2020 Frugal Challenge - Page 97
Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1657
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you are a blessing to others bookworm! rujerro keeps popping in my mind of the family you helped moving into a bigger place.. poor kids who would have to clear that out. The kitchen was more painting ..just dealing w old old paint etc lots of sanding, mudding etc. at least they can work parts of it around the bathroom remodel. got a new light cus the old one was running hot when they got up to the ceiling. I am thinking while on a roll...always wanted butcher block countertop which is cheap at ikea and matches the ikea stuff. friend says he has a lot of it so..talking like maybe 6ft w sink. and subway tile backsplash. not big. now patterned beige/tan lino top wood trim 80s style. at least the upgrades done in the house were in neutral colours.

dh says the pool heater won't work cus our pump is not strong enough to push the water though from big hose to little hole. one of those black mat things water goes though and heats from sun. if he can't return it then can sell.

One reason I went w him cus he worked for me at old company and he was always a good employee plus fb friends. building boom here for years so hard to get smaller jobs done. just need to pick bathroom paint colour and knobs for antique cabinet cus the ones on it are rusted.

got csa..lots of yellow squash and zucchini. plus more leeks ..the carrots are small but a bag full..dd was that is what they make baby carrots from ..said no just young. plus tomatoes, lettuce. have the stuff from two weeks ago too.. told dh he is bbqing zucchini tomorrow. tonight he picked up pizza on way home. both of us worked and didn't feel like cooking. supporting local my excuse lol
    Last edited by marthamfi; 08-11-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh has been rebooting the router etc because amazon wouldn't stream. have been watching the first season of american horror story. we started a few years ago all out of order.

school will be delayed here, they want the elementary kids full time cus parents need it. high school half and half maybe. how people are complaining homelearner programs are full..well the people who were going before this. and no french immersion homelearners... big here and most parents w kids in it can't speak it. there is lots of homelearner/school options here field trips etc. did homelearning for a few years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to be 102 here today. Got to get my watering done. Cleaning house and doing laundry is on the agenda. Going to the grocery store when DH gets off. Dinner will be leftovers. I’ll be too tired to cook tonight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another hot one here. So humid yesterday. The fridge is still chiming. Dh thinks it's the control panel going out. A new one is $150. He'll look into fixing it first. Then when we went to eat tacos, the check engine light came on as well as the 4wd and traction lights. Dh looked it up and then checked it when we got home and it's the o2 censor. Fairly easy fix. Then dh and his brother took their dad to the hospital last night. He fell twice. He complained that his chest was hurting. I think he must have hit something when he fell. Dh couldn't get him up because he kept screaming about the pain. He agreed to go to the hospital. He's in bad shape. His bloodwork was not good. He doesn't take his meds, etc. So we have his dog with us. Poor thing, she was really stressed last night. My dogs don't like her too much. She got along great with our old dogs. She's probably thinking, where are my old friends.

Dgd will come spend the night tonight. Dh has to work all weekend, so she won't be spending the night then. She gave me a grocery list. Cucumbers and whipped cream. I think she wants to play spa. She wanted to cut my hair a few days ago. I let her trim and tiny bit from a few strands. She was happy.

I better get the dishes done and another load of laundry started. I've got to go to the store to get a few things. Figure out something for dinner.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hot and steamy here. It's summer. No plans today, waiting on a couple packages. One for each of us, going to see which gets here first.

DH is complaining about work. Well they don't pay him to do easy stuff.

Going to watch some art videos and do some sewing.

Dinner is asian style short ribs on the grill, rice, stir fried green beans, and cucumbers.

Jetts, hope you get the fridge figured out before it fails, and that FIL is doing better soon.

M, yellow squash and zucchini sound good. I have not seen any fresh locally, only stuff brought from out of state, all bruised up.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom you are the best grandmother.....I love reading about the fun things you do with your dgd....so much fun for her...no wonder she loves going to see you....

Refrig are not cheap to fix. Use to be it was cheaper to buy a new one but with the prices today I'm not sure that is true. Hope you can get it fixed....cheaply...

Hope you fil is okay. My biggest fear is getting sick and having to go to hosptial.

GB wow that is hot.....I am not sure what the temp is but I don't think it's that hot....probably high 90's.

I picked up a small table and desk. I have a huge trunk on the front patio which needs replaced and I think one of these will do the trick. Just need something out there for plants etc. Will paint to match the front door....the trunk was great when we would put out my nativity scene at Christmas time....husband put it on the side and we would open it up and I had decorated the inside top with Christmas paper, blue with stars, and we had a light inside..the top had a chain that attached to the shutter to keep it open......at night we could just turn off the light and close up the lid and you wouldn't know there was nativity set inside. Of course we don't do that anymore with all the thief in our neighborhood and around...

Hope everyone has a great week....stay well and stay safe.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jett- How is your FIL? Better, I hope. Is his dog doing ok with your pets? Having a spa day with your dgd sounds like fun.
    Peg- The nativity scene sounds beautiful. It's a shame we have to be aware of porch pirates and not do what we want to and decorate as we want.

Went to the post office and it was an hour long in line.....Twenty people behind us. We had to get a refund on a certified letter that was lost. Then resend it with a signature, which was $7! I overheard a customer complaining that her tracked letter was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago and where was it? I didn't stay to hear the outcome.

Took DS2 to his favorite store. Barnes & Noble. I'd like to write a book (e-book?) about college scholarships. There was only one in the resources area. I think I have a lot to say about it and thinking out of the box to apply for more.

DS1 accepted a new job. He's leaving a county job, which makes me nervous, so I hope it works out for him. DH didn't hear back from the job he applied for.

I made a steak sandwich for lunch and asian shrimp noodle dish for dinner. I also made cranberry orange scones. I got 2 melons (Gala and cantaloupe). I brewed hibiscus tea and turned it into iced tea. Not sure about dinner tomorrow.

I booked a night at a hotel as a overnight stay not far from home. Due to hazardous conditions, the highway was closed. I told DH about it and he said he planned on going anyway and didn't believe me. I called the hotel and they confirmed what I saw online. Today, DH said the roads would be open and he would take a different road. I looked online and that road was closed. He argued with me about it and said I'm always wrong. He did his own sleuthing and discovered that yes, all roads are closed in that area. I had to tell him about it and more arguing. He has really gotten very angry and even leaves the gym because he hates the mask wearing. So he sits in the car.....We both took off this week for vacation and it's been stressful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My eldest DS and DIL are coming for the weekend tonight. I’ve got to make a grocery run and stop at Joanns for thread. It’s suppose to be 102 again today and 107 tomorrow. My poor chickens may not survive. Thank goodness they are in the shade. My moo flowers that I got a start from a friend began blooming last night. Don’t have a clue what’s for dinner tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Grocery shopped already, got sale meats and some baking items. Hamburgers for supper. Rain and occasional thunder this morning, will be inside the rest of the day. Trying to deal with dog club paperwork and event stuff, it's a pain and totally not worth my time. Thank goodness I won't have to do it next year. Need to think about a new vet as the 2 I previously used at the clinic have left. Plus expensive and not close by. Dog had diarrhea last night 11 pm, that is the most frequent problem. Wish I could find a solution, I have tried probiotics and new sensitive-stomach food. His outside walk times are consistent so that's not the problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dlr, hope you're able to find a good vet. It's like trying to find a good doctor for yourself.

I forgot my cat had an appt yesterday for her allergy shot, so it was re-scheduled for today. It's cloudy and I hope it stays cool, it will be better for her in the car.

Rujerro, my DH has gotten pretty grumpy lately too. At first he was happy to stay home as he does not like being in a crowded noisy office where people can bother him. But now we've gone months without any kind of break or stress relief and it shows. I can't talk to him about anything, it turns into an argument. Or he starts ranting "They should have done this, or they should have done that, I would sue those %$#@!! " And he doesn't see how crazy he sounds. I wish he would go to the gym and work it off, we signed up for a family membership together.

Grocery ads came and I need to make a list. I just got milk on Monday so I may not need to go out. Did a big shop last week. We are out of chicken breast though, one of the stores has it for 2.49, which is more than I like to pay but heck of a better deal than it was last week.

Going to grill hot dogs for dinner, and make some kind of salad or slaw.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another hot one. Dgd went home. We didn't do the spa, but did hair salon instead. She is determined to cut my hair. I told her next week, when papa is there to help. I do want to cut a couple of inches off. She said she wants to be a hair stylist and a doctor. Maybe she could be an oncologist and do hair for cancer patients. She's so sweet. She did get a bit of an attitude before leaving, but that's usually how it is with mom.

Dh got his new truck. He was able to sell his old one at the last minute and get a little more for it than the dealer was offering. I think he'll be happy for a long time. He has 4wd now and the seats are more comfortable. The other truck, the front seats were like the back seats on this one. I haven't driven it yet, so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

Father inlaw is still in the hospital. Not sure how he's doing. He's not happy. He wants someone to stay with him, but he's only allowed one visitor/day. He doesn't understand that. I don't think he's really aware of the corona virus.

I got saurkraut at the store yesterday. We had some leftover corned beef and dh said he'd like to make a rueben. I'll have hot dogs. There's leftover potato salad too. Can't eat out as much with the new truck. But we went and got some food last night. It was late and no one had eaten.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jetts glad your husband got his truck....that always makes a man happy....hope your fil improves...it's very hard for the elderly.....so sad....I had that friend in the nursing home for years who I would visit every Wednesday, and emailed her daughter last week asking about the family and she mentioned how happy they are that her mom and dad is not here to go thru this mess.

Did you see where they said cabbage would help with the virus....something about in Germany the numbers are low and they were saying it was because they ate a lot of saurkraut. just saw that one article so don't know just how true it is....I think they are grasping at straws.

Rujjero and CH hope your husbands calm down....I think it's very hard on hard working men who haven't been able to work as they are use to. It's very stressful.

It was very hot yesterday...103....seems like it is the same today....

Why do I have to cook AGAIN tonight???? I am tired of this....

Rec'd another box from my sister in GA. I swear it was like I was shopping with her....pencils, the good kind Ticonderoga...pens...matchbox cars, crayons, coloring pencils and 20 pairs of no show socks....I needed those socks and the cars really bad....had run out last week....God is good.

Hope everyone is having a good week....stay safe...stay healthy....I'm still in.....still in red zone...going to celebrate when we drop to orange by going shopping...told husband to get those cc ready.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Austin kids came last night for the weekend. Not doing much today. Suppose to be 107.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. I gave myself a "day off" yesterday, just read e-book and cross-stitched after grocery store. Not so hot today but very humid outside. Downloaded 2 more e-books and put together another cross-stitch "kit" from stuff on hand, occupy myself at dad's this weekend. Making gumbo for supper - I like it, everyone else not such a fan. Could make a cake in microwave, I have 9" plastic pans and a couple of recipes that work. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's Friday. Does that mean anything any more? Not going to be 107 but we will hit mid 90's with very high humidity. Not a leaf is moving.

Rug I washed is not dry, but I hope it will get close today. Have a couple more days of dry weather coming, so I will wash the 2nd rug, too. Have laundry to fold and put away, and a few other housekeeping tasks.

Soup and leftovers for dinner. Still need to go over the grocery ads and make a list. I see chicken and butter at not-bad prices.

Use it up, Wear it out,