2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 137
Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127134135136137138 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2069
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- I'm glad the steroids are helping your DH. I hope you can get tested and not wait a week like folks out here. Work has several people out due to the virus. Our state is in the red zone, which is 10% capacity in retail, restaurants with pick-up only. I emailed our church to see if capacity was limited to 10% but was told no.

DH is renting the u-haul and we will help DS1 move as one friend broke his ankle and other is unreliable. Parents to the rescue.

Made stuffed cabbage and it's ready now but will keep it on warm until after church.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cloudy and cold today, Dh was doing better yesterday, but feels worse today. We got to do a video call with dgd. We miss her so much. Hopefully we’ll get to see them for Chrisrmas. That is well after the 20 day quarantine. I think that is the max on staying away from everyone. It’s usually 10 days after being tested. Dh can go back to work the Monday after thanksgiving. We’ll do the 20 days for dgd.

Going to change all the sheets and towels today. Got a load of dishes in the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle. Washing hands all the time and using hand sanitizer. Lots of lotion too. I’m glad I stocked up on Lysol laundry sanitizer. Been trying to get more, but always out of stock. TP is out of stock again.

Bil is still in the hospital. Sil tested positive, but really no symptoms.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom hope your family and you recover fast. Yes it is hard for the little ones to understand ..maybe if you said it was like a cold so don't want to share? Good you got an answer bookworm and now you can recover and you are retired! who cares when you sleep..isn't that the point? I know people who get up early but don't expect others too. and seems like she slept 10hrs a night. wouldn't be thrilled either if someone expected us to do that ! nice your dd will bring you dinner and texted you.

my cousin said w timechange she started getting up at 430 instead of 6 and then in bed at 9 but her hubby doesn't go to bed until 2am and gets up late so they both have time to themselves. still have a business to run so keeps normal hours for meals. my dh would up before me any day cus he doesn't sleep 8hrs normally. I have been staying up late until 1am and getting up 8 or 9. but then after midnight is when everyone is actually asleep.

thankful for email and internet you can get stuff done without getting up. ordered cat food and xmas gifts off amazon etc. sent off emails. not feeling great cus time of month so just organizing from the recliner. housework of course cus no one seems to notice counters and all the little things you do. kids activities, just sent ds off to get his haircut..dh prepaid..just around the corner..did say go after martial arts which is right there but teen boy. he is in a mood cus discovered pile of laundry mostly twin sheets so there are all the good sets missing. so he is doing more laundry today. suet seed block needs going up too. my failed black beans aren't a hit outside for wild animals and birds. since craft fairs are cancelled..one really good one that I like emailed a list of goodies to buy so I did. lots of good homemade stuff I wouldn't make like plum and fig jam so that will be ready next month. it is grandmas supporting grandmas in Africa.

dh picked up creamo and milk yesterday.no idea what is for dinner..use coupons for wendys or something like fish and chips out of the freezer. neighbours all putting xmas lights up and seems like it is a good idea since dry today but he isn't in the mood. looked outside and w wind etc lots of mess of leaves but that can wait. watching our shows and dvds. more new hallmark xmas movies too taping this weekend. needed shredded cheese to stock up on and it is on sale so will stock up freezer. we go though a lot.

new virus rules province wide for next 2 weeks..some smaller places in shock cus ever had it and don't really have cases so not used to it. no gatherings except your social bubble. no church. but schools etc all still ok. no travel. masks indoors at all stores because the owners were asking for it now mandatory. so they don't have to deal with the people who argue. now an order. but really life is the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Cloudy but still warmer than usual here. I need an easy day to rest up. Laundry and light housework. Kohls started their Thanksgiving sales so I placed an order, pickup area is right inside the entrance. Probably thaw a package of ground beef for supper, some sort of burrito filling. I hope everyone is doing OK.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cloudy and cooler. Got three new hens yesterday. Dgd holds them and cuddles them. Pretty funny. DD’s saga is getting worse. Going to be a stressful holiday. Made pancakes and syrup for breakfast. DD and I are going to look at phones today. She wants to totally get rid of her service with him. I’m ready for an upgrade and need to see what the cost will be to add her to my plan. Hanging in there and that’s about all. Hope everyone stays safe and gets well.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cloudy, cool, and grey. Might clear up a little later. Might warm up some.

Thawed pork shoulder yesterday, seasoned it all over last night, going to smoke it this afternoon. It's 3lbs, probably give us 2lbs of meat after it is cooked and bone removed. Have corn and beans to go with it.

Want to spend some time organizing the basement. Still too much stuff in it and I don't want it to go back to looking the same way it was before we remodeled.

Everyone have a good day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanksgiving at my daughters has been canceled because her Grandpa on her dad's side passed away Friday. It's just me and my hubby so we will just have a regular day of doing outside yard work.

I've froze a gallon of garden cherry tomatoes this week. We are still eating fresh from the garden. One night we ate tacos and used tomatoes, collard greens and sweet potato leaves from garden on burrito shells a neighbor gave us.

A friend and I went to an antique type store yesterday. The place was huge for a town of less and 1,000. We spent over 3 hours browsing and having a good time. I purchased a couple of items for the kitchen, 2 small stainless steel bowls. a large pan with handles that will come in handy for canning season, a pot with a lid in a larger size that we didn't have, cast iron griddle, skillet and pot. It was the old school heavy cast iron and not the cheap light weight junk they sell now days.

Hubby is building a rabbit birthing center, aka huge rabbit pen. Our female should be having babies in2 weeks, if i correctly remember when we bred her.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another day here at the covid house. Dh is the same. His brother is now on a ventilator and feeding tube. They had to sedate him. He wouldn’t leave the oxygen tube in his nose. He’s a horrible patient. Hope he makes it. Dh will cooperate if it comes to that. We got an oximeter today. So far Dh s oxygen levels are good. We have some Chinese medicine that smells like wintergreen. He rubbed it on his chest and seems to be resting better. I just hope I only get mild symptoms. We can’t all be sick.

Did a video call with dgd last night. I think she’s doing better about the covid stuff. She can see us and see that we still look the same and we laugh and tell funny stories. Did offered to bring us food, but neither one of us feel like much. Toast, rice and crackers. Ate some canned chicken noodle soup, but gave me the runs. I’m hoping that is the worst of it for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss LL. I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving no matter how you spend it.

Thanks for the update, Jetts. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Ran the smoker today and made pulled pork for dinner. Helped DH in the garage, broke down a lot of moving boxes and/or sent stuff to the recycle bin. Took the trash for a walk after dark. Will fill another bag from the basement tomorrow. Was too tired to do much of anything else. Still need to pack up the rest of the pork for later this winter.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jetts hope you all feel better....glad you got to video talk to your dgd.....keep thinking positive....

Husband went to Wags and got everything on my list except diet cranberry juice....it's on sale 2 for $5 for the pack of six small bottles...he could not find it at both of the stores he checked....so he will be checking a couple other stores.....I like the small bottles...easier to keep track of how much fluids I am drinking.....got chocolate chips....going try to make some cocoa bombs....I have the Christmas exchange coming up next month and thought I could make those....will be dropping off gifts as I am not taking a chance with twelve random people...who knows where they have been or who they have been around....

GB hope your daughter gets things settled without too much of a fuss from dh...

Did nothing in the house today...we got burgers for dinner.....smoked pork sounds really delicious.....
    Hope everyone has a great week.....stay safe....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dropped off a care package to my sister at the PO Saturday. I made the mistake of not insisting that they scan it, so it didn't get scanned. Showed up as "not yet in system" all weekend, so of course I worried all weekend. Woke up this morning to a flurry of emails from USPS, it is on its way. She should get it tomorrow.
    It has several bottles of vanilla extract in there and you know how pricey that is. She needed some and I always have a ton, people donate to the food shelf and we can't give it out because it is alcohol. I get a lot of mouthwash that way too.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like stress is a big part of everyone’s lives right now. Now everyone knows about DD. She is going to kill him with kindness and get him to agree to move to Texas. He can get a job here and they would live separately. I’m going to start making casseroles today. Got DD and Dgd new phones and new numbers. Everyone hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Installers finished the new radon system at dad's house and left. I am gathering papers to work on his tax returns. It turned colder and windy outside so not planning any yard work. Probably going home after lunch. I have not decided about baking fruitcakes this year, only a few people like it (including me). Definitely going to make biscotti, it is a favorite.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love fruitcake, at least the way I make it which is more like spice cake with nuts and dried fruit. I haven't made it in years, but maybe I can get the ingredients by christmas. I haven't done much holiday baking the last few years. Less people to share it with.

Cold this morning and about to rain. Staying in. Cleaned the stove yesterday, need to clean the fridge today. Want to bag up trash from the basement and garage so it can get picked up tomorrow, or at least out of the way.

Dinner is baked chicken and green bean casserole from scratch. DH loves it and with HM mushroom soup it comes out really nice.

Hope everyone's week starts well.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cold and rainy/freezing rain. Went to pick up an order from Walmart. Of course dh thought of something else, but too late. Put in an order at target. Hope it’s ready when I go for my covid test. Don’t want to get out again. Moved things around in the garage so I could pull my car in. Do not want to be scraping windows.

Dh seems to be doing better. He’s been sleeping most of the day. The coughing and not being able to breathe has kept him up most nights. Glad he’s able to rest. Found out that work is paying him without having to use his sick time or vacation. Haven’t heard any updates on his brother. One sister is causing all kinds of problems now. Don’t really care at this point. Do what you are threatening and be ready for no one to help later on. I just don’t get why people have to be like that.

I have a bunch of frozen meals in the freezer. That will probably be dinner.