2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 79
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2969767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1215
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's good progress on the pool. How many gallons of water does it need?
    I walked the dog quite a long way this morning, I think he is tired. Hubby has gone out to work, glad there is $$ coming in and the house is quiet. Overcast today so not as hot, maybe storms later. I want to finish a sewing project and bake and freeze muffins for this week. Hubby bought steaks so I will make potato salad. If I soak beans tonight I can make baked beans in the crock pot Monday, sounds like a plan. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Putting up the mounds of spaghetti squash in the freezer. Not doing much else today. The past three days have nearly killed me.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Take a break, GB. I bet it feels good to have all that in the freezer.

Going to be another hot and hazy day here. No rain in the forecast for us. Spending a mostly lazy day at home. Have a load of laundry to do, want to pack up a box of donations, and should go pick lettuce.

Dlr, the steak and potato salad sounds nice. I'm going to make rice to put under half a bag of asian style meatballs, leftover peanut sauce, and steam some veggies.

Well, right after I posted that we didn't have to wear masks here, they went and made it mandatory "in public places where social distancing is not possible". So, really, no different than what people are already doing voluntarily. I don't need to wear one in my car, or on the street, or if there's no one else in the store with me. And people who have breathing difficulties or who are disabled and would have problems with a mask (who should be safely at home anyway) aren't required to have one. And they are only policing on a complaint basis.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday dh worked which was great because he had been on OT since Friday. He doesn't get asked much to work on Saturdays anymore since he doesn't like to work them but since it was the second day of OT he couldn't pass it up. I took foster dog to the park in the morning for a 2 mile hike, she did great and I think it helps a little with her anxiety issues. Will have to see if things get somewhat better when we do this on a regular basis. Since dh was gone I got a lot done. Stripped the bed, load of wash, vacuumed house, dusted, trimmed tree, scrubbed dog pool plus bird bath, and weeded.

Today we got up and went to Meijer at 7:30 to avoid the rush. We are having a BBQ this evening so picked up some stuff to make side salads, corn on the cob and watermelon. Dh made us breakfast when we got back and then while I was starting to put together a pasta salad, he washed the cars. It's embarrassing how long it's been since they have been washed. We cut little dogs nails, he has an appointment at the vet this afternoon so I wanted them done before I go so they won't ask me if I want them to do them. I think we are just going to have a lazy afternoon sitting out on the back porch. I am excited that our library is opening tomorrow, I have a 4:15 pick up time for my requested books. I have been waiting for these books for 3 months!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB- Get some rest. The squash can hang on another day.....

This mask wearing is causing all of us to break out. We look like we all have acne. I've never looked this bad in a long time.

DH and DS2 went to the gym. DS2 had severe pain after running track and got home and wanted help. He had pain in between shoulder blades and tough to breathe. I gave him ibuprofen and 80% went away. Several hours later, all pain left and breathing returned. I said it could've been a strain or possibly heart issues but we'll watch it. I looked it up online and symptoms were that of a dislocated rib. It wouldn't surprise me.

I tried to place a online order at Target but it wasn't accepting my gift cards. How irritating. I'll have to go there as DS2 wanted cereal.

DS1 may go camping for the holiday. If not, he'll come with us to the pop-up drive-in. I hope we can all go. The campsite is 6+ hours away and hopefully, they change their minds. The friends have a new pup and I dunno if the pup is going camping too. He's not potty trained or anything.

I tried to discuss some DIY projects with DH but he has refused all of them. I'm so bummed. If nothing else, I wanted to put up dry wall in the garage as half is done and then hang cabinets. Nope. Epoxy the garage floor. Nah. Put a bathroom in the basement. No way. Just disappointing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working at the soup kitchen, going to teach DGD how to cross stitch and using up chicken and adding shrimp for stir fry tonight. Neighbor brought corn and cucumbers. I put corn in freezer. Cucumbers will be pickled. Going to be another hot day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Somewhat hot today but not too bad. Baked beans are in the crock pot. I have to pack today and leave Tuesday 6 AM to go to dad's house for a few days. Sure hope brother is feeling able by Wednesday evening, we'll see. Sis-in-law is digging/rooting some plants from her yard for me, also rooting African violet leaves which I asked her about. She is in some sort of garden club so I asked the right person... The coleus and impatiens I started from seed were very disappointing. I hope everyone has a good week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another hot one here today. Going to do some laundry and maybe venture out to a store. Sometimes I just need to get out. Dh and his brother will go get the sand we need for the pool. It should be all set up and ready to fill on Thursday for sure. It will take about 4,000 gallons. We aren't filling it all the way up. Dgd isn't that tall and we want her to be able to stand with her head above water. She's so excited. She doesn't care if it's cold. We found a salt water filter on ebay yesterday. The pump that comes with it isn't big enough. Too many people have said it's not big enough. We wanted to do salt water anyway. The pump should be here on Friday. We'll run the smaller pump until it gets here.

