hi is any NJ people out there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile hi is any NJ people out there

Hi everyone lets hear how everyone copes in expensive NJ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi im in middlsex county and i cope by sharing a home with my mother.. she would not be able to keep her home and i would be really struggling and sharing with many room mates an apt..

and here of course..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm here in Camden County NJ. I'm copping ok. I have a strict budget, parents that help in emergency if need be, and a house I bought when at $79K (now selling for over $200K).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm a South Jersey girl! It's not *quite* as expensive in Southern Jersey but still higher than national average for housing and energy. We're living in a 1960 rancher(bought in 2000) amongst $300K home developments. We cope the same way everyone else does I guess. We work hard(dh at a paying job, I as a homemaker)and live below our means. I used to want to move to save money but I really love SNJ; the marshes, the bay, the wildlife, the farming, the beaches, the FOOD!!!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I live in central NJ mercer county we are in the midst of a property tax reevaluation Im already paying over 5k a year and i know there is going to be a big increase I would leave if i could

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I live in northern NJ and it is expensive and getting worse. It's sites like FV with all the great advice that help make the dollars stretch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm here in North NJ and I think next to NY, it is the most expensive area to live in. We're doing good but we watch every dollar. My taxes are at 7,800.00 dollars on a small house in Sussex county!! I see duel income childless couples like us, (some with six digit incomes) having a hard time- they have no savings at all. You got to budget here no matter what. No wonder so many people are leaving this state.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i guess i'm SOUTHERN NJ here.

my husband and i just BOUGHT our first house, after living with my parents for 3 1/2 years. we had 2 children under their roof, because life does go on.... we're struggling to pay most of our bills and baby stuff is expensive as all.

i'm here to learn how to save up $ and spend it wisely, plus get our bills paid, haha

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in Morris County, which is a ridiculous place to live, but I've lived here my whole life, (except when I went to college in Ohio). It's hard because I love everything the area has to offer, but it's so darn expensive!

I cope by being as frugal as possible as often as possible. We aren't spenders and we are paying extra on our mortgage and car payments each month in an effort to whittle them down more quickly.

We pack lunches for everyone (including dh and I), cook all of our meals, and use coupons and shop sales at ShopRite.

We wash in cold water and hang dry our clothes in the basement. We leave lights off in our house when we aren't in certain rooms and only turn on the air at 7:00 at night when the kids are getting ready for bed because it is just too hot in their rooms to sleep. In the winter, we keep the heat low and bundle up, and will especially do this this year with the utilities in NJ going up 17%.

The best way I cope with living in NJ is by visiting the village on a regular basis and getting inspiration and motivation by everyone here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well put, amyboz. they are going up 17%?? WOW!!!!

i turned off all ceiling fans today & only put them on when the kids were getting ready for bed (our central air conditioning is broken so it's off, lol). i shut off all lights until it started getting dark outside & i shut off power surg protectors as to not waste electricity

i would so hang dry clothes, but 1) don't have anywhere to hang a line & 2) just bought a brand new dryer when we got the house

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in Gloucester County, home of the non-stop housing developments...ugh. My taxes are about $6500, up from $5200 when we bought this house 3 years ago. It's out of control.

DH and I are beginning a slow process to wipe out our debt so we can beautify our house with some extras. Our house is only 10 years old. I find if I come to this website, it keeps me on track. I stray every once in a while, but I always come back. I've been a member here for 6 years!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i'm new to owning a home. we only bought this house (that was a foreclosure AND built in 1980) at the very end of february. we didn't move in until end of march because the place NEEDED work before i would move my children in.

it said our taxes you would $4500.

Registered User thriftstorequeen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi! I live in Cumberland County. My hubby and I have lived here all our lives. I do love the area. We live about 1/2 hour drive to the Jersey Shore. Hubby is a surfer and I love the beach! We down sized 8 years ago. We bought and single-wide mobile home on 6 acres of wooded land. We love it here! It's been fun landscaping and working on our garden. We picked 3 squash and have had greens a fews timed from it so far this year. We have over 100 tomatoe plants in. Looks like we will be doing some canning this year too! There is nothing like a Jersey Tomatoe! Three of our children still live here and are not far away. Two moved out of state. My hubby can fix and build anything so we save alot that way. I love to cook so we eat home. We just cut back and are trying to get everything paid off. I get alot of help on here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well this is an older posting but thought i'd add to it -i also am in camden county NJ

Registered User thriftstorequeen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you are here Jersey Girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast