Moving to Illinois! Midwest? Transplanted Canadian needs help!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Moving to Illinois! Midwest? Transplanted Canadian needs help!

Hi! I am in a tizzy! My fiance just got a wonderful, too good to be true job offer (and promotion) in Addison, Illinois and I think we will be moving! I am very excited and scared! I lived in Houston for 2years and loved it and have been wanting to get back to the states for awhile and it is finally happening! I have to confess I missed those coupons and rebates and Target and all the other wonderful things the states have! My question is, where am I moving to? What stores will be near me? What grocery stores are there and do any of them take double coupons? LOL! I'm going to get re-addicted to my coupon queen hobby! I know I am rambling but I am alone (fiance is still in Illinois) and I need someone to talk to. One last question, what's the cost of living in Illinois? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What part of Illinois is that? We lived in Robinson for 3 yrs and I really loved it. I thought the cost of living was pretty good. We are in Indiana now. Look up Addison on a search engine,and research everything. Welcome back to the states!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the welcome back! I think Addison is a western suburb of Chicago! Very close, I think 20 minutes or so! I intend on researching as much as I can, it will be exciting! Where is Robinson?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought I posted a reply, but I don't see it! Thanks for the welcome! Addison is a western suburb of Chicago. Where is Robinson? I will definitely be doing some research on the net! What an adventure!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Duh! there it is! Sorry folks

PhotoGuy
    Tourist

I lived in Wheaton for awhile, right outside the Wheaton College campus. Wheaton is near Addison. I loved living in that area and I would definately go back! Where in Canada are you from?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am originally from Sudbury, Ontario, but currently live in Windsor. I work in Ann Arbor at the U of M hospital. I have heard of Wheaton, it is close to Addison. We have been told by the people at the company my fiance works for that this area of Illinois is very nice. The company is paying for us to go on an "apartment hunting" trip, which happens to coincide with our honeymoon...! so we are getting a free honeymoon... sort of!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in down state Ill. (20 miles south of Springfield, Il. that is the state capitol) I am transplanted from Pasadena, Ca.
    I moved here 10 years ago. I love it. I live in a small town (Really small-725 people) That's a big change from 30 years living 6 miles from LA. The cost of living is a lot lower here, but I don't know about the Chicago area. This was a good choice for raising Children. Check the following links for info on Addison.
    http://www.addisonadvantage.org/

http://local.yahoo.com/?location_sta...lon=-87.988716

http://www.ilohwy.com/a/addison.htm

Hope it helps.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wink Welcome back

Hi, I live in Illinois, in Rockford, which is kind of close to where you will be living, my husband works in Hoffman Estates so Addison is close by I think.

I know in your area you have some of the stores available to you, Dominicks, Jewel, hopefully a Meijer, and Eagle I think. I know that most of them take expireds, which can be good. Please email me and maybe we can share good deals etc. or get together as I go to Hoffman Estates where my husband works at times to go to the grocery store etc..shopping.

Lori
    [email protected]