Nebraska
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Nebraska

Hello!

I am new to these boards and was wondering if there was anyone from Nebraska lurking about?

Stephanie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and

We do have someone from Nebraska...Jamee... mom22grls

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello! Hello! I'm close to lincoln.

There's a couple others, too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm originally from Omaha. I live in Missouri now. I miss my family, but NOT the winters! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in Nebraska....I'm in North Platte.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks to all for replying to my post!

I am in NE Nebraska, Hartington to be precise.

This is my hometown, but I know all points of Nebraska. My husband and I are separated at the moment and doing marriage counseling, (in Kearney) but he lives in our house in Grant (his hometown). So being from opposite ends of the state, I know many places inbetween.

I have been to NP many times. As a matter of fact, my husband and father-in-law both work there. And of course, NP has the closest WalMart to Grant, 70 miles one way! Don'tcha just love the distance you have to drive to get anywhere in Western Nebraska.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH works at the Wal-Mart DC in NP...he also works 3 days a week at the Hampton Inn

We lived in McCook for a couple years, and it was okay, but I like NP better.

We just spent 2 days in Lincoln. I love the convenience of shopping, etc there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dhmunoz, I get the best of both worlds. Rural living & CLOSE to Lincoln & only about 1 hr from Omaha. I HATE driving in Omaha!!!!

We have a little grocery store here, but it's *MUCH* cheaper in Lincoln.

geniebird, DD1 goes to Camp Kitaki alot! It's in South Bend...real close to Omaha. She does a program called SK where they work a little & get to spend the night there & meet friends & hang out. She'll be there the next two weekends for a Halloween Camp....so I'll be driving up your way.

We just got Ashleigh a broadband phone line where she can make free long-distance calls & she has a Lincoln & an Omaha phone number so all her friends from Camp can call her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were overjoyed to see that the price of gas in Lincoln was so LOW.....we paid I think 2.39 (or close to that) at Gas & Shop....here in North Platte gas is still around 2.68 for an average

We have places to shop here (lots of them actually) but the selection of stores in Lincoln is much better. We were also surprised to see the dozens and dozens of houses for rent in Lincoln...and some were so nice, and not too expensive. Too bad DH doesn't have a DC to work at there. A vacant house for rent in North Platte is a rarity, and they are expensive if one does crop up. The housing market--both for rentals and for home sales--is red-hot here due to so many people moving here to work for Union Pacific.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by dhmunoz
    We were overjoyed to see that the price of gas in Lincoln was so LOW.....we paid I think 2.39 (or close to that) at Gas & Shop....here in North Platte gas is still around 2.68 for an average

That's funny because there's a big stink about how Lincoln's gas stations are gouging because they're so much more expensive here.  I agree.....I think it's pretty cheap....the gas station in our little town is more than in Lincoln.

What's a Wal-mart DC?  You know, we have 2 walmarts & they're going to put in another soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC= Distribution Center. It's a H-U-G-E warehouse. My husband works in maintenance there. They pay very well--he makes $15/hr.

We couldn't find a single Wal-Mart there this weekend...it wasn't until we were leaving that I remembered that there was one somewhere out on 70th & Superior or somewhere out there. We went to Target instead...I love Target

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We couldn't find a single Wal-Mart there this weekend...it wasn't until we were leaving that I remembered that there was one somewhere out on 70th & Superior or somewhere out there.

27th & superior.....real close to the interstate. 

And, the new one is way south.....84th & hwy 2.  This is the one I go to.

They're going to put one in around 84 & holdredge.....or something like that.

There were rumers of a Super Target going in South Lincoln, too, but I haven't heard of anything coming of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We stayed at the Hampton Inn South, just off Old Cheney Rd....there wasn't much around there in the way of shopping or eating So we had to drive around.

Since DH works for Hampton Inn, we get great employee room rates....but NO ONE TOLD ME that we could have stayed at the Embassy for $39!!!!!! Argh! Next time we go, that's where we'll be..LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We stayed at the Hampton Inn South, just off Old Cheney Rd....there wasn't much around there in the way of shopping or eating 

AWWW!  You were soooo close!  You were about 56th & hwy2.......close to the new WM.    Close to me.    Not too much there, though, you're right.    Target, a theatre, grocery store, a bunch of little expensive places the the strip malls.  Blockbuster & Osco & a Goodwill.

But, 27th & pine lake (1 mile south of old cheney) is the new shopping mall.  Old Navy has good deals on clothes. And Von Maur has wonderful clearances! Lots of stores & eatin' there. 

Next time you're in town, LMK & I'll tell you where to go!  & Where the sales are. 

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we could have stayed at the Embassy 

That's downtown.  It' supposedly a really nice hotel.  But, wherever you want to go, you'll have to drive. There's a little shopping downtown, but mostly speciality shops  & pretty pricey.    I avoid downtown like the plague. 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast