2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 25
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dropped dog at vet for dental cleaning. He was shaking w/ fear and I feel terrible. Told to pickup at 6 pm but they may let him go sooner if he is awake, we'll see. I'll be hanging around the house waiting for phone call. Not cooking tonight due to schedules, we have leftovers. I placed Target order and Amazon order for pantry items. Put dog food away and sorted out the pantry a bit. A few good sales at the grocery store - tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH—My SIL designed this bed because it is in hot sun nearly all day and it only has perennials. The problem is that everything in it spreads like crazy which is nice in that there is not a lot of weeding, but I have to constantly keep it trimmed back. I have given some to several neighbors. It is like an English garden with Texas natives. It has a path and a bird bath in it. It attracts butterflies, bees, and birds. I have Greg’s mist flower, weeping redbud, Texas sage, Russian sage, Mexican marigolds, Purple coneflowers, Black-eyed Susans, Red Acanthus. I know there are other things too, but I can’t remember. Opposite the driveway I have crepe myrtles that line the driveway with bird feeders and bluebird houses. I even have a hummingbird swing right next to my kitchen window.

It’s raining today. I planted a sweet gum tree and hummingbird trumpet vines yesterday. I need to get another trellis. I’m doing laundry and got to go to the grocery store today. I will probably do a little sewing or needlework today. I need to go to the gym, so who knows what today will bring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I'm going to enjoy the next couple of weeks. The weather is nice. I'm happy to see sunshine. Once the time change happens next week, dh and I will start walking in the evenings. We didn't make it to the diabetes class last night. Dh just couldn't get away from work in time. Then the thought of 4 hours of the evening gone, didn't help. And there are 3 classes like that. I think we have read enough on the internet and papers the doctors have sent home to be okay. When dh went to the doctor on Monday, he was really impressed that his daily sugar readings are so good. When we met with the dietician, she couldn't believe his diet. It was too good for someone just diagnosed. I think we'll be okay without the further education. Just lots of label reading. I may sign up for a diabetic store tour and one of our grocery stores. It may speed up my shopping if I don't have to read so many labels.

I'm still waiting on one of my meds to be filled. Got the PCP to fill it for me. The GI nurse practitioner, who thinks she's a doctor is being a real pain. When I went 6 months ago, I walked out of there with everything but refills. 14 pages of tests. Same tests my PCP did a few weeks later. Now they won't give me my refills until I come in and go through a ton of tests again. Forget that. She's not my PCP. Time to find a new doctor.

Going to visit my parents today. My mom looks forward to Wednesdays. It's a bit stressful for me. Two of her great grandsons are there and she watches them til their dad gets off work. It's starting to be too much for her. She fell last week trying to pick one of them up. I kind of got on her about it. Told her to just leave them alone and make them get up. They are old enough to help themselves. I know my mom does it to give my sister a break, because she watches them the other days and she does like seeing her great grandchildren. I just don't think they need to be there that long.

We may run to home depot or menards tonight. Dh needs some glue and some wood pieces to finish a shelf he is putting by the back door. Dh has so many little projects. He's been doing so much organizing lately. Nice to see some of the junk going away too. It really is time to start decluttering the house and getting rid of things that just sit and do nothing. But the outdoors is starting to call, so we'll be spending a lot of time outside here soon.

Dinner will be tacos tonight. I made soup on Monday and yesterday, we just munched and ate a few odds and ends from the fridge.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Having problems with this site, too. Pages not loading, errors, time outs.

GB, I have a weird mix in my bed. Poor clay soil (we've been amending it for years) and hot afternoon sun, no rain during the summer. Purple coneflower is the only thing that does well, not counting the weeds. There are some wild iris that never bloom, and a couple of local natives that are hanging on. I think one is Indian flower. Columbines are native here and they do ok in spring. Marigolds are hit or miss. 2 years ago they did terrific, last year they all died. I try a new native plant every year, and the last few years they have not survived. I want to get daisies re-established. I'm going to have to buy one, I can't get them to grow from seed.

56 already here this morning, going to get into the 60's. Got up too late for the gym so I'll just work in the yard. Lots to clean and vines to weed. Also still have a bunch of stuff from the basement to deal with.

Rujerro, hope it's nothing more than a cold.

Dinner is l/o corned beef from the freezer. Will pair that with the l/o coleslaw from Sunday.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's miserable here....gloomy...raining off and on.....I plan on staying in....trying to get my linens in order and get them out of living room. I've got to go out tomorrow to pick up my win from an auction. It was all new stuff so got lots of Christmas gifts....will run to Kroger on Friday to get my weekend deals, cereal, shrimp and spaghetti sauce. Don't need much of anything else.

Neighbor came by last night and gave her a couple of wine glasses...
    I was having trouble with site also....thought it was me....
    Have no idea what I will make for dinner.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dog's dental bill was high due to extractions. Sigh. She says clean yearly from now on - yikes. Also bath beforehand was rather waste of time, I should do it AFTER him being kenneled all day there. Resuming fight with the trash company for not picking up yard waste as mandated by county. I should put the county complaint number on speed dial. Going to the grocery store for mark-down meat and a few sale items, also need some basics like matches and white vinegar. I cleaned cob-webs from the high ceilings yesterday for about an hour since it was sunny and I happened to look up.... Getting a box to sell ready for mailing to replacements.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It’s chilly this morning, but sunny. Going to be in the 70s this afternoon. Going to the gym to ride the bike and then going to sew today. Not much else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dropped Mr. Stinky at the vet today. He's getting the works, neuter, baby teeth pulled and chipped. It will be an expensive afternoon. But much cheaper than most of the vets around here. Also got flea/heartworm meds for all 3 dogs and a 3 month supply to send to ds. He's too busy to deal with it. I feel bad for him. So much on his plate right now. This is one thing I can help him with.

Paid bills this morning, actually not too bad. Paid extra to a couple of cards for the 0% interest. Now I'm going to get ready to go grocery shopping. Don't need much. A few odds and ends and food for Sunday and fruit. I'll stop and get Chipotle for dgd to eat after karate today. She likes to come over after class and needs to eat her chipotle. Better get a load of towels washed too. Gave all 3 dogs a bath yesterday.

The neck/shoulder/arm pain is much better since I've been doing some exercises every day. Can't believe that little bit of stretching is what I needed. Still not sleeping the best. Maybe it was anxiety about taking the pup to the vet today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dlrcpa - I feel your pain, for years 2 of our dogs (now gone) needed yearly teeth cleaning and always with extractions.

jettsmom - sounds like you will be spending a bit at the vet today. It all adds up so fast.

I got a call from my vet today that Beastie's urine recheck came back clean, no infection. I was happy to hear that. Picked up a baby present for my nephew/wife, baby stuff was on sale so even though the baby (#4 for them) won't be here until May, the present is bought. Also picked up a clearance dog puffy coat but it's too small for my dog, he's that weird size which makes him right between a S and M. Really nice sunny day here in the 40's, I wanted to take the dogs to the park to walk but I have a inflamed big toe so no walks until this goes away. I have no idea what I did, but socks and shoes really bother it. LO's tonight, just have to put together lunches for dh and I for tomorrow.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny here but chilly......

Had a mistake on credit report....they said it would take a month....I reported it last night about six o'clock and when I woke up this morning, it had been corrected.....they had me mixed up with a 40 year old...

Ran to kroger and got my frozen veggies and did not walk around....

Just saw on the news there has been two reported cases of the virus in my county....in the northwest area.....that's my area...I guess I will be staying in for the next month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A case is in our county. Person was on the cruise ship. There's another person in the state with the virus and travelled by plane, took a trip to resorts....The debate is if the airline should notify the passengers and if the resorts notify the guests.....

DS2 says he's feeling better but still coughing. Lady at work was sent home for coughing. DS2 was concerned that I caught this cold but I said I'm fine. I've been disinfecting the house and washed his bed linens.

For dinner, I won't cook today but we have frozen cod that can go in the oven. And clam strips. I'll probably have toast and coffee or something. I don't eat fried foods but maybe once a year, if that. I had a test done on my arteries to show blockage and one was clogged 4% while the others were clear. My poor dad had 3 arteries clogged 100% and one artery clogged 90%. He had many surgeries and didn't feel well.

It's been very cold at night and windy during the day, making it cold. My blanket's on and I'll be in bed early. A afternoon nap seems to help my sugar and I took one daily as a teen. As a working adult, it stopped and it's been a roller coaster ever since. Maybe I'll try to nap if I can do it and see what happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Worked in the yard 2 hrs yesterday, added to the huge pile of yard bags on the street for pickup. Trash co says they will pick up today. If not, I'll submit complaint to the county and ask for bill credit for missed pickups (didn't work last year but I'll keep demanding.)
    Bean soup in the crock pot w/ ham bone. Hubby won't eat it but he can have leftovers. I made orange muffins last night using Florida's Natural recipe, it also had 2 tsp vanilla and they are so good. The vanilla makes a difference.
    Might get rain today but not 100% chance. I will mail the Replacements box at P.O.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny but chilly here. Hope to work in the flower bed if it warms up. DH is going to Home Depot after work to pick up pipe to redo our irrigation system in the garden this year. Not doing much this morning. Got to figure out what I am planting this spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A little cooler today, but it's so nice to see the sun. Sure makes a difference in my mood. Picked up Mr. Stinky last night. He's doing well. I think he's mad at me, but he'll thank me later. It didn't cost as much as I thought, even with all the meds I bought. I'm guessing the tooth removal wasn't as much because he was already sedated.

Today I need to finish up the grocery shopping. I couldn't believe all the things walmart market was out of. It was nuts. And it wasn't cleaning supplies and medicine. It was food. Tags all over saying "out of stock". That's okay, I'll go to aldi and get the rest of what I need and maybe another grocery store for fruit on the way. Going to the chiropractor tonight. I'm sure that will help with my neck and shoulder pain. Need to wash dgd's bedding. One of the dogs laid on it and now it's covered in hair. Thought I had put it away, but nope.

Hoping to get outside in the yard this weekend. We'll see. It's supposed to be really windy but warm. May make a run to home depot for supplies. We do need to clean up the front yard. The neighbor's sweet gun tree lost most of it's spike balls yesterday with all the wind. I hate those things. I've twisted my ankle so many time. Most everyone in the neighborhood has removed their sweet gum trees. Grass doesn't grow in yards that have them. We do have permission from the neighbor to do some trimming on the tree. He really doesn't care. The house has been a rental for 15 years and now they are going to sell it. I just don't like that we are the ones dealing with it. He did clean up most of the stuff last week, but now it's even worse.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers in the fridge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunny here today. Ran to Krogers.....could only get 3 boxes of cereal and couldn't find the shrimp. But got pretty much everything else I needed....we are stocked and ready if we can't go out. I saved $32....
    Got some kids books for my shoeboxes...
    Trying to clean the garage a little...husband is betting upset....
    Don't know what I'll make for dinner....
    Have a great weekend....stay warm and healthy.....

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast