Simplify Your Life September Challenge
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Simplify Your Life September Challenge

It seems like a lot of us want to simply our life and live with fewer things or we just want to be more efficient with our time. So, since I need this challenge, I thought I'd start this new thread.  What have you done today or this week to simplify your life?  Did you throw something out?  Did you donate something?  Did you find a more efficient way to do a task?  Did you organize a drawer?  Did you clean your refrigerator?  Have you found a new use for something?  What did you do to make your environment a better place to be?

I know that I need to call the Salvation Army to pick up two chairs.  I could have done this all summer, but did I do it?  No.  I don't even have a good reason.  Have I finished cleaning out my closet?  No.  Have I watched too much coverage of Katrina?  Yes.  So, I need to JUST DO IT!

So, if you desire an organized, simple life, join me in this challenge.  I think this will be tougher for me than the frugal challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! Tonight I will start cleaning out my closet, which really needs done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. Yesterday, I made a large batch of baking mix from which I can easily make biscuits, pancakes, muffins, etc. It'll make school mornings easier. Today, I'm going to clean out the toy basket in the family room.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is a easy challenge for me. I've been on a simple living journey for years and it comes easier with each new year.

Yesterday I walked through the garden, my feet enjoying the newly tilled soil. They were blacker than the ace of spades when I came in the house, but it was wonderful to get them dirty, to feel the soft soil beneath my feet.

I packaged up some magazines, a book and some material to send to friends, thus decluttering my sewing room. It feels great to share with others things I know they'll enjoy now that I'm finished with them.

I have a large box ready to take to the Salvation Army next time I'm in the city.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh good. I'm glad people are jumping on board. I can always use new ideas, and this will keep me goal-oriented.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am absolutely loving this type of lifestyle. I decided this year that I would begin to simplify. It's amazing as I declutter my home (and I am absolutely ruthless with my decluttering!), how much calmer I am becoming. My home seems quieter (with two kids, a husband and a dog, that is an accomplishment!), my life is becoming quieter.

I only allowed my daughter to take two extra curricular activities (my son is only 2 so he is not in anything yet) and she loves it! We have bagged up about 20 black garbage bags of items that have been donated to women's shelters, the Diabetes association and the Salvation Army. We also had a huge garage sale this spring....the extra money put to good use. I also had many garbage bags full of broken items, etc. IT felt SOOOOO GOOOD getting rid of all that stuff....especially giving the stuff to people who could really use it.

And it is very easy to find things and to keep things clean. I also have seen my urge to spend money on material possessions become less and less. In fact, I actually see that I just want things that keep me feeling warm and comfortable. I don't NEED a new comforter for my bed. I don't NEED a new winter jacket...etc.

I also found that I have simplified my cooking and my style. I always cook from scratch but use basic ingredients. Not only does it making cooking less time consuming but the food is always good, tasty and totally within my budget.

I find we are saving more money, enjoying the things we like and I can sleep at night knowing all the bills are paid, we are warm and comfortable.

Yes, life is much more enjoyable and I feel very free knowing I'm not ever going to be a slave again to materialistic possessions. I love the way I live and wouldn't change it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to simplify my life. I want to cut down my food wastage by buying only the fruit and vegetables I need from the greengrocer. Tomorrow I am going to find the time to clean out the refrigerator and plan next weeks meals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, we got a burn barrel and are going to make a compost pile. This will greatly reduce our garbage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This weekend, I plan on cleaning out another closet. Just too much stuff!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am slowly cleaning out closets and getting rid of unused, unwanted items. By challenge for the remainder of this month is to NOT buy alot of items on vacation just because they are "nice"etc.
    And I am not subscribing to so many magazines. I have so many already and so many, many books that it is a shame not to use them up first, then pass them along to someone else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As I've been re-decorating and rennovating our home I've been keeping my eye on the goal of simplifying things. So I've tried to keep the clutter to a minimun (at least for me) and to always be thinking of what things would make the house much easier to keep for now and the years to come. I've been cleaning the past couple of days (I don't do the whole house at once anymore....I'm getting old....lol) and I have to say that I've made leaps and bounds in this area, the simplifiying has helped soooo much. I visited an old friend yesterday and I have to say that her house reminded me of the days that I had so much clutter. I was so pleased when I walked back into to my clutter free place.
    My accomplishment for the week in simplifying was to clean up my office and get rid of a box of magazines and some empty boxes that I've been keeping for some goofy reason. Yeah, that felt good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I boxed up some magazines to send to the soldiers in Iraq. I need to get it in the mail. I also tossed in some snacks, but I receive so many magazines in the mail I wanted them to be read by someone who might enjoy them.

I have a box started of items to donate. Will drop it off soon.

I am trying to relax more and enjoy the simple things in life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week I am planning to completely empty and clean my bathroom. Then I want to paint it and only bring back in there what is really needed and make sure it is well organized.
    Cindy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Michelle, I'd like to do the same thing with my magazines. Do you have an address of where I could send them? That's a great idea. I have hard time parting with magazines, it's really silly, but I can't bring myself to throwing them out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If sending magazines is difficult, just pass them on to the local seniors home or doctors office, or shelter for abused women all of whom like reading material that is light and easy to read in one sitting.