Week of 11/25 - 12/1 ... Make it do or do without challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Week of 11/25 - 12/1 ... Make it do or do without challenge

Yep, it's just me again ...

Okay, how about a challenge for the week along the lines of the old adage:

Use it up, wear it out ... make it do or do without.

Maybe you could find ingredients in the cupboards/fridge or freezer for one more meal instead of having to go to the store to get something for supper.

Or ... well, just about anything that you would otherwise have gone to the store and bought but instead, you find an alternative [if possible] to buying something.

As for mine ... I got my Christmas tree out the other night and man, it either shrunk or it wasn't near as tall as I "thought" it was [I'm guessing it was my memory rather than it shrinking. *Grin*]

Anyways, one of my first thoughts was that "I'm going to Walmart and buying a new tree" ... one that is musical and revolves that's pre-decorated, pre-lit and so forth.

BUT ... I actually talked myself out of it so, since this is a perfectly good tree, I'm going to use it instead.

Would I have done it if I hadn't kept coming to FrugalVillage and had the thought in my mind of a challenge for this purpose?

Nope ... instead, I would've hi-tailed it out to Walmart as fast as I could get there so ... yea for me!

Thank you Sara and all my friends here! :-)

There's something about coming here that makes me feel accountable [which is something I desperately need!]

Love,

Jennelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ooohhh, you'd have to post this challenge tonight, wouldn't you?!?! I posted in another thread that I'm looking for an eggless cookie recipe because I ran out of eggs.

DS has been asking for waffles all day and I told him we're out of eggs. So, as I was tucking him in tonight, in the sweetest voice he said "Mommy, could we stop at the store tomorrow to get eggs because I really really want waffles." I told him yes.

UUUGGGGHHHH!!! Ok, do any of you know, will eggbeaters work in waffles?! (I have those)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes you can use egg beaters for eggs anywhere...I do it all the time...I even spray a plate with cooking spray and put egg beaters on it in the microwave to make potato salad..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My daughter is a vegan and makes pancakes with Bisquick just using water. She said they're really good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess next time I'll check at the site here instead of just reading the reply in my e-mail ...

After getting the update asking about using Eggbeaters in waffles I did a search and finally come to the Eggbeaters website and yes, you can use Eggbeaters in anything that you would use eggs in. :-)

Love,

Jennelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you all for your responses!!! I'm in on the challenge! We'll do egg beaters in the waffles AND the cookies that I need for Sunday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be in on the challange. Last night as I was writing Christmas Cards ( I got 15 for $1!) I had 17 people on my list ( only mailing 8 of them) so I was thinking I had to run back to the store and get another box. I looked in with some Christmas things and found a stack of old left over Christmas cards. I will make sure I give those to the people I never sent to before, so I make sure not to duplicate! I then got a file for cabinet that says extra cards...I have 22 left for next year!

Hoping to find more things to NOT spend money this week!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im using last years cards and cutting them for tags for gifts plus I cut down card exchange list down and bought only 15cards for $1.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i don't know about the whole week, but I will do this challenge for the next four days!! my goal is to not spend any money for the next four days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

alright - I'm in - with the exception of putting gas in the car this morning ((UGG)) but that's not an option if I don't want to walk in the rain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok another thing for me. I was in mood for something sweet so I thought Id make cookies. I got to part to add chocolate chips and realized I only had small amount of mini choco chips. So I made first batch and it was bland. I looked around and added a couple teaspoons of hot cocoa mix, and they turned out great. Now Im adding leftover crushed peanuts! Yum

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sign me up!!!

We've been spending so much here lately it's NUTS!!! PLUS we still have the rest of our deposit to pay ($400) PLUS it's CHRISTMAS, DS's bday (DEC. 29) and DH bday (JAN 4)... I won't let myself think about it! It'll get me stressed out! PLUS I have Dr appt on 17th to find out what is the deal w/my body/system... (we had miscarriage in August, making sure nothing underline of a reason...) and you know that the dr NEVER just charges you for the copay!

Dec. we will have to completely tighten our belts (purse strings)!

Thanks!

Kim

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So, how's everyone doing with their challenge so far?

I did good in one aspect but in another ... not so good.

I'm a sucker for anything organizing and a week or so ago I found some pretty photo boxes.

Now, I didn't buy all of them at the time [only 1] but then I found they would be perfect to put certain craft things in and would look so much nicer on my shelves.

So ... the day before yesterday I went back and bought the last two they had.

I guess I should feel a little more guilty about buying them, but honestly ... ?

In the long run, it'll be such a blessing to have pretty boxes and at the same time ... to know exactly what is in them. :-)

Love,

Jennelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been following this thread and figured I'd try. I spilled some milk a couple weeks ago in the back of my car, thought I had taken care of it. When I opened my car door the day before yesterday, I smelled it again. Yuck. When I was picking up my prescription I figured I'd get some febreze or something like it. Picked up the bottle, put it down and came home and sprinkled baking soda back there, guess what - it worked great! I also picked up a box of cake mix, then I put it back when I remembered I had all sorts of things here at home to bake with. Tonight I baked a batch of from scratch brownies. I have to freeze some of them before I make myself think.

You all are teaching me a lot of good things. Thank you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well this must be the week for me! I ran out of deoderant and was thinking darn I need to get some when I got free one in mail that same day!

Also kids wanted tacos, I had the meat, lettuce, and cheese but no shells or taco seasoning. Same day I had el paso taco seasoning in the mail ( hot and spicy though! Wowzie! So we added french dressing to balance it out!) and we used some chips and had taco salad!

Its better than running out and getting something! Make do! Love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast