This week's storm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default This week's storm

How is everyone doing? Seems KC area is looking at another day of disrupted work/school/etc. Main roads snow packed and littered with abandoned cars. Side roads are impassable. We are snug at home and thankful no one here has to venture out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got your rain, wind and tornado warnings. Apparently there were tornadoes south of us but no damage or injuries are being reported on the news this morning so I don't know what happened there. I'll go out an check the roof. We might need to tighten it down again. Last night, we had horizontal wind for a few minutes so I need to make sure nothing came loose.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We didn't get as much as they had predicted. Got out of school early yesterday but didn't need to. Hit us about 4:15ish and going two hours late today. Were suppose to get 7 inches and maybe got 4-5. I am in central Iowa.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ruderring View Post
    We didn't get as much as they had predicted. Got out of school early yesterday but didn't need to. Hit us about 4:15ish and going two hours late today. Were suppose to get 7 inches and maybe got 4-5. I am in central Iowa.
    Diddo. Snow started here about 2:15. Kids were out of school early, before it even started snowing, but when the snow came it came with a vengence. It started sticking to the ground within 25 minutes. We probably got about 4" or 5" also. Kids are on a two hour delay from school this morning. I was really hoping for a snow day and be able to stay home snugs as bugs in a rug, but that isn't going to happen.

This is much better then the previous snow storms we have received this year. The snow is light and fluffy and not that terrible heavy stuff. Winds are rather calm this morning.

I'm in South Central Iowa.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been watching this storm all week and I knew it was going to be bad, not just the amount of snow but the idiots who would insist on going out in it. So many highways closed because of the hundreds of vehicles stuck and abandoned. What a mess! Fortunately no ice or sleet hit in the city.

DH took the day off and stayed home. After looking at it last night, he decided to stay home today too. Our street isn't plowed and we live on a slope. I've "run into" neighbors at the intersection at the bottom before.

We got 11-12" here. They are saying another big storm will be here on Monday.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are getting the remnants but it is just a nice steady snow. We had had rain then icy roads and high winds that kept the schools closed for a number of days this yr. already.
    Everyone be safe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope everyone is safe............and warm!!! Stay home if you can. Have been following it on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieLee View Post
    Last night, we had horizontal wind for a few minutes so I need to make sure nothing came loose.
    We get that too---but probably nothing like you get---.........I hate wind. I always think of my roof with wind and the snow.........wondering about the 'snow load'.....UGH.

We have an extremely active weather pattern for the next 6 days here, but nothing seems to be sticking. Depends on what the air current does, the middle part of the country could be in for one heck of a ride when it gets there.

BE CAREFUL.........if you do have to go out in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh my! Everyone stay safe!!

We're expecting snow on Sunday. 12" of heavy stuff. Bleh!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were slammed with thunder, lightening, and snow. I was supposed to take dd to an appointment an hour north of us yesterday afternoon. I called and rescheduled for next week. The highway between here and there is always terrible in this kind of weather. The public schools in our area (Mid-Missouri) were closed yesterday and are again today.

Dd#2 and I are supposed to go to a conference in Branson tomorrow morning. I hope the roads between here and there are clear enough to make the trip. MODoT is pretty good about getting the major roads cleared quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It started snowing here about an hour ago, but I don't think we're supposed to get that much. I heard roads are slick in our area though. We're on the extreme northern edge of the storm system so shouldn't have a big event here from it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonnotsm9 View Post

Dd#2 and I are supposed to go to a conference in Branson tomorrow morning. I hope the roads between here and there are clear enough to make the trip. MODoT is pretty good about getting the major roads cleared quickly.
    I would call and see if it is even happening, at this point. The roads in Branson are bad enough without snow and ice. Those hills can be treacherous.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    I would call and see if it is even happening, at this point. The roads in Branson are bad enough without snow and ice. Those hills can be treacherous.
    One of the other chaperones called already. The roads between here and there are good, so we're on for tomorrow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bonnotsm9 View Post
    One of the other chaperones called already. The roads between here and there are good, so we're on for tomorrow!
    Then be sure to DRIVE CAREFUL and stay safe..............more could be coming your way.

We have had just one CRAPPY DAY here..............wind, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and now it is back to rain........no snow sticking.........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Heads up, folks, there's another storm moving into place on the same track this one just took and our local weather guys says it's "potentially bigger and more intense than the storm we just experienced." It's due to land in the OK/KS/MO Monday night and could drop another 10+ inches.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Heads up, folks, there's another storm moving into place on the same track this one just took and our local weather guys says it's "potentially bigger and more intense than the storm we just experienced." It's due to land in the OK/KS/MO Monday night and could drop another 10+ inches.
    NOOOOOOOO!

we already got so much snow and ice. It was so hard to shovel. When I walk in it I sink up to my knees and that is if you are avoiding the drifts.

Kids had two snow days. Hubby's work close for one and get here the second day was if you can.
    Much of the town closed. my work did not close so I had to get out (that is why we have four wheel drive.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast