2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 74
Page 74 of 153 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2283
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You all know where I live so you know it's hot!!!

dlr happy anniversary....eating outside sounds nice....we have no shade on our patio....I use to have a table with umbrella years ago but gave it to my daughter....I now just have one of those little cafe table with two chairs but it's too hot out there...mostly it's for looks I guess....I can't be in the sun because of the meds I'm on. I do go out and sit for a few minutes but can't stay out too long...

rujerro are you kidding me...omg...glad you don't need a root canal...how does things like that happen??? I hope you get it taken care of and I'd be firing my dentist...glad he gave you the name of his....my husband says we have paid for my dentist's yatch three times over....I go to him cause I am scared to death of dentists and he is very gentle with me.....been that way since I was 16 and had a very bad experience....
    Thank goodness you have that warranty...saved you a bundle....

CH I'm tired of being home all the time too.....nurse told me today that she thought I could go out just to be careful...but, the numbers are so high here I'm really afraid....if I get it, I'm done.....doctor told me I'm really high risk...I hate living in fear but I'm not ready to die....I am a 22 year cancer survivor and I'll be darn if this virus is going get me.....people here just don't care....very reckless....

I went to a new doctor today as I had to get my scripts filled...very sweet new doctor and the PA I use to go to came in an hugged me (side)....he is such a nice guy...first time I saw him he looked at me and looked at the computer, looked at me and back at computer and said "how old are you?" I was, I think, 70 at the time. He told me I didn't look 70....told him he didn't look like a doctor either....lol...he looks about 15....still does....so got that taken care of....now to straighten out the other doctor script....never ending....
    Got my pencils from Amazon so will make up more pencil packs.
    Have no idea what I'll make for dinner...
    Hope everyone is having a good day....stay safe....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

BW, the new doctor sounds good. I hope that works out.

I don't know if you drive, but if you do just getting out and seeing some different scenery can be really uplifting. I think now I understand "Sunday Drivers", LOL! Maybe you can go for a walk in the morning before anyone is out and when it is not hot. It really helped DH and I to go walking in the evening before it got to be 95 every day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bw - we can all tell you are a positive person, you just need to vent once in a while like all of us! It's like a pressure release.

dlrcpa - Happy Belated Anniversary! Your dinner sounded wonderful, how nice to eat outside.

CH - Sorry to hear your having a bad day. I have been thinking too of all the things we won't be able to do this summer and start to get down.

Beautiful day here, mid 80's and low humidity. My kind of weather! I had the day off so spent my time switching off from inside to outside chores. Dusted, did 2 loads of laundry, made a dr. appt., cleaned off desk and prepped dinner. Outside I got the back bird bath scrubbed, scrubbed hummingbird feeder and refilled, filled finch socks, weeded, gave tomato/pepper plants a watering with Epsom salts, sprayed driveway for weeds, sprayed around the fence in the yard also so dh won't have to weedwhip around there, watered the flowerbeds in front and hung some clothes out to dry.

For those of you with curbside pickup at libraries, how does that work? Do you have to go online to make a pick up time? Just wondering, ours will not be open until the end of the month but they haven't said how it was going to work.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow rabbit busy! rabbit, depends on library..both here.have a table outside and lineup instructions.. they ph or you ph and set up a time. and they give you your stuff in a paper tote bag. they have signed it out already in your name. I pick up both mine and the kids. on the to do list.

all those headaches with your meds vent away! that is serious when they screw up meds. so easy to get your health affected. and needing to go out! wanted dinner out so we ended up at a close by Vietnamese restaurant for the first time newer place. so now dh knows he can eat that. kids had leftovers so lunch. ihop was closed for dinner. was dd grad so you came in did all the shots they took family ones too which they will send. going to photoshop all the grads together for one photo. small school suited her as she is not into celebrations. and you had to keep the robe etc. usually reused. ice cream truck came by so we got that too. then we were on the couch and realized at 930 we forgot the csa! Thanks for the tip CH ..hate cilantro but this time it came w a potted basil so that will last.

moms appt and we went to safeway almost $200 later .. 88 cent sale so got 1.88lb chicken drumsticks cheap here.. some marinated pork loins, 1.99 weiners, 88cent half gallon pop, bakery bread, hotdog buns, bagels still very fresh but $1 off stickers so works. ice cream treats, frozen veggies and all the reg stuff. can't come home with cat food!

tonight was warm and just felt a lot warmer..sweated so much when out in the garden for a bit cutting stuff. ds was are you sunburned cus i was all red ..not but came in and turned on the a/c. got my package from cousin kaftans I bought from her store so set for summer.

a couple of long term care homes have cases of covid one but turns out they didn't have it someone got sent there from the hospital ..2 diff homes from the area now have it cus people from local hospital got sent back. of course quarantined but of course homes not happy! don't blame them don't know where the screw up was. most deaths are in the care homes.

had defrosted chicken thighs so marinated them in bottled orange ginger sauce for dh too bbq. hotdogs too. chicken can be used tomorrow. dd and I watched the first 3 esp of great sewing bee latest season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to clean my car and then pick up DD and GD from airport this afternoon. Haven’t seen them since Christmas. Putting ribs on for dinner. Not much else going on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another hot one, blah blah, etc.

Need to go over the garden, then stay inside the rest of the day. Plenty of housework to do, boxes to move, and so on. Hoping grocery ads show up today.

Got chicken out of the freezer, not sure what I'm doing with it. Depends on how much I feel like cooking later.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, another hot one. Supposed to get rain this weekend. Going to the store to get supplies for this weekend.

Peg - If you're needing to get out, pack a lunch or get drive thru if you think it's safe. Drive to a nice quiet, scenic area and sit in the car and eat lunch. Believe me, it does wonders. I've done that a few times. It's was a nice change of scenery. Dh and I do that for date night too. Dgd loves it too, when she tags along.

The driveway is a no go. I'm done with this guy. 3 months ago, we got a bid. Supposed to have started within 2 weeks. We were told Tuesday, now it's Thursday and nothing out of anyone. Neighbor across the street has access to the bobcat and said he'd help with the back yard for the pool. Nope. Nothing. They are going to be moving and have started work on their house to get it ready for sale. Dh put a message out on nextdoor for someone to come dig up the area. We could rent one from home depot, but thought maybe we could pay someone and hopefully it would be cheaper. The summer will be over and dgd didn't get to swim. I know people are busy, but don't tell us you can help and then totally blow us off. Not even a word to say sorry, but we can't right now.

We've been looking for some land to build a house. No luck so far. Ready to move and get away from people. So many new neighbors and they aren't always good. We can barely get out of our driveway sometimes because there are so many cars parked everywhere.

Made taco last night. Either leftovers or maybe BLTs tonight with the last of my homegrown lettuce. Need to make some cornbread. Dh asked for some last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel like sh*t. I've most likely got labyrinthitis and spend most of the afternoon lying on the floor getting sick as soon i moved my head, waiting for an ambulance, and in the hospital. They'll do an MRI scan of my brain later, probably next week, to make sure it's not something worse.

My mom visited me at the hospital, and I went home with her. Lying in the sun on her in her garden now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine I hope you are feeling better!! hope it is just quick bug to get over and nothing serious. Jettsmom that is so frustrating! esp when it is is stuff easily done with social distancing. hopefully you get to hire someone.

lazy day today. sunny but staying inside. of course housework etc. organizing for tomorrow 2 library pickups. need to get pet litter too tomorrow . milk etc. cat boxes need litter replaced. so far only noon.. nagging kids the usual. at least last week of school. dd video grad tonight ..they made a video which will show via zoom. watched going my way for the first time. nice thing w computers and internet can get stuff done easy. organized work meeting for next week to go with other job since in same area.

got my kaftans from cousin. bought from her store can't get them here. so now I can be cool and not look like mrs roper lol more tropical she gets them from bali. have pissed off cat.. he wouldn't come in on time and dh had to go grab him out of the neighbours yard after he was spotted by dh and turned his back and ran off from him. so big no no. if you don't listen you don't get to go out. happens a couple times a year. the neighbourhood doesn't need us calling for him after 11 at night. he is suppose to be in at 10. so inside today and trying to get the kids to let him out. we have coyotes running around at night early morning..and spring time is missing cat and small dog time. lots of posters out for missing pets that won't be found. even if the shelter finds dead cats they will post area found and what it looks like so you can call to make sure. of course the other two get to go out so he is not happy about that lol.

dh bbq the chicken but wasn't quite done when ds ate it. so will be cooked when reheated tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine hope your MRI turns out okay.........it's a horrible feeling to be dizzy and sick....hope you feel better soon....did they give you anything to help you feel better until it clears up????

Jettsmom I'm sorry you are having problems with people keeping their word....I wish we could move to the country....get out of this concrete city...but husband refuses to budge....and to be fair, he still works so he doesn't want to commute....so here we are...I'm too old now to start over in a new house....just the thought of packing up and moving makes me tired....Hope you find something soon.....I think lots of families are moving in together with the economy being what it is and with this virus people losing their jobs......which means more cars....we have a few houses in our neighborhood who have three and four families living together....personally I don't care....I feel sorry for them but don't park all over the street. The people next door, who I don't know, they don't speak English but I wave and smile when I see them, turned their garage into a room and they rent it out....I had no idea until another person told me....of course it's not legal but I really don't care....they keep their house and yard neat and except for a few loud parties in the past when kids were younger, I have no complaints....

Rabbit wow you are busy....made me tired just reading your post....

We do go for a drive usually Saturday and Sunday....my husband has no sense of adventure....he would rather drive freeways which he does everyday for his job, where I want to explore the back roads....the trip to the country was great last week once we got off the freeway and a started going thru the little towns......

Last night we got a multi text invite to husband's niece's daughters graduation party....lots of "yes we will be there" (have no idea who these yeses were from) but I am not comfortable going so I declined.......have no idea if those going are being careful or if they are "this is just a virus" and aren't taking precautions....I'll send a card and check.

Cleaning out china cabinet today....It will take awhile....trying to make decisions on what to keep and what not to keep...I'm trying to follow CH's tag line...."if you don't use it get rid of it"...LOL

GB enjoy your visit with your granddaughter....fun times ahead....

Been reading a lot...finished a book last night....

Called RA doctor yesterday....she did not get message I left last week....spoke to nurse and she called back and said she is going have to do more research and will get back to me....she was totally disgusted with mail order pharmacy....especially when I told her they left $6000.00 worth of meds on my front porch....and no one authorized them to be sent....husband saw the charge but I thought it was for the other meds which will be shipped to doctor's office....and pharmacy is always calling me wanting me to get all my meds from them....nope not going happen....

Hope everyone has a great day....stay safe....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine, sorry you feel bad. Hope they have a treatment for you soon.

Jetts, that is soooo irritating. I'm in agreement with you on the people who blow you off without a word. So common around here. I can't tell you how many contractors I've tried to hire who never call me back.

And I am so ready for rain. Not going to get tomato cages in unless we get a good soaking.

Busy afternoon so far. DH brought some boxes in and I need to find a place for stuff. Already folded and put laundry away. Put the electric blanket away, had to dig stuff out of the closet to get to the storage chest. Picked lettuce for dinner and watered this morning. Picked and dried a tray of oregano stems. Washed dishes. Started a new jug of sun tea. Made some hot tea for myself to drink, grocery ads and bank statements came in the mail and I need to look those over.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my gosh Tine, hope your MRI comes out ok. Nice that you can stay at your moms to have her help you out.

Martha, thanks for the info on the curbside pickup. Probably not the graduation your daughter was hoping for but glad to see young people making the best of it.

bw, I talked my mom into getting rid of her china cabinet a couple of years ago. None of us girls want anything and she only uses a few pieces of it so I told her it's not worth having to clean the whole thing a couple of times a year. Told her to just put the pieces she uses in a closet and get rid of the china cabinet.

We moved out to the country from the Detroit suburbs 17 years ago and wish we would have done it sooner. It is so peaceful and just a different way of life. I have neighbors but none of them are close enough to bother me. Pretty much everyone out here is here because they don't want neighbors. We are thinking about moving to a more populated area when we retire but listening to everyone here, I am starting to have doubts! My iron died a few days ago so dh ordered me another one on line, I really could care less about it so I let him pick it out. Got it today and it looks like a retro iron. Funny, I wonder if he picked it because of that. I have some shorts that need ironing and that is about all I use it for.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have been stripping wallpaper, about 5 hours each yesterday & today. More tired today, mostly standing up & near the ceiling. Only about 25% done I think, lots of small areas (bathroom). At least it is coming off well and won't have to repair drywall, probably just a coat of primer then paint. Been on my "to do" list for a while, will be very glad when it is done. Told hubby the closet needs to be painted inside and it's all his junk in there - ha ha. Rainy weather and noticing mosquitoes now. Finished a e-book and downloaded another one to start. Hubby made salad for supper, we have leftovers for Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine- I had a similar issue and they thought it was a brain issue. It was crystals and wax in ears. Hope you are better.
    Peg- that's crazy about meds on the porch. I still haven't gotten my refill for thyroid. I sent email to doc today. Nurse didn't respond. My niece's son had a graduation. I sent a check. No response or thank-you. That was over a month ago.
    Martha- LOL at the mrs roper comment!

DH got a call from car warranty place. The work he needed on his car cost more than the value of the car. According to the warranty, the cost of repair can't be more than the value per visit. So the shop fixed half and will attempt the other half in a month. See if they can get around this.....

I make payments on surgery I had over the Summer. I got 3 emails saying they were going to charge me on the same day this month...I assume that's 3 charges since they were emailed on 3 different days... So, I'm putting a block on my credit card and I only have 3 payments left! I called and they said they would never do that! I said, look, you're a collections agency. Everyone wants their money during CoVid! They said they would look into it and call me in a hour...Nope. So, I'm blocking the credit card from transactions. I will lift the block once for a single charge but not three... Next month, I'll lift it once and keep going this way. The kicker is that when the phone call was over, they thought they hung up on me. So I kept listening as the women spoke.... The supervisor said, "This is a tough one.." Not sure what she meant.... Then they figured out I was on the line and hung up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you. I’m feeling better today, but still a little dizzy, nauseous and very tired. Feel like I still have to be careful not moving too much. I got som anti nausea pills at the hospital and they helped me last night before I went to bed.

My dad is a radiographer and got my MRI scan moved up from 7/9 to 7/1. The department has two scanners, but one of them is out of order. They are waiting for a new one and have a longer waiting list than usually. He also got me higher on their list for getting a sooner appointment if somebody cancels their appointment.

I’m getting a $432 rebate on my water and heating bill. I pay $105 a month, and once a year my landlord measure my use and calculate if I get a rebate or an extra bill. Got a rebate last year too. My rent is going up $3.5 a month from next month. It’s very low compared to a lot of other landlords.