Frugal Tips, Local Stores, Etc., for NE WI...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Frugal Tips, Local Stores, Etc., for NE WI...

Hi Everyone!

In a couple of months, maybe a little longer (who knows for sure?) DH and I will will be moving to NE WI. Not exactly sure where, but somewhere near Appleton/Green Bay, maybe even north of there. Possibly Michigan like Menominee. I am not really familiar with the area, but I am aware that there aren't any of the stores that I shop at up there. So I have no idea what I am going to do up there at first. I have never lived anywhere other than SW WI/ NE IA, so it's gonna be a culture shock movin' to the Northwoods.

My question is this:

Do any of you have any ideas, favorite grocery stores, consignment shops for up in that area???

I would really, really appreciate it if anyone had any ideas. Thanks SO much!!!
    ~*April*~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wish i could help. but i faced similar when i moved from massachussettes to florida. all i can say is good luck and take ur time. ur pc is ur friend for searching what is out there. and trial and error.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The only comment I'd make since I've never lived there is to try these things:

mygrocerydeals.com

although they no longer give you the chance to compare directly what stores in your area have on sale they do list most grocery store sale fliers based on a zip code.

Also, couponmom.com who lists multiple stores, based on state listings, I believe.

But first what I'd do is 1)Check Aldi's website and see if there's an aldi's nearby and 2)Check the salvage store directory here and see if there's a salvage store nearby.

I've moved all over the place and it takes a while to find the cheaper stores if you don't use a computer. The last time we moved, the net didn't exist. But if we moved now, this is what I'd do.

Good luck!

Judi