sambucus elderberry gummies for my immune...they taste good....dr. said it wouldn't hurt....
    Martha sounds like your are a fun neighbor....
    I need to work on getting my pantry organized...I get it all nice and neat and then I shove stuff in it without a care in the world of where it goes....bad habit....
    Jetts I'm glad your party was a success.....I bet the girls had a ball....

I love clam chowder but usually use canned....husband doesn't like it.....
    rujerro your son must be very smart....hope he gets it straightened out.....

Hope everyone had a great Halloween...we had two little girls....husband answered the door....gave out cliff bars...not candy...

stay safe and have a good week...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg- Clif bars are a great idea.

Contrary- We're having trouble getting toilet paper here as well...Costco was sold out...Hhmmmm...

Martha- I'd love to see a picture of you in your Cinderella costume and wig drinking your sangria..LOL Sounds like a good time.

Dlrcpa- Poison Ivy is no fun. I hope it clears up for you soon.

Went to Costco and DH said he came for dishwasher tabs and toilet paper. But they sold out on the TP.

The tenant called again to say the garbage disposal isn't working again....Hmmm. The first time we went up, it was just a circuit breaker that had to be reset. The next time, he broke it by having a shot glass in there, so DH paid $120 for a new one and installed it. That was less than a month ago. Now, this one is broken. I told DH he is paying for this one if he broke it. I told tenant not to throw glass in there and other things that are described in the booklet, which we left for him....

I'm re-using a tea bag of lemon tumeric and it's my 3rd cup. I don't usually drink that much. I made clam chowder and we all had it for dinner. Very good and I posted it in the new recipes forum. DS2 never had manhattan chowder as him and DS1 always ate new england style. I never ate new england chowder.

I received a letter from my old job( that I worked for about 5 years ago) stating that my personal info, my SS# was stolen. Nice. They're offering a year of Experian monitoring for free. I have the free version of Experian and it does alert me to credit checks.... Not sure if I should sign up for this free year of monitoring or what.
    Last edited by rujerro; 11-01-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made 7 goodie bags for Halloween (2 PB cups in each bag.) Most I have ever had before was 4, this year I had 7. Two little girls next door, and their friends from down the street, and the two little boys from the other side. Cute costumes. No leftover candy, yay!

Going for an alignment today, haven't had one in the 5.5 years I owned this car.

Went to Family Dollar yesterday, got more TP, mouthwash and Vaseline. I have perpetually chapped lips and was constantly putting on lip balm. Then I read, use vaseline instead of lip balm, so I did - what a difference!! Who knew? My beauty tip of the day.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Supposed to have rain today but I may get a few hours of leaf raking done first. Then laundry & other chores. Should try to finish sewing projects and put away. Hubby bought Cajun stew at the farmer's market yesterday but says it's too spicy to eat a bowl for supper. He also bought a huge delicious fruit tart. He is all about food. I don't care that much but hate to waste anything. Still have to figure out what to do for supper.
    Thankfully dog was not sick Saturday after vomiting multiple times Friday. I just gave him a little canned food yesterday, no kibble. I am glad he did not start having diarrhea or have to go to the vet. $$$ saved. I already switched him to sensitive stomach food because this happens a couple times a year. I hope everyone is well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great Halloween night by the fire pit. Stayed out until 11 and the fire had died. Everyone seemed to have fun. Going to take down Halloween decorations on the outside and add Thanksgiving. Not doing inside until I get the house cleaned. Doing laundry. Have to go to Michaels to get a cross stitch piece framed and going to hit DG to see if I can get any penny deals to donate to soup kitchen clients that are moving into new homes. Happy November.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy November everyone. Glad everybody had a good halloween. I had a bag of snickers bars just in case, but not a single doorbell. Not unexpected, no kids on our street and there were drive-thru options this year. Cooler and windy today, but sunny.

Dlr, maybe the stew could be served over rice to spread out the flavor, or thinned with more tomatoes? Sorry to hear about the dog. One of my cats is the same way, sensitive to something and on special food. We have noticed however since DH has been working from home she has stopped vomiting every morning. I think it has reduced her separation anxiety.

