Need to Get Cooking
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need to Get Cooking

Life will be getting busy again. Spring/summer sports (track, baseball, soccer) are going to be going full force and my son will be having vision therapy which will mean another full day. I 'm thinking I'll brown some hamburger and freeze along with a meatloaf. I have a chicken I can roast an pull the meat off. I think I just need some different ideas. I'm in a rut, lol. I 'll probably spend today baking cookies and muffins for snacks. Anybody else cooking this weekend?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am telling you, that idea i had where i make extra sloppy joes, or bq and fill the paper cupcakes and freeze and then pop in a baggie, then the kids just nuke for a minute-a minute and half and you keep buns on hand.. it has really been a blessing, quick and really easy.
    another good one is to boil hot dogs, real hot, then pour dogs and water into a thermos, take with buns and ketchup and mustard and when you are ready make a hotdog, and it is still warms.. great for a quick run around..
    just a few ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

look up the chicken spinach soup. my kids went wild for it and good way to use shredded chicken.
    i make it quick too, roll into balls and wrap a piece of bacon around it, and put in a muffin tin and bake.. minis..and they turn our so good..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did a big batch of homemade marinara sauce and froze it in pint sized containers and stuck it in the freezer. Makes for a nice quick dinner idea on a night when I might not be able to stick to my original plans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am making my homemade sauce this weekend, with 7 pounds of meatballs, meat loafs, hamburger browned for tacos etc, homemade pepperoni and some baked goods to fill some of the things I have been using. I do have homemade marinara ,homemade salsa, some shredded beef roast, turkey and chicken for quick nights. Sounds like you have some great advice and plan , have a great productive weekend in the kitchen.