10 Cheap & Healthy Groceries to Buy When You're on a Budget
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 10 Cheap & Healthy Groceries to Buy When You're on a Budget

10 Cheap & Healthy Groceries to Buy When You're on a Budget | EatingWell

A lot of these are good choices but there is no way I'd suggest chocolate to someone on a tight budget as a "healthy" option. Yes, it has antioxidants, but so do a lot of foods that are much better for you, like kale, tomatoes, spinach and beets. And $2 worth of veggies will go a lot farther than $2 of candy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hm, I would say canned tomatoes, chicken, broccoli, pasta, tuna, skim milk, bananas.
    Brown rice (that's 11).
    Agree on eggs, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, onions.
    Last edited by dlrcpa; 09-15-2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Add

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes depending where you are. better to get something else then chocolate. or if you have the sweet tooth some sugar. put on oatmeal etc. or oatmeal packs. frozen mixed veggies are good too. bag of potatoes. just had a flyer from a good cheap store and it was all good deals on bulk amounts of potatoes, carrots, onions because case lot sale week. plus lots of other good basics. canned beans, tomatoes etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with most of the items as being cheap, but dark chocolate and greek yogurt are pretty darn pricey. I think all yogurt is pricey, really. I used to eat it but my triglycerides went up tremendously and I was given a list of what not to eat. Dairy was on the list, so I don't partake of it much. Also, chocolate raises cholesterol and I believe it's the milk chocolate kind. Weird, eh?