Ru, you ought to just take out the disposal all together and run a regular drain line. This tenant is costing you more than he is worth in time and effort. As for Experian, make sure they've been notified your info was stolen. There used to be an option to request that no credit card offers be sent anywhere in your name, too.

Jo, alignments always make my car run so much better. Enjoy driving it afterward. 5 years is a long time to go without one.

Wow, BW, that's a lot of Vit D. I take 5000iu once a week and it works for me, but I guess every body has different needs.

No plans for today, not going out. Don't even know what is for dinner yet. Maybe we will get fried chicken or something. Going to look at grocery ads, but we're not in urgent need of anything except maybe milk.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a cold, blustery, rainy/snowy day here. Glad we got the leaves done (at least for this week) yesterday. Living in the country we never have any trick or treaters. I used to really miss it when we first moved but now Halloween is just like any other day. I even gave away all my decorations years ago. Dh got up early as usual and went grocery shopping. First went to Meijer and then stopped at Kroger on the way home. Kroger had all there pumpkins out in front of the store with a free sign. I have never seen that before. Usually they are marked down drastically after Halloween but still for sale.

When I went to Costco last week they had TP and paper towel EVERYWHERE. It seemed like at the end of every aisle there were the huge plastic wrapped bundles that they could pick up with a forklift. I had remarked to dh that it seems that they think that there is going to be another run on tp. You would think that by now everyone would have enough!They also had lots of antibacterial wipes and gallon jugs of hand sanitizer.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

car passed, no alignment needed!! yay.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol no pics...think there was one from last year. but thought though it is a nice night too cold to sit in a dress so put on a wig. drank sangria out of the halloween plastic wine glasses friend gave me a couple of years ago. friends recipe worked. red wine orange crush and used frozen sliced lime and lemon slices plus some pineapple.

not many people giving out candy or trick n treaters. kids had friends over and my friend too. people were driving around looking at halloween displays like you do for xmas lights. people took pics in front of the inflatable tombstones. people were why don't you leave candy out... well cus like the last trick n treater family who came when we were next door..could see them went into the tub and grabbed so much.. cleaned me out. like 4 or 5 younger kids plus parents..12 treat bags plus reg candy..cauldron was empty.. and then they came over and I went back and they came back for more and I said you were just here no. We were.. sad when you are teaching kids that young to be so greedy. like would have done 20 to 30 kids depending how generous I was w the candy. had different things this year for diff ages. normally 6 to 8 is trick n treating and then we do fireworks... men turn into boys and have fun. teens get to watch only. and then all done by 9 and over.

sent the kids out because said the people who put the effort into do halloween deserved some customers even for a few houses. 711 does free slurpees too. kids watched scary movie from netflix ds just learned about whatussp.. lol we have been watching halloween movies taped off tv. chopping mall last night today svengoolie frankenstein vs wolfman and young frankenstein. lots of older movies on too I taped. eddie and the cruisers. reliving the 80s.

one of our cats is a barfer too..so get sensitive systems one cat food.. another the pisser ..dyes. always a balancing act. barfer came in and now acting like he is dying cus no one is jumping to let him out. cus he had to be inside last night and locked in bedroom since he kept trying to escape outside.

sunny and nice weather but meah lol got all the halloween stuff down and packed just needs going back in the attic. dishwasher done and laundry to do. something easy for dinner. feel like I should run out and get half price candy deals. what I do for each year.

I agree..tenant keeps breaking it ..no more. not that I like them but really who puts glass etc down them. tp etc all good here but lysol wipes are the hard thing to get. even good sale prices on canned stuff and the reg sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 5-6 lb chicken breast and needed some menu ideas. Found some on the internet and will try them out. I'm cooking out a chub of beef with onions and chiles. Making enchilada casserole for dinner today. Just have to cook out the rice and put it together. DH will not like the spicy sauce but it was all that they had....

Got 70% off Halloween candy. Threw the bags in the fridge that's freezing everything....We turned down the thermostat but things are still frozen....

This week, I'll get some time and try to clear out the garage. Put some items on the curb labeled "free" and even put it on craigslist.