I'll let dh go get the sand. I can't handle wearing a mask in this heat. I know our city will follow the larger city and make masks mandatory. Our mayor is a joke. I told dh that if that happens, he'll have to put up with the fruit they pick for our order or eat canned fruit. I'll just order our food from walmart or one other store. I can't do the masks. I saw a post from a friend, and there are people at city hall downtown protesting the mandatory masks. She was there with her kids. Kind of crazy but whatever. I guess when you don't have anything else to do, go protest something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going to be hot, but clouds/sand storm blocking most of the sun and we have a good breeze. Staying inside most of the day. Taking some extra pepper plants over to a friend this evening. She is a new gardener (this is her 2nd year) so still learning. Will be nice to get out of the house for an hour.

Rujerro, sorry about the DIY projects. I get that from DH a lot. He doesn't like doing anything around the house. I have to coax him to do the smallest tasks and then he groans and sighs and swears the whole time. He complained about the cost of the storage trailer for the basement remodel, but is making no effort to empty it. So we will have it another month now.

I don't have plans for anything this week and I'm going a little stir-crazy. Plenty of house work, sure, but I can only do so much of that without a break or a reward. I miss having something to look forward to.

Going to thaw a pack of chicken for dinner. Got brussels sprouts to go with that.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol think it is a middle age man thing..they don't want to do it but don't hire for it either. like they don't want to admit they can't do it or don't want too. dh doesn't argue about it much yet lol need to hire a painter here. he thinks he can do it but no he can't. love him but if you can't paint a door without leaving patches of unpainted spots cus you can't see the difference in paint then... eyes are going. and he is too tired and stressed .. needs a few weeks off first to do big projects. which hasn't happened not his fault.

you must be excited w the pool happening! I want our pool up and the boys complaining since we can't have it since it would be in a little different place. couple of feet is not going to make a big difference. and ds is will take up the part of the yard left..like you play soccer or anything.. nope so will go up. getting hot here! and only a couple of months.

trying to get motivated for work. getting it done today so I have tomorrow free for other things. now picking up kids cousin from work and sleepover tomorrow and last day of fabricland sale. wed is a stat holiday. dd grad bbq went well neighbours family kids playing video games of course. shopped again ..some of it was sales but almost $200 later..have spent $$$$$ so no more. leftovers for dinner. plenty of cake left. csa pickup tomorrow night so fresh veggies and greens coming.

one library pickup too ..really need to lock myself away and read! lots of new books. getaway in august booked ..just a couple of days. but nice to get away. just a few hours away. more work in the garden too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to be hot here, too. Walking early and then watering. Transplanting Black-eyed Susans and Purple coneflower to swap with friends. Getting Turks cap to plant later. DGD and I are making ginger cookies and dill pickles later. Cheese stuffed hamburgers for dinner. Got to pay bills too. Swimming to end the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. At dad's for probably the next 36 hours. Hope brother comes home OK by late afternoon. Not much to do here except clean house. I really don't watch TV. Brought a book and cross-stitch. Sounded like hubby was planning to work on bathroom painting while I am gone. We'll see how much he gets done there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cloudy again, muggy and supposed to get very hot despite the cloud cover. Heat warnings in effect. I hope everyone is enjoying their pool.

Going out today, just need to get out of the house. DH says the milk went off, so I'll stop and get some fresh, and whatever else is on the list. Have loyalty points at a local shop, will get myself a free pizza for lunch. May buzz through Joann's or Hobby Lobby just for the sake of it. Going stir crazy at home.

Italian sausage with peppers and potato hash for dinner.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another hot, humid day. Not good for working outside. Our order for the pool pump was cancelled. Can't find anything else. We'll just have to make due with the one we have. Went to Menards yesterday to get sand for the bottom layer. We'll need to go back for another load. Truck can't handle the total weight. We weren't sure how much we needed so bought only half of what we planned. Got the wood to make a retaining wall for one side since we had to go down almost 2 feet to get the ground level. We'll finish it off with a little deck on one side. The landscaping timbers we wanted were out of stock, but they couldn't see that when we placed the order. Have to go in for a refund. Will also refund the pool pump sand too, since we aren't getting that pump. Dh also has to run to a landscape supply store for some things for work.

Today is the last mask free day for a while. Tomorrow starts mandatory masks. I'll stay home. I'll let someone else to my shopping. I keep saying I'm going to make some masks but never get to it. I'd better try to get at least one done. Hopefully the cotton will be better than the disposable ones I have now. I can't breathe in them.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. I have bbq beef I made last night and we didn't eat. Ran to QT for hotdogs. It was late. A bit too late. I was still awake at 330 this morning. I also thawed steaks. If we eat steak, I'll probably need to thaw an extra for dh's brother. Plenty to eat, just need to decide on what. I better go make that cornbread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brother is home again but the treatment (laser kidney stone removal) was not successful and he will have to go back in a couple weeks for them to try again. Makes me wonder.