2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got veggie scraps for my chickens, Oil of Olay bath wash, fresh spinach, bananas, oranges, and face products from the soup kitchen today. That will help alt with my budget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Waiting for dog obedience class registration to open at 9 am. I looked at the exercise classes but nothing appealed. Overcast and drizzle today, supposed to rain heavier through Thursday. Fortunately I don't need to go anywhere. Still eating leftovers. Completed quilt binding on 1 long side, 2nd long side is pinned & ready to be sewn. Trying to decide next sewing project, there are several useful things I could make....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Snowing this morning. DH is home and good thing too because the truck with the storage locker arrived at 8am, a day early. Will have to get a padlock for it, I have a $5 off coupon for the hardware store, hope that covers it.

No big plans. Housework and sewing later.

Got a side of ribs out of the freezer for dinner. Going to season them and slow cook in the oven. Don't feel like messing with the smoker on a day like today. Sides of potato salad and beans.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it to the post office. It’s very cold and we are under winter advisory through tomorrow night. Not doing much today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

snowing here now usual for the last few years first crocus popped its head out . didn't sleep well allergy season so weekend was a writeoff ds effected too... weather changes causes problems too. so will go to one job tomorrow thankful both jobs are flexible. world stops w snow here. will work online when motivated. of course the cats are open the door and see that it is snowing and go nope. watching a hallmark movie the art of us.. so many filmed here so know all the places they are shot. only noon.

did go w friend shopping michaels got more yarn on sale but forgot I had a gift card at home well always next time. she needed something for her dd project. then we went to bakery since needed bread. got that plus more. so stocked up here and yummy. they gave us a free calendar that has monthly freebies. gave us the jan one though it was feb. yummy lemon blueberry scone for breakfast. we went to a surplus store that had costco stuff. got a new leather wallet , box of the pumpkin loaf mixes good til jan 2021. and some goodies on sale. of course housework, reg work. snow shoveling awaits.

not sure what is for dinner lots of options in the house.. maybe grilled sandwiches... pasta.. will see what family wants. realized the discounted pears can work w spice cake mix.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked the food pantry this morning....they were swamped with food.....I sorted for over two hours....
    Got two loaves of olive bread and jalapeno bread which I gave to my grandson....
    Didn't sleep well at all and bp was high all night.....I am going have to go to doctor and have him adjust my meds....
    Husband took two bags of Christmas gifts to his nieces since we didn't see them at Christmas time.
    Took a tote of stuff to my grandson's....shoes for my great grandson, Halloween stuff, cookie decorations, bathroom rung....one more tote out of my house....
    My guestroom is almost cleaned....I can actually see the bed.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Raining here today weather man was saying something about storms. made a chicken pot pie and a peach cobbler for dinner it is early but i get so tired in afternoon if i don't cook early i don't cook most of time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ermadunk I know what you mean about being so tired in afternoon....I came home and laid down and here it is six o'clock and I have to find something for dinner....wish I had pot pies in freezer....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Erma, dinner sounds good. I know how you feel, like running out of gas in the middle of the road. I try to keep a few meals on hand. Or DH takes us to a local cheap place.

Made ribs in the oven for dinner. What a disaster. Never doing that again. Edible, but no flavor and poor texture. Going to be on the smoker or not at all from here on. At least we had plenty of sides.

M, I have had bulbs up this early in years past, but not this year. Think they know something I don't?

Very little snow today, now they are saying more tomorrow. Want to get to the gym in the morning, will see how bad it is first.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Came home early from work sick. My plan is to work from home tomorrow. Thankful they will let me do that.

No spend no extra drive day.

Hanging out on the couch drinking hot tea and with Vicks on - smelling good! lol

For supper I warmed a jar of hm chicken soup and added home made noodles.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - $621.02/$3,330.56
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $3,172.43/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$1,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL- I hope the illness subsides soon! That's a bummer.

Schools were delayed due to snow. It's extremely cold and more snow this week. I wore 2 shirts and 2 sweatshirts to the gym and it took running track to just be a normal temp. Everyone else wears shorts and tees and I'm dressed like an eskimo to work out.

DS2 is worked up over his math class and I found a learning center on campus that will assign him a tutor. He had to argue with me first and tell me how the school doesn't have tutors....He may withdraw from the class but will speak to the counselor first and hopefully, the tutor will call him asap. I've got a headache from his frustration and irrational thinking.

The market marked down Oscar mayer rotisserie chicken deli slices in the plastic pkgs to 99 cents a lb. I took 4 home since they're good for 2 weeks...I have no idea if I can freeze them. Looks like sandwiches are on the menu and I'll try to get recipes for what to do with sliced deli meat.

I'll be in bed early. I still have on all of that clothing on along with wooly socks and fleece pants. I'm putting on the electric blanket, which has a fleece blanket and comforter on top of it as well. I know we need new windows in this house as some are broken and all are drafty. But my body is just too cold in general.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rujerro - possible anemia or thyroid? If everyone else is Ok but you are not.......
    Hubby wanted to try restaurant we received a GC for. Food was good and cost little after GC. Service was terrible, so 2 out of 3. We brought home leftovers. Have other leftovers in fridge still to eat. I'll make bread.
    Finishing the quilt today. Decided my next project should be new lining for black trench/rain coat re-using old zipper. I have some very dark gray wool w/pinstripe that I have no intention of using for a garment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were suppose to get snow today, but only rain. I have a theatre meeting tonight unless the roads ice. I’ll stay home. Think we will have breakfast for dinner tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are supposed to get snow but so far it is all staying east of us. Maybe later. Planning to head to the gym, then stop and get a padlock for the storage unit so we can start moving boxes in.

LL, rest as much as you can. Science shows that the body heals best when you sleep. Feel better soon.

Rujerro, hope you get warm soon. I love my electric blanket. Yes, you can freeze the Oscar Meyer delifresh slices. I have done that when they were on sale. They don't last forever in the freezer, but longer than 2 weeks.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got to the gym this morning. Snow was light, nobody was out on the roads. (Big parade today so everyone was either downtown, or watching on tv.) They had a watch party set up in the big multipurpose room and were serving free hamburgers and soda, but I did not stay. They had two shopping carts piled with extra buns and bread for members to take, I got a pack of round buns and a loaf of rye for free.

Stopped at the hardware store and used my $5 coupon on a padlock and some glue. Nobody there either. Stopped for cat food and hamburger (man I should have bought it on sale last week) and picked up discounted eggs, and yogurt for DH.

Packed some boxes in the basement. Feel like I have done two work outs today. So many extra coats and jackets, we need to sort through and get rid of about half of them. Dance practice cancelled tonight. Probably going to crash early. Chemo tomorrow morning. Then I need to go by Hobby Lobby and get plastic storage bins for packing.

Hot dogs and chili from the freezer, last couple of hotdog buns for dinner. Side salad if DH wants one.

Going to look at the ads and see what is on sale this weekend.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast