What gifts are you making this year?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What gifts are you making this year?

I would love to hear what others are making to give as gifts this holiday season. I don't have any ideas yet, myself.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have the talents that many of y'all have so I won't be making much of anything. I'll probably fix some of those hot chocolate jars for some of my neighbors with kids. I enjoy looking at the various crafting sites and dreaming of what I "could" do, but my things don't turn out like the pictures.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a bottle of homemade Kahlua for my bil & sil...I will be making a hungarian dish that takes hours to make gor my dad..My brother and nephews will get some homemade pumpkin bread & homemade cookie tray and my homemade microwave peanut brittle..my brothers girlfriend will get a bottle of homemade Bailey's Irish Cream ..My mil & fil will get homemade goodies also..not sure yet what I'm gonna make them...maybe a pumpkin roll? I might give some of my home canned chicken,meatloaf,beef in a wine sauce or applesauce as gifts also...
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm planning to sew a pillow for my two year old son. Found some Curious George fabric, and he LOVES Curious George! I'm also thinking of making him a blanket - haven't quite decided on that one yet though.

I have no other plans set in stone for homemade gifts yet though. I've been perusing Pinterest and have found many good ideas, I just need to make final decisions on what to make for who.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll be making homemade bath salts for nieces, and homemade cookies for others (such as sis in law/bro in laws)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A photo holder made from wood for my MIL. Perhaps an elephant picture made from buttons for my niece...but i need to find more buttons. Cookies, muffins, biscuits and squares for a bunch of people.

I had more ideas, but not enough time! Maybe next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Simple wood puzzles for the grand daughters (cut out of scrap wood we get free from a friend that does construction work)

Shrinky dink keychains, necklaces, etc. for various friends, grand daughters, etc.

Cable braided knit necklaces for dd and dd in-laws, and some friends.

jams, jellies, breads for neighbors , etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Nadders11 View Post
    A photo holder made from wood for my MIL. Perhaps an elephant picture made from buttons for my niece...but i need to find more buttons. Cookies, muffins, biscuits and squares for a bunch of people.

I had more ideas, but not enough time! Maybe next year.
    Gosh! I wish you were near-by. I have a big box overflowing with buttons. I don't know why, but I've saved buttons for years and years. I think you could make a full size elephant with my buttons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pink and purple ones suebee?? I was gonna buy a pink and purple lot on etsy for $10 I think. I need those colors in a variety of sizes. If I buy them here individually ill be paying way too much. It would be super cute in a shadow box for my nieces room. She loves elephants.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd have to get them out and look to see if I have any or many pink and blues. I know Michaels sells bags of buttons. I've never paid attention to see if they have bags in solid colors. I will look later today and see what I have. Most have come from clothes that have the extra buttons attached, some from things I've cut the buttons from before tossing out. Lots of plain white shirt-type buttons, I know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Simple wood puzzles for the grand daughters (cut out of scrap wood we get free from a friend that does construction work)
    What a great idea! My father in law does construction - I bet I could get him to save me some wood and we could use our jigsaw to make some gifts!

I just thought of another great idea using wood - when my aunt took a woodworking class in high school she used 2x4's and cut them down to various sizes and even some different shapes (triangles, etc.) and made us some building blocks. We LOVED those building blocks and used them ALL of the time! I have all kinds of scrap 2x4's in the garage from various around the house projects - I could make my son a set of his very own building blocks!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yep - we did the building blocks for the girls before. . . and they still play with them. We did squares, rectangles, triangles, and cut some arches in some for bridges. . . we also cut thick dowel rods into various lengths for towers, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do any of you subscribe to the Better Homes and Garden site?

Fun-to-Make Christmas Holiday Crafts from Better Homes and Gardens

I get e-mail updates all the time. This one has a bunch of really attractive ideas for
    Christmas decorating crafts and while not necessarily "gifts," you might be able to use some of the ideas. This site has many different areas including home decorating, cooking, gift ideas, etc. Also, I personally enjoy getting seasonal decorations as early gifts. We used to do that in the office where I worked.

The first one on the link - the cone-shaped trees...I think you could make those using epsom salts in place of the candy. I might try it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Puzzle Patterns - Airplane Puzzle This is where we get some of our puzzle patterns, plus other woodworking patterns/ideas

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I give family members (and the grand's teachers) simple knitted dish cloths because people like them and they need replacements PLUS it's something I can do while watching tv. Also doing muslin tea/dish towels this year because I love mine. Simple embroidery on them, some serged around and some with crocheted edges. For my darling daughters and families, I am doing special Dr Who dishtowels! Found some fabric online and a little goes a long way for edges and appliques. They are all HUGE fans and are going to love this!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast